• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron will further prove his dominance. I predict a few triple doubles for him and a 4-1 Heat victory. This is a no-brainer.

:lame:
Way to break down a series....wipe your chin if you're gonna continue with your NBA wisdom.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Spurs fan, I hope this overconfidence makes its way to the people actually playing the game.

Kind of like it did in 2011.

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Spurs fan, I hope this overconfidence makes its way to the people actually playing the game.

Which is why i 'm sticking with my SPURS in 6..and to beat them at home in game 6.:yahoo:

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So the die-hard Lakers fans want the Spurs to beat the Heat more than actual Spurs fans? That proves maybe die-hard Lakers fans should get a life. With this new guy Puig on the Dodgers L.A. is on the verge of becoming a baseball town again. When Lakers have to go through at least a 5 year rebuilding period, Jack may leave to go watch the Knicks again. Even L.A. is laughing at die-hard Lakers fans.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate for the heat to lose (well documented) but if they lost to either the Spurs or OKC I would find some solace in that.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Spurs matchup well against the Heat. They have interior size that can score. They are a very good perimeter shooting team. They have two players that can create from the perimeter and get to the rim. They are a tested veteran team with one of the best NBA coaches.
I guess I just don't see the mismatch between Spurs and Miami interior. I mean Spurs have good length but not anything spectacular for the NBA. Duncan is an offensive threat but Splitter is not and neither is Bonner if you keep him from getting open jumpshots.

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIFF are you drunk? come back when you have all the facts straight about the Lakers/Lebron/Heat fans. The Dodgers sux this year.

Lakers 5 years to rebuild?? are you stupid or again drunk?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the die-hard Lakers fans want the Spurs to beat the Heat more than actual Spurs fans? That proves maybe die-hard Lakers fans should get a life. With this new guy Puig on the Dodgers L.A. is on the verge of becoming a baseball town again. When Lakers have to go through at least a 5 year rebuilding period, Jack may leave to go watch the Knicks again. Even L.A. is laughing at die-hard Lakers fans.

Die-hard Lakers fan here. Don't care who wins. Only care about the Lakers winning and the Celtics losing. Enjoy watching good basketball though, and this should be a good series.

The rebuilding period could be very quick if Howard resigns and the Lakers can add a big name in the summer of 2014. The droughts for this franchise don't tend to be long.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just don't see the mismatch between Spurs and Miami interior. I mean Spurs have good length but not anything spectacular for the NBA. Duncan is an offensive threat but Splitter is not and neither is Bonner if you keep him from getting open jumpshots.

Duncan is better than anything Miami has inside. You may be right and I may be overrating this matchup for the Spurs. I thought Splitter could be effective on the glass against the smaller Miami interior. He hasn't really been gobbling up many rebounds so far this postseason though.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIFF are you drunk? come back when you have all the facts straight about the Lakers/Lebron/Heat fans. The Dodgers sux this year.

Lakers 5 years to rebuild?? are you stupid or again drunk?

All joking aside, you are already 3 years in rebuilding ( after the fact) now and you figure to take another step or 2 backwards if Howard leaves.

Sure, you can talk about having a ton of cap space next summer, but look closely at the list of FA players available. You can dream of James coming, but he isn't. So, who does that leave you with?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Laker fans now picking the Spurs.
Funny though, it's the same people who were picking their 7th seed, Kobeless team to beat the Spurs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench Ages

Allen 37
Battier 34
Andersen 34
Miller 34
Anthony 30
Cole 24

Ginobili 35
Bonner 33
Diaw 31
Neal 28
Blair 24
Joseph 21

The spurs are younger here as well.

I am not saying the Spurs are spring chickens.

But, Miami is one of the oldest teams in the league.

Yet, their age never gets brought up.

The Spurs core of their Big 3 are the oldest of the Heat's big 3. This is why everyone keeps referring to them as an "old" team. If the Spurs didn't have Duncan and Manu they'd be a middle-seeded team in the West that likely gets bounced out in the 2nd round. They still have Parker which is still good enough to get you 40+ wins in a season.

The Spurs do have an advantage on the inside. The one thing that bothers me is that everyone says to just bang with Miami down low......as great as Duncan is he doesn't possess the physicality that Hibbert and West possessed which gave them a clear cut advantage. Duncan is a great post and jump shooter, but he's not going to physically win this matchup - more by his skill if anything. Miami just needs to play great defense.

The Spurs also have another advantage in that Wade will have to guard Danny Green for this series since there's no one else he can guard other than Parker (who's just to quick to do a majority of the time). The guy constantly runs and could tire out Wade.

The last advantage the Spurs have is that they're one of the top 3-point shooting teams and Miami doesn't play the 3 well. They possess the ability to move the ball rather efficiently and can get Miami rotating.

On the flip side, the Spurs are not the most athletic team. When it comes to slow methodical teams they do extremely well....given their two sweeps against the Lakers and Grizzlies respectively. The one athletic "track team" they've played was a really close 6-game series with the Warriors. Miami will pose the same "athletic" problems that the aforementioned Warriors presented.

Mentioning Miami's struggles in rebounding is a moot point when bringing up Indiana. Indiana is the best rebounding team in the NBA AND statistically the best defensive team in the league. Outside of games 4 and 6, Miami actually kept the rebounding battle close and actually won it convincingly in game 7.

Again, I have not seen too many Spurs games this year. I know Splitter has improved tremendously since last season. Outside of that I just don't see a clear cut advantage. Tony Parker is as great a PG in the NBA right now, but Norris Cole did an amazing job on him in their last meeting (during the regular season). Lebron is the advantage for the Heat, but it will be interesting to see how Popovich engineers a base defense to counter Lebron....which has yet to be done in this playoffs. This isn't 2007.

Prediction: Too close to call, it's going 6 or 7 either way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench Ages

Allen 37
Battier 34
Andersen 34
Miller 34
Anthony 30
Cole 24

Ginobili 35
Bonner 33
Diaw 31
Neal 28
Blair 24
Joseph 21

The spurs are younger here as well.

I am not saying the Spurs are spring chickens.

But, Miami is one of the oldest teams in the league.

Yet, their age never gets brought up.

Maybe it has something to do with their best players all being 31 or younger? Ever thought about that one? Aren't 2 of the Spurs best 3 players over 35? And honestly I haven't heard the age thing get brought up yet and doubt it ever will

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Heat were overconfident. Dallas was the better team and they won.

Were the Spurs over confident when they got upset by the 8th seeded Grizzlies and 7th seeded Mavs a few years ago? Not everytime the favorites loses it is because they were overconfident