• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Canadiens vs. Senators

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he knew what he was doing, but 4 minutes at best.
If the player is injured on a slash, it's a 5 minute and a misconduct. It's the rule. Ref had no choice.

PK was nowhere near play and had literally no reason whatsoever to slash. It was the kind of garbage the game doesn't need.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the player is injured on a slash, it's a 5 minute and a misconduct. It's the rule. Ref had no choice.

PK was nowhere near play and had literally no reason whatsoever to slash. It was the kind of garbage the game doesn't need.

all true but at the same time ... the barrel roll from Stone ???... jeesh ... looks like he even turns his head to the ref as hes girating to the ice

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all true but at the same time ... the barrel roll from Stone ???... jeesh ... looks like he even turns his head to the ref as hes girating to the ice

The rule book doesn't allow for embellishment to negate the existence of the initial penalty. Yet. I wouldn't mind seeing it...

Refs got it right. 5 and a game. And I am sure they had a trickle of wee running down their legs when making the call. You couldn't pay me enough to eject the Habs best player, in Montreal, in game one of the playoffs against Ottawa. Jeeezus. I'd just throw my helmet on the ice and quit.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does. I didn't like that, either, but I'm also pretty convinced the guy was indeed hurt given all the back-and-forth to the room and the smaller amount of ice time he got compared to his recent average.

All in all, the whole thing was something I'd rather not see, right up to the coaches' comments after the game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously the wrist bone is connected to the legs bones.....

Time to wear those full up gloves. Not the opera gloves some of these guys wear.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Habs have the talent and the netminder to easily win this series, yet Subban continues to act like a thug when he's got all the talent in the world. I'm old enough to remember the "bloody" Quebec-Montreal series back in the 1980's. If this one heads in that direction the winner will have nothing left come the second round.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Habs have the talent and the netminder to easily win this series, yet Subban continues to act like a thug when he's got all the talent in the world. I'm old enough to remember the "bloody" Quebec-Montreal series back in the 1980's. If this one heads in that direction the winner will have nothing left come the second round.

I remember it as well. There is sufficient muscle on both teams for this series to devolve to that level. Hopefully not and Game 2 will see them stick to hockey

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"microfracture" ... its so small you cant see it on an xray

:bolt: