• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELER NATION BANTER THREAD

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I countered the 1 trick pony theory when he was in PIT...he did run some slants (actually took one to the house his last yr in PIT I think) but the reality is, he never expanded his route tree and couple that with him not being a very big guy MIA and MIN just didn't target him that much.

That said, I know Flacco is going to go deep 5 or 6 times a game so he'll get one last chance (as a high cap hit player) to prove he can still be a game changer.

I also don't think he did a good job fighting for balls with DBs but that is just my opinion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't think he did a good job fighting for balls with DBs but that is just my opinion.

IMO Wallace is just not a $4-$5 mil per WR now...Steve Smith, even at his age is more versatile, more dependable...should get a lot more targets than Wallace...I don't expect him to be on the roster next yr.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Wallace is just not a $4-$5 mil per WR now...Steve Smith, even at his age is more versatile, more dependable...should get a lot more targets than Wallace...I don't expect him to be on the roster next yr.

I agree!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, but he caught almost everything with his chest/pads. Annoyed the crap out of me, but glad he at least caught the ball. I watched the ball come bouncing off his chest a bunch while in MIA & MIN.
Don't forget about Aiken either. That kid stepped up big last season and earned the WR1/2 spot. I think they will have Aiken stay on the outside, put Wallace on the opposite side, and let Smith do all the dirty work between the hashes. Both Aiken & Wallace should open the field up quite a bit for guys like Smith & Williams/Gillmore to do damage. And that still leaves Perriman & Givens. Quite the crowded position for them. No clue why they felt the need to grab Wallace. I think they are liking the offense that PIT built, and are trying to follow suit.

Whats the status on Pitta? Haven't heard anything about whether he is still with that team?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, but he caught almost everything with his chest/pads. Annoyed the crap out of me, but glad he at least caught the ball. I watched the ball come bouncing off his chest a bunch while in MIA & MIN.

Don't forget about Aiken either. That kid stepped up big last season and earned the WR1/2 spot. I think they will have Aiken stay on the outside, put Wallace on the opposite side, and let Smith do all the dirty work between the hashes. Both Aiken & Wallace should open the field up quite a bit for guys like Smith & Williams/Gillmore to do damage. And that still leaves Perriman & Givens. Quite the crowded position for them. No clue why they felt the need to grab Wallace. I think they are liking the offense that PIT built, and are trying to follow suit.

Whats the status on Pitta? Haven't heard anything about whether he is still with that team?

Pita is still with the team but I haven't heard anything about his current status. I assumed the Watson signing was a indicator Pita wasn't gonna play but maybe he will. His cap hit is too big for the Ravens to cut him before Jun 1, so they may be waiting til then to see how his hip is doing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pita is still with the team but I haven't heard anything about his current status. I assumed the Watson signing was a indicator Pita wasn't gonna play but maybe he will. His cap hit is too big for the Ravens to cut him before Jun 1, so they may be waiting til then to see how his hip is doing.
Damn I forgot all about the Watson signing. That's a shit load of TE's! Each one could arguably be the TE1.

1. Pitta
2. Gillmore
3. Williams
4. Watson

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I forgot all about the Watson signing. That's a shit load of TE's! Each one could arguably be the TE1.

1. Pitta
2. Gillmore
3. Williams
4. Watson

Yes they could. No way all 4 of them make the roster either but if Pitta still can't play then the other 3 should be OK for making the team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a wait and see mode on rg3/Hue...pretty much a 1 yr prove it contract...actually a good move for the Browns for a change imo.

I've seen a few QB transformations from runner to QB or clueless to QB...reportedly rg3 is going to work with a passing guru to work on footwork and mechanics...if he allows them to strip his game down and he can mentally absorb that his role is a distributor to the playmakers first and foremost, you only become the playmaker as a last resort, maybe a bootleg every now and then....use the rules to your advantage...learn how to slide.

Some people say he can't read a def and I laugh...any one of us can read a def if we spent the same time in study...in game speed under live fire...the best can process the info much faster, the worst process it but slower and the QB has about 3 secs on avg to make a decision. If Hue can teach him the subtle stuff like looking off the DEF, etc...maybe he can revive him.

But it won't matter that much in terms of the won/loss this yr...I've seen an over/under number floated out there of 3...not sure what Vegas has, but I might take the over...4...if somehow rg3 does turn it around and they get Josh Gordon back...6 or better in '17.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious...

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was gonna root for Duh $tealer$ this year! Not anymore though.:nono:
Too late. JH already rented the sheep. So you can't back out now.

Baaaaa!!!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to dust this thread off...

14364671_1244399835606702_1059430976554390368_n.jpg