• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Rangers vs. Penguins

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already deleted from my DVR

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two consecutive icings by Lovejoy then takes a terrible angle against the corpse of St Louis, scramble, goal.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two consecutive icings by Lovejoy then takes a terrible angle against the corpse of St Louis, scramble, goal.

Thought that as well, reminds me of Peter Harrold on the Devils. Careless icings, good teams will make you pay.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy the Pens have shown life this series. Unexpected.

Unfortunately, our other flaws, like the inability to clear the front of the net, are still depressingly apparent. Martin and Lovejoy... Weak weak weak.

I never lose hope completely, but with the depleted D corps and an injured Malkin / non-existent 2nd line, this doesn't look like a year for a 3-1 comeback. If it leads to major changes, fine by me...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that as well, reminds me of Peter Harrold on the Devils. Careless icings, good teams will make you pay.

He's a #5 playing #2 minutes because of injuries, but that sequence was beyond words terrible. I'd expect that out of one of the rookies or Scuderi, but a guy with a decent skill set and experience it's inexcusable.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series probably ends in 5, but I know I'll simply be thinking about what could've been with even just Letang in the lineup.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy the Pens have shown life this series. Unexpected.

Unfortunately, our other flaws, like the inability to clear the front of the net, are still depressingly apparent. Martin and Lovejoy... Weak weak weak.

I never lose hope completely, but with the depleted D corps and an injured Malkin / non-existent 2nd line, this doesn't look like a year for a 3-1 comeback. If it leads to major changes, fine by me...

What kind of changes? Sincerely interested. GMJR gets a lot of crap, but the moves he made were mostly low risk. Last offseason he gave out pretty much all one year deals, lots of contracts expiring a few RFAs, gives them quite a bit of cap space/flexibility to manipulate the roster how they see fit. When healthy the defense is in a good place with Letang, Pouliot, Maatta, Cole (I'd bring him back, I think he's been fantastic. Play took a slight turn down after being saddled with Scuds...go figure), then guys like Dumolin and Harrington too. I'd probably buy out Scuds, see if a team will overpay for Sutter based on his playoffs being good, and manipulate the lineup as you can.
$56.5M committed next year for this:
72-87-14
39-71-9
13-16-X
X-X-X
58-51
3-12
12-X
X
Again, can totally retool the team.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disgusting

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be ironic if the penguins did come back from 3-1 considering the rangers did it to them last year. but yea i don't see it happening with that defense

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens made this more of a series than I thought they would. That, and the Rangers haven't looked all that impressive. If they do progress I could see a ripe-for-the-picking upset next round.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens made this more of a series than I thought they would. That, and the Rangers haven't looked all that impressive. If they do progress I could see a ripe-for-the-picking upset next round.

I could see them going down in 6 to whomever survives Caps/Isles. Both those teams have more offense, and the Rangers are really vulnerable. The Pens have honestly shut them down without 3 of their top 4 D and Rob Scuderi in the lineup playing over 20 minutes. Of course, these things are penchant to change over the course of a playoff season, but when you consider the insane amount of PPs they've been given, 9 goals in 4 games isn't too good. The series is really a nice synopsis of the Pens season...zero offense, MAF keeping them around, having okay fancy stats. I still think it's the Pens civic duty to get rid of the Rangers...easily the most boring team in the playoffs. And the Wild are in the playoffs.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre McGuire is the biggest Penguin homer. There is absolutely NO push from Hayes on Martin. Look at the video, Hayes never shoves or extends his arms outward to push Martin away to "create space". Instead Pierre why not call it like it happened, that space was created because Hayes backed away, then Martin just stared and watched as he put home the winner. BTW I love how Emerick and McGuire sounded like they were legit sad when recapping. :pound:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them going down in 6 to whomever survives Caps/Isles. Both those teams have more offense, and the Rangers are really vulnerable. The Pens have honestly shut them down without 3 of their top 4 D and Rob Scuderi in the lineup playing over 20 minutes. Of course, these things are penchant to change over the course of a playoff season, but when you consider the insane amount of PPs they've been given, 9 goals in 4 games isn't too good. The series is really a nice synopsis of the Pens season...zero offense, MAF keeping them around, having okay fancy stats. I still think it's the Pens civic duty to get rid of the Rangers...easily the most boring team in the playoffs. And the Wild are in the playoffs.
Well damnit get to it!

Last night was so boring in hockey that I actually started to read a book :/

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clusterfuck to the box... another PP for the Caps!!

Dirty crosscheck to the knees of Gleason.

I thought Tavares said they didn't play like that?