• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Canadiens vs. Senators

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva run for the Sens. Kinda bummed this did not go to 7. It really should have. Grats to Habs fans.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Habs fans

And a special thank you to the Senators for captivating us with an amazing run and having a fan base that was completely into it!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a run for the Sens! Really tough series.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta love Gallagher

No you don't!! The little shit should get a penalty on 80% of his shifts, yet somehow he gets none. He's a maggot. Throws the odd cheap shot, runs goalies and dives like a submarine. He's basically Brad Marchand; a piece of shit.

Helluva run for the Sens. Kinda bummed this did not go to 7. It really should have. Grats to Habs fans.

Seven games would have been fitting. If the ref didn't have a trigger whistle we probably would have seen it.

Congrats to the Habs fans

And a special thank you to the Senators for captivating us with an amazing run and having a fan base that was completely into it!

This was so much fun to watch. Already looking forward to next season after watching the youngest (least experienced) team in the league go on this epic run. The "Atlantic" Division should be a bloodbath next year.

Quite a run for the Sens! Really tough series.

Congrats buddy. The best player in the league this year sealed the deal for you guys. I hate most of your team but Price is a beauty.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with the quick whistle is that it was instant the moment the puck reached Price. No lag, no delay at all, and no time to even see if the puck was loose or not. I understand why it was blown dead, but that fact makes it that much harder to swallow. It's a horrible call, period. Having said that, Ottawa had plenty of chances to get it back, so good on the Habs for the series win.

Montreal has a long history of quick whistle Stanley Cup wins, they should hang a giant whistle up in the rafters next to their banners.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I teach young goalies is if you aren't 100% sure where the puck is after it hits you - don't move. 1) because you might knock it in by scrambling, and 2) if you look like you have it and the ref doesn't see it you might get the whistle.

Kind a jab in the gut for the Sens, and I actually felt sorry for the ref. He just stood there, looking at the puck in the net like he was saying to himself "Oh, fuck. I blew that one".

Why couldn't these four teams (sens/habs flames/nucks) be the final 4? Two best series by far. Congrats Habs, let's try and make it a Canadian final, eh?