• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELER NATION BANTER THREAD

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They comin' for ya Denver!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 92959

The low down on him is that he is good receiving out of the backfield but I think he is just a TC and pre season buffer so our real RB's don't get injured early...:scratch:
Look at it this way... He can teach all the younger guys how NOT to run the ball.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude's a training camp body. Somebody to fill in for Forsett before the season starts. I'd be surprised if he's making more than the vet minimum.

Given that he couldn't even make the Oakland Raiders' roster last season, I'd say that paying him the vet minimum is way over paying him just to be a camp body. You sign undrafted rookie free agents to be camp bodies not former 1st round picks.

Not that the Ravens have confirmed signing Richardson or anything but just to speculate, it could mean Forsett's rehab is behind schedule. Haven't heard the Baltimore media say anything but they're focused on Flacco's contract restructuring and trading back in the draft right now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude's a training camp body. Somebody to fill in for Forsett before the season starts. I'd be surprised if he's making more than the vet minimum.

Given that he couldn't even make the Oakland Raiders' roster last season, I'd say that paying him the vet minimum is way over paying him just to be a camp body. You sign undrafted rookie free agents to be camp bodies not former 1st round picks.

Not that the Ravens have confirmed signing Richardson or anything but just to speculate, it could mean Forsett's rehab is behind schedule. Haven't heard the Baltimore media say anything but they're focused on Flacco's contract restructuring and trading back in the draft right now.

Yea it seems to me like more than just a camp body signing. Like Ewa pointed out, you don't sign former 1st Rd picks to be camp bodies. There would be a plan in place if he was signed. His ceiling is 3rd on the depth chart though, so I understand the argument.

I heard about Flacco's restructuring. Read that it could free up somewhere around $12mil in cap space. That would be huge.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome back to the AFCN Mr Wallace!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wallace really still considered a threat to defenses???
Not sure. He may not have the speed he once had, but safeties still have to respect him. He hasn't had a QB for 2+ years that could locate the deep ball to him so who knows what he has left. If Flacco is as good as they pay him to be, then I think Wallace will have a good season. But that's a very big "if". Wallace has never had good hands. So that doesn't help his case either.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. He may not have the speed he once had, but safeties still have to respect him. He hasn't had a QB for 2+ years that could locate the deep ball to him so who knows what he has left. If Flacco is as good as they pay him to be, then I think Wallace will have a good season. But that's a very big "if". Wallace has never had good hands. So that doesn't help his case either.

And has never improved his short and intermediate route running from what I've seen over the last 4+ years. I think his lack of success over the last 2+ years is more due to the fact defenses don't have to respect anything other than a post route from him. And when that's all ya got, a defense can sit on that route or bump him off it at the line of scrimmage and shut it down. I realize QB play didn't help much but Wallace didn't help his QBs much either!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And has never improved his short and intermediate route running from what I've seen over the last 4+ years. I think his lack of success over the last 2+ years is more due to the fact defenses don't have to respect anything other than a post route from him. And when that's all ya got, a defense can sit on that route or bump him off it at the line of scrimmage and shut it down. I realize QB play didn't help much but Wallace didn't help his QBs much either!!!

I countered the 1 trick pony theory when he was in PIT...he did run some slants (actually took one to the house his last yr in PIT I think) but the reality is, he never expanded his route tree and couple that with him not being a very big guy MIA and MIN just didn't target him that much.

That said, I know Flacco is going to go deep 5 or 6 times a game so he'll get one last chance (as a high cap hit player) to prove he can still be a game changer.