• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a "which do you prefer" thread from just a few weeks ago. It was pretty enter-damn-taining.

Seriously though, Frodo Kenobi?
obi_frodo_kenobi___by_la_miedos-d6v23u4.jpg

Spooky!

"So, you're tellin me that a Hobbit wearing THEE ring of power would be no match for a Jedi?? Preposterous! And here are 17 reasons why..."

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spooky!

"So, you're tellin me that a Hobbit wearing THEE ring of power would be no match for a Jedi?? Preposterous! And here are 17 reasons why..."
Hobbits are known homosexuals. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll re-post the following from the Blade Runner thread.

POSSIBLE STAR WARS 7 SPOILER:

Harrison Ford being available to work in a Blade Runner sequel certainly goes along with the rumors that Ford will NOT be tied-up/busy for the next several years portraying Han Solo in the next few Stars Wars films, as Solo supposedly dies in Star Wars VII (according to leaks/rumors).
Star Wars 7: The Big Rumor We Hope Isn't True

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll re-post the following from the Blade Runner thread.

POSSIBLE STAR WARS 7 SPOILER:

Harrison Ford being available to work in a Blade Runner sequel certainly goes along with the rumors that Ford will NOT be tied-up/busy for the next several years portraying Han Solo in the next few Stars Wars films, as Solo supposedly dies in Star Wars VII (according to leaks/rumors).
Star Wars 7: The Big Rumor We Hope Isn't True
Sadly, I've seen this rumor numerous times now. Supposedly dies in the act of saving several others including Chewie. It may be twilight for the scruffy nerf herder.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I've seen this rumor numerous times now. Supposedly dies in the act of saving several others including Chewie. It may be twilight for the scruffy nerf herder.

I have a feeling i wont like the new ones. Killing solo? Dumb. In the books hes still kicking ass at his age which lines up with his real life age. They still kick ass in star wars when they get old. Boba fett is like in his 80's i believe.

On the jaina and jacen thing. My daughter came first. We were gonna name her janae because my name is jason. I seen jainas name in the books and my wife loved it. 2 yrs later we had a boy. I never wanted a JR so i named my son my name but spelled it jacen. When people see their names they luv it. Then i tell em where i got em and theyre like, star wars? I dont remember those names lol.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling i wont like the new ones. Killing solo? Dumb. In the books hes still kicking ass at his age which lines up with his real life age. They still kick ass in star wars when they get old. Boba fett is like in his 80's i believe.

On the jaina and jacen thing. My daughter came first. We were gonna name her janae because my name is jason. I seen jainas name in the books and my wife loved it. 2 yrs later we had a boy. I never wanted a JR so i named my son my name but spelled it jacen. When people see their names they luv it. Then i tell em where i got em and theyre like, star wars? I dont remember those names lol.
I know they offed Chewie, Mara Jade and a few others in the books, but have they ever mentioned how Han dies? Old age or otherwise? I figure they can't hold true to the entire EU in the new films but I would like them to adopt some of the key, widely held pieces.

I applaud you for your offsprings' names. I think that is awesome.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why i feel i will be let down by these movies.

All the great characterd left for nothing from the books. They will give us a bunch of young new characters to cram down our throats. With stupid names....i wanted to see the jedi from the books on the big screen. They didnt have to keep the story but they coulda used their names or characters.

Corran horn, kyp durron, zekk, lowbacca, tesar, saba sebatyne. Mara jade, jaina and jacen, taheiri veila, the hapan jedi. Cant remember her name off hand. Jacens love. And many more. Really wanted to see the galaxy fight as one vs the vong. Hope JJ Abrams shocks me tho

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone here read the Thrawn Trilogy?

I know they offed Chewie, Mara Jade and a few others in the books, but have they ever mentioned how Han dies? Old age or otherwise? I figure they can't hold true to the entire EU in the new films but I would like them to adopt some of the key, widely held pieces.

I applaud you for your offsprings' names. I think that is awesome.

Ty about the names

In the books han is still alive and married still to leia. I was in the books after jaina killed jacen and luke was banished from coruscant with his son ben until they find the reason behind jacens fall to the darkside. I quit reading the books once they fucked the EU. I only read them because i thought they were cannon.

Chewie. Mara. Jacen. Anakin solo. All were offed.

Jacen had a daughter nobody knows about except for his parents and luke. So han is a grandpa and takes care of her with leia. But still fighting politics.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why i feel i will be let down by these movies.

All the great characterd left for nothing from the books. They will give us a bunch of young new characters to cram down our throats. With stupid names....i wanted to see the jedi from the books on the big screen. They didnt have to keep the story but they coulda used their names or characters.

Corran horn, kyp durron, zekk, lowbacca, tesar, saba sebatyne. Mara jade, jaina and jacen, taheiri veila, the hapan jedi. Cant remember her name off hand. Jacens love. And many more. Really wanted to see the galaxy fight as one vs the vong. Hope JJ Abrams shocks me tho
We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. I honestly hope they don't kill Solo. I envisioned him, Luke, Leia and Chewie having roles that diminish as their characters give way to the next generation. Some of Hamill's comments in interviews led me, and others, to extrapolate that. Ya know, Abrams is supposedly playing a smoke and mirrors game to protect his plot. Maybe the Han rumors are part of that.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think the movies wouldve been great if the first ep was luke finding all the jedis and rebuilding the jedi order and maybe use thrawn. Then in ep 2 have the vong attack. Chewie die at the end as a cliff hanger. In ep 3 the galaxy comes together to fight the vong. Who doesnt want to see boba fett and a bunch of mandalorians fighting side by side with the solo clan. Also the empire helping. The hapans. Couldve been epic IMO. Maybe it wouldve been R rated tho. Was a pretty dark series.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gotta go. Could talk star wars EU all day. But im at my sons field trip now. Fuckin peter pan play lol.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think the movies wouldve been great if the first ep was luke finding all the jedis and rebuilding the jedi order and maybe use thrawn. Then in ep 2 have the vong attack. Chewie die at the end as a cliff hanger. In ep 3 the galaxy comes together to fight the vong. Who doesnt want to see boba fett and a bunch of mandalorians fighting side by side with the solo clan. Also the empire helping. The hapans. Couldve been epic IMO. Maybe it wouldve been R rated tho. Was a pretty dark series.
I'd like to nominate you to produce this series. I would be totally happy with that progression.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I confess to sacrilege. I plan to watch the next Star Wars movie when it comes out on DVD.