• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Final - Vegas Golden Knights vs. Florida Panthers

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still running marathons? I tip my hat to you good sir, I've done a couple of 10Ks, but I fear I'm too old for 42K.
I am doing halfs. I have done 4 this year including the BMO and will do the Scotia this June. then all 10s for the rest of the year. in the morning I try to switch between short 5 km and medium 10Km with Boba and on Saturdays we do 15km.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am doing halfs. I have done 4 this year including the BMO and will do the Scotia this June. then all 10s for the rest of the year. in the morning I try to switch between short 5 km and medium 10Km with Boba and on Saturdays we do 15km.

Nice, didn’t know we had another runner. I usually run 2-3 times a week. I started as hockey cross training and I absolutely fell in love with it. I dig the vacation races near the cool national parks (Glacier, Zion, Redwoods)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, didn’t know we had another runner. I usually run 2-3 times a week. I started as hockey cross training and I absolutely fell in love with it. I dig the vacation races near the cool national parks (Glacier, Zion, Redwoods)
i started about 8-9 years ago when I was the real fatgoalie and ended up losing 70lbs .. I got into funeral and started working the morgue and stopped almost completely. I recently got back into it in November and have re-found the love for it. I do not worry about personal bests anymore and just look for the exercise and the enjoyment as when before my break of it I was hard core looking to smash every PB I could. now I have a modest goal in mind for every race and just feel better about it and not burnt out. BMO half was my 30th half so I was really happy. I think I am now signed up for a race amonth until October. 1 half and 4 x 10KMs ... I am working up the financial courage to run the maui half in january and want to experience some destination races. I did a 5KM in Nashville (so humid and hot) and a 5KM in Indianapolis (37C/98F which I will never do again lol). I think my favourite private run was Central Park where I meant to do 5KM got lost and ended up doing short of 15K lol. got to explore that park in detail :)

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i started about 8-9 years ago when I was the real fatgoalie and ended up losing 70lbs .. I got into funeral and started working the morgue and stopped almost completely. I recently got back into it in November and have re-found the love for it. I do not worry about personal bests anymore and just look for the exercise and the enjoyment as when before my break of it I was hard core looking to smash every PB I could. now I have a modest goal in mind for every race and just feel better about it and not burnt out. BMO half was my 30th half so I was really happy. I think I am now signed up for a race amonth until October. 1 half and 4 x 10KMs ... I am working up the financial courage to run the maui half in january and want to experience some destination races. I did a 5KM in Nashville (so humid and hot) and a 5KM in Indianapolis (37C/98F which I will never do again lol). I think my favourite private run was Central Park where I meant to do 5KM got lost and ended up doing short of 15K lol. got to explore that park in detail :)
That’s awesome. I agree on the not stressing over times. I also used to try and hit goals when I was younger. I turned 40 and my focus shifted to being in the moment and enjoying the run.

Mostly I’m grateful that my knees are holding out and I can still run, lol

I calm it my active meditation. I am a better person when I run regularly

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s awesome. I agree on the not stressing over times. I also used to try and hit goals when I was younger. I turned 40 and my focus shifted to being in the moment and enjoying the run.

Mostly I’m grateful that my knees are holding out and I can still run, lol

I calm it my active meditation. I am a better person when I run regularly

the first bolded part is so true...

my wife also says the second bolded part lol

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm still waiting to see if the Capitals will be involved

It's definitely an open question that needs to be resolved.

Hearing by the NHL's Committee for Playoff Qualification is going to be held on Thursday.

#FingersCrossed #DanBoyle

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers in 5

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is I hear much more frustration and anger in the above post than apathy.

I have been thinking about this comment for a couple days now (well not 24 hours a day but its been in my mellon)

as much as I get annoyed and hate on my team, I have only really came close to apathy for them and this game during the lockout seasons and labour disputes. they are an absolute stupid organization that have no clue on the way to win a cup and even when they come close the NHL will step in and affect the outcome. but I will always cheer and enjoy the game. it just seems the hardcore days are long long behind me

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahaha

This still won’t make me root for Vegas lol