• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't say that around Husky fans. They are rejoicing now with favorite wine.

I'm a Husky fan and I wanted Gonzaga to win. I think that if you asked most Husky fans, they'd probably say the same thing. Just because most of us don't like Wazzu doesn't mean that we can't appreciate the accomplishments of the other schools in the state. If the Dawgs had a rivalry of any kind with those teams it'd probably be different, but they don't.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ughh can we leave the UW gonzaga crap to the college boards.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Husky fan and I wanted Gonzaga to win. I think that if you asked most Husky fans, they'd probably say the same thing. Just because most of us don't like Wazzu doesn't mean that we can't appreciate the accomplishments of the other schools in the state. If the Dawgs had a rivalry of any kind with those teams it'd probably be different, but they don't.

Hmm, not sure what kind of Husky fan you are if you believe that last sentence. But I guess as Wazzu said that can stay on a college board.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies fans follow basketball? Who knew?

LOL... The program went into the tank the moment they said they wouldn't play the Zag's anymore... The Curse of the Zagbambimo...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino is batting .333 (15 for 45) with 7 HR's so far in Spring Training... Dude is on fire... He's going to be the glue for this team for years to come...

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson Canos cousin is in camp and his name is Burt Reynolds? Lol, classic

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha... Even better... :D

2 for 3 today with a HR and a double... Gotta love it...

If he can hit 20 plus HR's this year with an avg of at least .260, that would be a huge boost...

IMO that is a lot to ask or expect from him. Generally younger players (outside of the greats) have to sacrifice power numbers for a higher BA. If others live up their roles on the team .215 with 23-27 bombs should suffice.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, wazzu.

and i agree completely about him being a glue for the team. our pitching staff is wild about him, and it's pretty amazing how well he can handle the crazy movement that felix, kuma, and paxton get on their pitches.

just a wonderful, mature kid. and freakishly strong if you go by what a lot of people around the organization say.

i keep saying it, but he only recently broke 1000 professional plate appearances. his catching ability and home run power already make him a great addition to the team. i'd ask fans to be patient for another season regarding his ability to handle major league off speed stuff.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO that is a lot to ask or expect from him. Generally younger players (outside of the greats) have to sacrifice power numbers for a higher BA. If others live up their roles on the team .215 with 23-27 bombs should suffice.

He doesn't have to sacrifice his power numbers. He just has to cut down on the strikeouts and turn some of those K's into hits.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino,,, like other m's can't miss prospects were probably rushed too fast to the bigs, and then had the pressure to save the pathetic offense.

Hopefully the fact that Zunino can bad 7th or 8th in this lineup relieves the pressure on him. If he can hit another 20 plus bombs and increase his BA by 20 or 30 points. Along with his great D I think we have a winner.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to correct you, but he is 17 for 48 .354 :nod:

Sortable Player Stats | Mariners.com: Stats
Come on now, Zona. You don't really 'hate' to correct him.

(If I'm wrong, you can............correct me......unless you hate to.......or not. Or, you can happily correct me. Or, you can hatefully agree with me. Or....what other options are there....)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, Zona. You don't really 'hate' to correct him.

(If I'm wrong, you can............correct me......unless you hate to.......or not. Or, you can happily correct me. Or, you can hatefully agree with me. Or....what other options are there....)

I was going to correct you, but I got lost somewhere in the middle so I may actually be agreeing with you unless I am not then I would have to go back to my original premise which I currently can't remember what that was.

Good chat.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprises here really.

Walker and Olson. :)

“Obviously it feels good,” Walker said. “But now it pretty much starts all over again. I’m still competing, because Elias is going to be down there waiting for his turn to come up the moment I slack off. I just have to make sure I stay focused.”

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah at this point there wasn't much question about it. I feel fairly confident with both of those guys to start the season.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino,,, like other m's can't miss prospects were probably rushed too fast to the bigs, and then had the pressure to save the pathetic offense.

Hopefully the fact that Zunino can bad 7th or 8th in this lineup relieves the pressure on him. If he can hit another 20 plus bombs and increase his BA by 20 or 30 points. Along with his great D I think we have a winner.

I think that is what every Mariners fan would want, but do you see Buster Posey in him? I think Zunino is great an all and I love what he brings to the team but I just don't see a HOF all around offensive game out of him. I personally love exactly what he brings and is to the team. To me, in a way he is like Russell Wilson, a young leader with some numbers that will wow you and the other numbers that are eh but because of the other intangibles it makes him valuable to your team. With a team that's bottom of the order is put together based on perceived .OBP it is nice having a 3 run HR threat as opposed to the threat of station to station from 1-2 and 6-9 in the order IMO.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is what every Mariners fan would want, but do you see Buster Posey in him? I think Zunino is great an all and I love what he brings to the team but I just don't see a HOF all around offensive game out of him. I personally love exactly what he brings and is to the team. To me, in a way he is like Russell Wilson, a young leader with some numbers that will wow you and the other numbers that are eh but because of the other intangibles it makes him valuable to your team. With a team that's bottom of the order is put together based on perceived .OBP it is nice having a 3 run HR threat as opposed to the threat of station to station from 1-2 and 6-9 in the order IMO.

Well Buster Posey is the best hitting catcher in the game right now. I dont know if Zunino will ever get to .300 let alone .315 or whatever poseys got to.

I just want his power and .250

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm looking more at his OPS+ than his BA for the next season or so.

but that's just me.