• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I slept on it last night and I have Miami in 6

In my perfect world this is how it will go

Miami hold serve in the first 2 home games, lose game 3, win a tight game G4, Spurs win by double digits in G5, and Miami close them out in Miami in G6

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STARTING LINEUP

Duncan 37
Splitter 28
Leonard 21
Green 25
Parker 31
avg age= 28.4

Haslem 33
Bosh 29
James 28
Wade 31
Chalmers 27
avg age= 29.6

I just hope we don't get the same tired "OLD SPURS" cannot play with the "YOUNG HEAT" argument.

Miami will beat San Antonio if they are better.
Miami will not beat San Antonio because they are younger.

Both teams are a good blend of youth and experience.
But, everyone just assumes Robert Horry, Mike Finley, and Bruce Bowen still play.

It is a pet peeve of mine, nobody pays attention to the new look Spurs.

The Spurs are older. Average age doesnt mean a ton. You rely most heavily on your 37 and 31 year old...and the 35 year old (soon to be 36) manu. Miami relies heavily on a 28, 31, 29 year old. We can play the average game all you want.. but we both know this series is coming down to Parker/Duncan/Manu possible Splitter vs Miami Big 3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Horns don't get offended when ppl pick Miami this series. It has nothing to do with a dislike of the Spurs as you seem to think it is. Some ppl may just think Miami is the better team.

Not too crazy of an idea right?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree.

The Spurs don't rely on anyone. They use their stars to take over in certain tighter situations, but the team is designed to flow with a big roster of dept.

They are a deep team that uses a system more than star players.
I watched all 82 games.
No other team uses the "next man up" system methodology.

The Heat use the superstar method.
The Spurs use the depth method.

The Big 3 serve the purpose of taking over when things lag a bit.
Ideally, the Spurs work best when they get the typical 5 or 6 guys in double figure.

On any given night Green, Neal, Splitter, Leonard, Bonner, Diaw, and Neal can go off for 15+ points.

Miami does not have 10 legitimate guys who can score 15.
But, they have 3 guys who can score 45+, so it balances out.

They are the EXACT OPPOSITE of Miami in that regard.
San Antonio relies on its depth more than any other team.

So average age does in fact matter for the SPURS at least.

And lets not even bring up the benches age. The Heat fare even worse there.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop was taking notes for sure. Tim Duncan will be active in the post and Tony Parker is playing like the best PG in the league right now. I find the rust thing hard to believe because they have to be at least practicing during all this time. It's not like they can't pick up a basketball.

No amount if practice can keep a team in game shape.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No amount if practice can keep a team in game shape.

It's been like what, 10 days since their last game? How will they ever remember how it feels to be in a game. They only won 4 titles.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker is the key to the Spurs. If the Heat concentrates their defense on him, it wouldn't be difficult for the Spurs to win. The Heat can play the role of the Pacers this time... they have the edge of disrupting the Spurs offense. Limiting the Spurs role players will be important to. The winner will go to the team that executes the best. The Heat won't face the same problem of physicality but this time the Heat has to match the Spurs offense with efficient offense. Coaching will be key too. It will be difficult to beat the Spurs in their building and the Spurs won't get as rattled as the Pacers on the road.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Grade Analysis
A+
That's how you do it. That's how you close a series in a Game 7 on you home floor against a team you're supposed to be better than.

The Pacers gave the Heat everything they wanted, but in the end, the aggressiveness of Miami's smothering defense and a brief awakening by Dwyane Wade was enough for the Heat to cruise to a third straight Finals appearance.

Miami played their style and really, sunglasses, turned up the heat. (YEEEAAAH!) The Pacers couldn't find any kind of rhythm and were just overwhelmed by the early intensity of the moment.

The Heat are where they're supposed to be. This is a team that can still establish itself as one of the greatest ever. A loss in this Game 7 and the world is crashing down and silly statements are getting made, especially about LeBron. But they're back in the Finals, which is all the goal ever was.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree.

The Spurs don't rely on anyone. They use their stars to take over in certain tighter situations, but the team is designed to flow with a big roster of dept.

They are a deep team that uses a system more than star players.
I watched all 82 games.
No other team uses the "next man up" system methodology.

The Heat use the superstar method.
The Spurs use the depth method.

The Big 3 serve the purpose of taking over when things lag a bit.
Ideally, the Spurs work best when they get the typical 5 or 6 guys in double figure.

On any given night Green, Neal, Splitter, Leonard, Bonner, Diaw, and Neal can go off for 15+ points.

Miami does not have 10 legitimate guys who can score 15.
But, they have 3 guys who can score 45+, so it balances out.

They are the EXACT OPPOSITE of Miami in that regard.
San Antonio relies on its depth more than any other team.

So average age does in fact matter for the SPURS at least.

And lets not even bring up the benches age. The Heat fare even worse there.

Yes we do but I'll still take Ray Allen over Gary Neal in the NBA finals....Wouldn't you?

Your best bench player is Manu who is 35 right?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench Ages

Allen 37
Battier 34
Andersen 34
Miller 34
Anthony 30
Cole 24

Ginobili 35
Bonner 33
Diaw 31
Neal 28
Blair 24
Joseph 21

The spurs are younger here as well.

I am not saying the Spurs are spring chickens.

But, Miami is one of the oldest teams in the league.

Yet, their age never gets brought up.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winner of this finals match-up still means only 8 different franchises will have won a title in the last 30yrs.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we do but I'll still take Ray Allen over Gary Neal in the NBA finals....Wouldn't you?

Your best bench player is Manu who is 35 right?

Leave Gary Neal open then lol. Combined with his better passing and floaters sure I'd take him over Ray Ray.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep getting that gut feeling that the Spurs matchup up really poorly with the Heat and are going to get swept. I blame Game of Thrones for making me hate the cruel frontrunner

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking this will be the first time the Spurs have been the underdog in the NBA Finals. They were certainly the favorites against the 8-seeded Knicks and favored over the Nets. They had homecourt and were slight favorites against the defending champion Pistons. And, of course in 07, even though all the hype was LeBron-related, they were favorites over Cleveland.

This will also be the first time they have not had homecourt in the Finals.

Of course, if we could replace Stern with Bud Selig, we could get that changed.

After all, the West won the All Star Game and everyone knows that is much more important than a 66-win regular season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep getting that gut feeling that the Spurs matchup up really poorly with the Heat and are going to get swept. I blame Game of Thrones for making me hate the cruel frontrunner

I think the Spurs matchup well against the Heat. They have interior size that can score. They are a very good perimeter shooting team. They have two players that can create from the perimeter and get to the rim. They are a tested veteran team with one of the best NBA coaches.

I'm interested to see how Leonard does guarding Lebron (I assume Leonard gets the lion's share of that difficult task). Leonard has good length at 6'7" (lengthy wingspan) but isn't nearly as strong as Lebron.