• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]/OMOVFvcNfvE[/YOUTUBE]

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel
[YOUTUBE]/VKTMlGGhk2w[/YOUTUBE]

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweeeeet. Gree up in the 80's and had every figure as a kid. Didnt care for the cheesy prequels.....still seen em many times.

Cant wait for dec 18th. Just hope im not let down since they didnt follow the books. Was really hoping to see jaina and jacen on the big screen. I also hope the old characters arent just in it for a lil bit. Hopefully luke skywalker and han solo play big roles.

Still i cant wait

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority here but I didn't mind the prequels as much as everybody else, especially Revenge of The Sith.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
confused. now I don't know all the back stories & such, just watch the movies, but I thought all the storm troopers were clones therefore were all alike. (then I see a black storm trooper)
Also I thought boba fett died in return of the jedi?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority here but I didn't mind the prequels as much as everybody else, especially Revenge of The Sith.
Same here. Two major drawbacks I saw with the prequels- Jar Jar Binks character (minor set back) and HC being a shitty actor (much bigger setback). Although his shitty acting made it easy to hate Anakin... then again he was supposed to be somewhat likeable leading up to RotS. I thought the performances of MacGregor, Portman and most of the other cast far outweighed the drawbacks. And I really liked the storyline and evolution of the characters. The Anakin vs. Obi Wan battle in RotS was worth it all.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweeeeet. Gree up in the 80's and had every figure as a kid. Didnt care for the cheesy prequels.....still seen em many times.

Cant wait for dec 18th. Just hope im not let down since they didnt follow the books. Was really hoping to see jaina and jacen on the big screen. I also hope the old characters arent just in it for a lil bit. Hopefully luke skywalker and han solo play big roles.

Still i cant wait
It's all speculation at this point, but I thought the overwhelming hypothesis was that Jaina and Jaicen would have pivotal roles in the trilogy along with Ben Skywalker and maybe Anakin Solo. I think the roles of the big 3 will definitely be in the first one and then dwindle. Hamill had an interview recently that made me think this is a handing off of the reins type of film. He talked about how the franchise would be in good hands with the new actors/characters.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
confused. now I don't know all the back stories & such, just watch the movies, but I thought all the storm troopers were clones therefore were all alike. (then I see a black storm trooper)
All those clones of Jango Fett aged/grew at an accelerated rate so it's safe to say that the majority of them were probably out of service by the time of A New Hope (Ep 4) which was about 20 years after Revenge of the Sith. The Empire's forces were already diverse by the time of ANH as you can see by the faces of the officers and NCO-types.

There was always speculation that Boba did not die in the sarlac pit... what a lame way for a well liked/hated character to die. The sarlac was supposed to slowly digest people so it would give Boba time to figure a way out?:noidea: He had all sorts of gear and weapons on him.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm assuming Boba Fett would be for one of the standalone films, so he'd still be dead moving forward. From rumors I've heard his film would be about the group of bounty hunters who stole the plans for the Death Star, setting the film just before A New Hope.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those clones of Jango Fett aged/grew at an accelerated rate so it's safe to say that the majority of them were probably out of service by the time of A New Hope (Ep 4) which was about 20 years after Revenge of the Sith. The Empire's forces were already diverse by the time of ANH as you can see by the faces of the officers and NCO-types.

There was always speculation that Boba did not die in the sarlac pit... what a lame way for a well liked/hated character to die. The sarlac was supposed to slowly digest people so it would give Boba time to figure a way out?:noidea: He had all sorts of gear and weapons on him.

Thanks for answering. was wondering what the reasoning's could be.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Two major drawbacks I saw with the prequels- Jar Jar Binks character (minor set back) and HC being a shitty actor (much bigger setback). Although his shitty acting made it easy to hate Anakin... then again he was supposed to be somewhat likeable leading up to RotS. I thought the performances of MacGregor, Portman and most of the other cast far outweighed the drawbacks. And I really liked the storyline and evolution of the characters. The Anakin vs. Obi Wan battle in RotS was worth it all.

I agree with you guys. They were nowhere near as good as the originals but neither are most movies that are generally perceived as good flicks. I've always felt that a bad Star Wars movie is still better than 95%+ of movies to ever hit the theaters. I also agree that Ep. III was the best of the prequels. It had very little Jar Jar and I actually thought HC's acting improved quite a bit since Ep. II. It still had a few cringe worthy moments but not as many as the other 2.

I do wish they did more to develop the character of Leia's adopted father. He was kind of lurking here and there but was really only a minor character so when he stood up to say he and his wife would adopt Leia it didn't have the same payoff it could have had if they had developed him better over 2 or 3 movies.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you guys. They were nowhere near as good as the originals but neither are most movies that are generally perceived as good flicks. I've always felt that a bad Star Wars movie is still better than 95%+ of movies to ever hit the theaters. I also agree that Ep. III was the best of the prequels. It had very little Jar Jar and I actually thought HC's acting improved quite a bit since Ep. II. It still had a few cringe worthy moments but not as many as the other 2.

I do wish they did more to develop the character of Leia's adopted father. He was kind of lurking here and there but was really only a minor character so when he stood up to say he and his wife would adopt Leia it didn't have the same payoff it could have had if they had developed him better over 2 or 3 movies.
It almost makes you think they edited down his part a lot due to time. I mean, they had Jimmy Smits playing the guy. They could have done a LOT more with that character who was apparently a trusted ally of Yoda and Obi-Wan. But that dynamic never really got fleshed out on the screen.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As bigred said the clones aged fast. The stormtroopers were pretty much just regular soldiers. In fact in han solo's background i believe he was kicked out of the imperial army.

As for boba fett. In the books his mandalorian armor saved him. He ended up getting out an being saved by another bounty hunter. I believe it was dengar. Not sure. Never read that book. In the books boba fett was like 80 yrs old looking for that alien chick from attack of the clones that was like his mother figure because he was starting to get close to death and he needed to find the clone secret to save himself. His daughter was killed by jacen and his grandaughter was following his footsteps. He also trained jaina solo so she could kill her brother jacen. But now, none of that supposedly happened. WEAK!!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone here read the Thrawn Trilogy?