• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford: keep or new QB?

Keep Stafford or find a new QB?

• Keep him.

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Lose him and find a new QB.

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is fine now guys. Lombardi is gone. The players are awesome. Now if only we could fire Austin?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense is fine now guys. Lombardi is gone. The players are awesome. Now if only we could fire Austin?

I don't blame Austin. He showed he knew what to do with talent. Right now he doesn't have much.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Austin. He showed he knew what to do with talent. Right now he doesn't have much.

But he's not the miracle worker some made him out to be either. Half this board was ready to make him HC in the middle of an 11-5 season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I was referencing us. You never stated Lions, just someone...

I like to think of the Hoop as an intimate gathering of friends whereas major marketed social media sites are like putting guns in the hands of the wrong people.

But I get your drift.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's not the miracle worker some made him out to be either. Half this board was ready to make him HC in the middle of an 11-5 season.

I know he's probably gone after this year, but I like him as DC. Not a miracle worker, but competent. Competent coordinators are hard to find.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's probably gone after this year, but I like him as DC. Not a miracle worker, but competent. Competent coordinators are hard to find.

27th ranked D and 31st rush D. I know we have shitty players, but last year was all about our D line, not so much his coaching. Maybe I'll be proved wrong if he winds up w the top D in another town, maybe Miami.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27th ranked D and 31st rush D. I know we have shitty players, but last year was all about our D line, not so much his coaching. Maybe I'll be proved wrong if he winds up w the top D in another town, maybe Miami.

I compare what he did the one year with Suh, with the four years Schwartz was running the show. It wasn't that Suh sucked the first four years.

And look at the talent on the offense. Lombardi did shit with it. But Tampa fucking Bay can put up 30 on Atlanta. What the fucking fuck?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He lost a lot more than just Suh.

You also admitted he knew how to utilize Suh. Suh was at his best under Austin. He wasn't a miracle worker, but took the same group of guys and coached them up to a top defense. You can hammer him all you want. He is the best DC Suh has had

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I compare what he did the one year with Suh, with the four years Schwartz was running the show. It wasn't that Suh sucked the first four years.

Wide 9 plus KVB made it impossible for the Lions to have a staunch run game, regardless of Suh's dominant play. KVB was a big mistake by both Schwartz and Mayhew, set us back quite a few years.

And look at the talent on the offense. Lombardi did shit with it. But Tampa fucking Bay can put up 30 on Atlanta. What the fucking fuck?

Tampa has a run game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost a lot more than just Suh.

No he didn't. You guys worship Levy, a guy whose never won a single award. George Johnson? You keep telling me how much Fairley sucked. So it can't be him. Mosley??

We got Tully back, got Jones back, added the mighty Ngata! Slay was worshipped around here, Ansah, both safeties are back.

The excuses are getting pathetic. First it was Lombardi, now it's injuries...

The reasons were posted before the season by me, Fog and Smitty. Few others. You picked them to win 10 games. Don't tell me now they lost more than Suh.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can only hope he ends up in Miami. I would love that as a fan.

The only addition to that front was G Johnson and Austin took the 16th ranked defense to the the #2 defense last season. That's coaching not just suddenly Suh Fairley and Mosley and Ziggy stepping up. We can twist it anyway we want. The stats show different from 2013 and 2014. Is Austin the only reason? Hell no. Him coaching up those guys was just as instrumental as the players performing his scheme.

Rob, coaching does make a difference. Look no farther than just changing the DC with the Dolphins this year. Defense looked way different. Suh was there before during and after that change. Those seven sacks Wake had were in the 3 games since. Not before the change.

I don't care that Mike speaks of it being against the Titans and Texans. That defense curb stomped those two teams and that is something you don't see every weekend. Don't care how bad teams are.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree coaching makes a difference. No argument.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tampa was also intelligent enough to retain their star DT. :-)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide 9 plus KVB made it impossible for the Lions to have a staunch run game, regardless of Suh's dominant play. KVB was a big mistake by both Schwartz and Mayhew, set us back quite a few years.

Exactly my point. We could end up with a 'DC with a scheme'. And all KVB did was go balls to the wall for the QB, run defense be damned. He needed a leash.

Tampa has a run game.

Detroit could have one with the right OC. I know it's an extreme example, but Shanahan could make a run game out of anything.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide 9 plus KVB made it impossible for the Lions to have a staunch run game, regardless of Suh's dominant play. KVB was a big mistake by both Schwartz and Mayhew, set us back quite a few years..

That wide nine you always revert to was actually good in 2013. Under 100 a game. 5th or 6th in the league. Getting rid of it cut another 30 yards a game off that avg.

The huge difference between the two seasons was taking over a TD given up away and 70-80 yards a game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit could have one with the right OC. I know it's an extreme example, but Shanahan could make a run game out of anything.

I think the window is closed on Calvin. He can win with an elite QB somewhere else, but he's done here. Hell, we might be a power run team next. Who knows. Half our O will be kaput.