• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Capitals vs. Islanders

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really didn't have much of a chance with the roster they had going into the series. I was hoping we'd do the rest of the league a solid and bounce the Rangers, but nooooooo. But hey, you never know, maybe it's just a nice reversal of fortunes from last year.
yeah the injuries just hit at the worst time possible. only 2 months to training camp!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the injuries just hit at the worst time possible. only 2 months to training camp!

Hahah, these are the times I'm happy to have a competent baseball team to cheer for these days.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah, these are the times I'm happy to have a competent baseball team to cheer for these days.
haven't followed the pirates so far this season so i take it they are doing well?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't followed the pirates so far this season so i take it they are doing well?

As well as they can in a stacked division...didn't foresee the Reds starting off as hot as they have, and the Cubs are suddenly worthy again, but at least the Brewers suck. They're sitting at .500 right now, but the bats are heating up. "Best OF in baseball" is starting to shape up into maybe being a real thing, and it's the deepest bench I've ever seen them have. If pitching holds it's own, big possibilities.

*apologies for completely derailing this thread :)*

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Hickey: "Flush that one down the toilet"

Btw - I won a $20 off some Caps fan who was harassing me on line during intermission. He was crying that the Islanders have had "15 PP this series to the Caps 5". Dude was YELLING at me about the PP play differential. It was ridiculous. Anyway, I politely told him that the Islanders have only had 10 PP (at this point it was 10 exactly bc they have zero goals in the series) to which he challenged me to 'NHL.com it'. Anyway, fuck him. I bought me and my Caps friend a beer with his money.

Other interesting things:
Beer "accidentally spilled on me"? Check
Someone kicked and empty cup on the ground at me? Check
Obscenities and vulgarities thrown my way? Check (to be expected though)
Someone screaming in my face like a lunatic telling me Isles fans are classless? Check (cough*glasshouse*cough)
Back of my chair kicked on Kuzy's second goal? Check

Rough night all around. Here's to hoping the Isles get a bit more healthy on defense and don't look like a deer in headlights at the next game.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost de Haan to injury last night too. That's three top D men out now....brutal.

Isles fans are crying late hit from Brouwer. I didn't see it, did any of you guys?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost de Haan to injury last night too. That's three top D men out now....brutal.

Isles fans are crying late hit from Brouwer. I didn't see it, did any of you guys?

Looked like your normal hit finishing a check to me. Nothing crazy just knocked him down (shoulder injury ?) and he skated right into the locker room

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like your normal hit finishing a check to me. Nothing crazy just knocked him down (shoulder injury ?) and he skated right into the locker room

Oof - just saw it. He didn't even prepare for that hit. Seriously, if the Isles aren't going to play playoff hockey and let everyone on the Caps push them around, then they don't deserve to be here. That being said, the Caps haven't won anything yet.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True dat. With this franchise I hope for the best and expect the worst

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as they can in a stacked division...didn't foresee the Reds starting off as hot as they have, and the Cubs are suddenly worthy again, but at least the Brewers suck. They're sitting at .500 right now, but the bats are heating up. "Best OF in baseball" is starting to shape up into maybe being a real thing, and it's the deepest bench I've ever seen them have. If pitching holds it's own, big possibilities.

*apologies for completely derailing this thread :)*
sorry for de-railing this thread myself. i mean there's only so many ways you can say Caps haven't won anything yet and history is not on their side.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof - just saw it. He didn't even prepare for that hit. Seriously, if the Isles aren't going to play playoff hockey and let everyone on the Caps push them around, then they don't deserve to be here. That being said, the Caps haven't won anything yet.
they were talking about the series before it started that the caps were the heaviest team in the league and that the isles would feel it as the series got longer. If the caps win this series which history has shown they don't, then you can point to the wearing down of the isles and the isles inability to take games early in the series.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were talking about the series before it started that the caps were the heaviest team in the league and that the isles would feel it as the series got longer. If the caps win this series which history has shown they don't, then you can point to the wearing down of the isles and the isles inability to take games early in the series.

I hope I'm wrong but....
More likely scenario is next round when the isles lose to the Rangers they'll say it's because the caps wore them down in the first series.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Isles lineup. No Lee.

Nelson-Tavares-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo
Kulemin-Grabovski-McDonald
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Strait
Donovan-Mayfield

Halak

Caps lineup is the same as the past 2 games

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Ward
Johansson-Kuznetsov-Chimera
Burakovsky-Beagle-Brouwer
Laich-Latta-Wilson

Orpik-Carlson
Alzner-Niskanen
Green-Gleason

Holtby

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Caps uniforms make me happy.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as I said that, Caps got a PP via a high sticking penalty. Didn't matter though, terrible PP from the Caps. Can Trots PLEASE put Greenie back on PP1. I love Carly, but he isn't half as good as Green is on the PP.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh..lots of missed chances on that PP