• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Capitals vs. Islanders

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this much, Caps are in deep shit if they go down 0-2 going to Lawn Guyland.

I can only hope DL....

I'll be there again tonight. I will say this, the Caps fans don't really care about opposing players jerseys in their arena. I didn't get heckled once. I expect things might get a little more hostile tonight should the Caps put up another stinker.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only hope DL....

I'll be there again tonight. I will say this, the Caps fans don't really care about opposing players jerseys in their arena. I didn't get heckled once. I expect things might get a little more hostile tonight should the Caps put up another stinker.

Unless you're just being an obnoxious asshole about it, Caps' fans are generally a pretty courteous and nice bunch. It also comes with the territory of living in a highly transient and highly employed town with lots of people from the NE in particular and all over the country living here.

I grew up going to Flyers' and Rangers' games where half the crowd was for the opposing team. It's nice that is no longer the case.

Let's go Caps!!! Need this tonight.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're just being an obnoxious asshole about it, Caps' fans are generally a pretty courteous and nice bunch. It also comes with the territory of living in a highly transient and highly employed town with lots of people from the NE in particular and all over the country living here.

I grew up going to Flyers' and Rangers' games where half the crowd was for the opposing team. It's nice that is no longer the case.

Let's go Caps!!! Need this tonight.

Well said. I agree with you entirely with the exception of the second to last sentence!

Best of luck tonight.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full marks to the Islanders for the effort they put in. For a team that's supposed to be smaller, they didn't seem to be intimidated one bit.

Not blaming the refs, especially considering it was one call and was early in the game. But I thought the Caps were right up there until the holding call on Fehr. Even de Haan thought he was going for interference. They need to be more resilient.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full marks to the Islanders for the effort they put in. For a team that's supposed to be smaller, they didn't seem to be intimidated one bit.

Not blaming the refs, especially considering it was one call and was early in the game. But I thought the Caps were right up there until the holding call on Fehr. Even de Haan thought he was going for interference. They need to be more resilient.

That call was bizarre. I thought de Haan was going as well. As long as the Isles stay out of the box, they could take this game tonight.....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal Buttercup!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great rebound goal by OV... back and forth we go, though the Caps have DOMINATED play in this period.