• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Steelers/Jaguars

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new rule changes, teams that live and die by the defense will be left out in the cold.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win, but it really makes you rethink 'we need to rely on the offense' thing everyone was discussing last week. O line is a still a work in progress on pass blocking, and the offense is not in any way precise, always make a mistake to kill a drive, Ben included.

In some ways it does because the Jags have been so bad on DEF as well as the OFC...I thought 27 to 30 was a given. I was really disappointed in Ben's play...he kind of resorted to the old Ben of hanging on to the ball creating negative plays.

When you look back at the game the OFC really controlled it much like last week...better execution in the RZ and the score is more inline with what most of us probably expected....the DEF is just much younger (prior to the injuries to the OLBs) and imo should be better as the year goes along.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways it does because the Jags have been so bad on DEF as well as the OFC...I thought 27 to 30 was a given. I was really disappointed in Ben's play...he kind of resorted to the old Ben of hanging on to the ball creating negative plays.

When you look back at the game the OFC really controlled it much like last week...better execution in the RZ and the score is more inline with what most of us probably expected....the DEF is just much younger (prior to the injuries to the OLBs) and imo should be better as the year goes along.

A RZ conversion rate of 1 out of 4 definitely needs to be improved... Like I've said before, Haley's play calling in the RZ is irritating the crap out of me. Why haven't they been using Heath Miller more is my main question!!!? He used to be Ben's go-to RZ option, but now he is almost forgotten. Last week against TB he saw a few targets, and only 1 against JAX inside the 20 (if my memory serves correct). Haley should be using Miller more in his plans, not this east-to-west bubble screen or dump pass BS.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A RZ conversion rate of 1 out of 4 definitely needs to be improved... Like I've said before, Haley's play calling in the RZ is irritating the crap out of me. Why haven't they been using Heath Miller more is my main question!!!? He used to be Ben's go-to RZ option, but now he is almost forgotten. Last week against TB he saw a few targets, and only 1 against JAX inside the 20 (if my memory serves correct). Haley should be using Miller more in his plans, not this east-to-west bubble screen or dump pass BS.

I agree with you Face!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worilds Thru 5 games...is he a keeper?

On pace for about 6 or 7 sacks, and about 40 tackles at this level right now...going mostly against RTs.

If Worilds did indeed turn down a long term offer this offseason imo it might've been a mistake. PIT mostly like will make him an offer if those numbers bear out, but doubtful he's going to get a $40 mil type contract.

What say you?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with your assessment that Haley isn't a great playcaller in the red zone, I think some of this needs to be put on the QB himself, Ben isn't keen on throwing into tight windows, and would rather hold onto the ball an extra second. And while that has produced some great plays that resulted in TD's its also provided an inordinate amount of sacks and turnovers that kill red zone opportunities.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On pace for about 6 or 7 sacks, and about 40 tackles at this level right now...going mostly against RTs.

If Worilds did indeed turn down a long term offer this offseason imo it might've been a mistake. PIT mostly like will make him an offer if those numbers bear out, but doubtful he's going to get a $40 mil type contract.

What say you?

Can't possibly offer him a 40 million dollar deal, and being 27 entering next season, it's hard for me to believe someone else would either.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't possibly offer him a 40 million dollar deal, and being 27 entering next season, it's hard for me to believe someone else would either.

Agreed. Worilds is a good player, but nothing special...with so many 3-4 teams out there now, he'll get offers but I'm not too concerned about losing him to be honest.