• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: St. Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Willson back to his normal self: dropping anything that isn't an absolutely perfect throw.

Great win to get the #1 seed though. Tough out the Rams are, always.

Welcome to the site. :suds:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Willson back to his normal self: dropping anything that isn't an absolutely perfect throw.

Great win to get the #1 seed though. Tough out the Rams are, always.

Yeah, that was frustrating to watch, especially after the game he had last week....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought willson had turned the corner. I was wrong.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Willson improved this year, he is heading in the right direction so i wont get on him to much. I remember another TE out there that had hands of stone for a couple years and turned the corner.*cough cough* VD *cough cough*. Willson is still a young guy but he needs to work extremely hard the rest of the way and into the off season.

Speaking of young guys turning corners. Irvin is starting to be in the right places at the right time to make big plays every game almost( strip sacks and pick six's ) Boy have we seen some growth from him this year. If he continues to grow like this next season he will be a MONSTER.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we manage to snag the top seed from Dallas? They did beat us earlier in the season, after all?

Oh, man, I'm sure Cowboy trolls will be up in arms about this.

No reason for them to be up in arms. Head to head don't count when it's a 3 team tie. That's when conference records come into play and we have the best conference record over GB and Dallas.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
earlkarate.0.gif

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the best plays of the year! Statistically he's not on par with last year, but I would argue that Earl is playing at an even higher level this season and that's scary for opposing teams.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta love the fight from Cunningham there, but I have always wondered why this doesn't happen more often. Players expose the ball all the time stretching for TDs (just extra yards at times) and it doesn't usually hurt them. Rams probably score that drive if he just allows them to live another down and take the ball at the 1. Instead Seattle ball at the 20, and the Rams never seriously threaten again.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This answers some of our ST's questions regards to Walters returning punts Sunday...

Seattle Times said:
Seahawks receiver Bryan Walters has taken some heat this season for fair catching punt returns, but Sunday there was a perfectly legitimate explanation for why that was the case. The Rams had burned the Seahawks on special teams in their last game, and Carroll and his staff didn’t want to take any chances.

So they left their regular defense on the field instead of bringing on their special teams.
Walters had two returns for 7 yards and also had fair catches on two punts.

For the season, Walters is averaging 7.7 yards per return, with a long of 21 yards. “We were very wary of this team,” Carroll said. “They’re a great special-teams unit in terms of the tricks …We didn’t care about the yardage they gained or how far we kicked it. We just didn’t want them to have a factor in the game.”