• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped by Peoria with the wife and grandson and watched a little BP. Nothing real earth shattering since it is still early and not everyone has reported. We came within a couple of people of getting a picture of Felix and our grandson, but he had to go. He signed a lot before it was our turn so it was understandable.

Saw the new Montero live and in person. It is just amazing. He looked quick on his feet at 1B for him. He won't be confused with Olerud, but much better than last year where I said there was no way he could play there at the MLB level. Also, I mentioned a few times how he hit with his hands last year (due to his size in my opinion) but today he was straight up and down and striding into the pitches. Night and day difference in style.

Miller looks like a hipster with his long hair...lol.

I didn't see Cano or Ackley unless Ack shaved the beard and I didn't recognize him.

Seager was there taking part.

Didn't see Weeks either.

It looked like Miller, Taylor, and what looked like Marte taking balls at SS.

There was a big (bigger than Montero) Latin player taking balls at 1B that I didn't recognize.

There was also a Latin player shagging balls in RF that was short and stocky. Someone thought it was Morban but he is listed at 6'1" and this guy was shorter than me and I am 6'.

Didn't see Cruz.

Like I said, nothing too exciting. I will try and go back next weekend.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I will do my best. I hope you get here soon to give some of your own updates. Would love to hear your take on things.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I will do my best. I hope you get here soon to give some of your own updates. Would love to hear your take on things.
I live out in Gilbert, and have a few of the east side games circled as I usually do. Good time of year, but this year it's feeling great!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live out in Gilbert, and have a few of the east side games circled as I usually do. Good time of year, but this year it's feeling great!!

You freakin Gilbert people.....just kidding. I know we are going to the M's at Cubs but I think that is our only east side game. Should be fun. Enjoy.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a big (bigger than Montero) Latin player taking balls at 1B that I didn't recognize.

I think that guy was Jordy Lara after looking through the rosters. Big kid.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you at the games need to wear a t shirt with your SportsHoopla username in big letters so those of us trapped in WA can see you and wave.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You freakin Gilbert people.....just kidding. I know we are going to the M's at Cubs but I think that is our only east side game. Should be fun. Enjoy.
That's one of the games I am hoping to get to as well, but if you are able to get to the Rockies or Dbacks game I would recommend if you've never been. Their stadium next to Talking Stick is my favorite, really nice!

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you at the games need to wear a t shirt with your SportsHoopla username in big letters so those of us trapped in WA can see you and wave.
Cezero, I always enjoy your input and all, but this isn't your finest moment :L

:suds:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being goofy.

It's how I deal with my jealousy.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again and good stuff as always. Nice to hear about the Montero changes from a different perspective.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of the games I am hoping to get to as well, but if you are able to get to the Rockies or Dbacks game I would recommend if you've never been. Their stadium next to Talking Stick is my favorite, really nice!

Been to DBacks several times. Is one of the nicer stadiums no doubt. I also like Indians/Reds because it is like you walk in and are at the top of the stadium and you walk down to whatever seats you have. Just kind of cool.

Looking forward to Cubs. Hard getting tickets to that stadium, but we finally did and will be going.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Johns ‏@GregJohnsMLB 12m12 minutes ago

Zduriencik says James Paxton hurt both wrists when fell doing agility drills last week, which is why he hasn't thrown bullpen yet.

--------------------

Glad we have pitching depth.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anybody listen the the seattle sports guys on 710 in the morning?

i get brock and salk or whatever his name is on the way to work every day for about 20 mins, and I would swear they're new to baseball listening to them. every damn day, one of them keeps saying the m's were one win away from the playoffs. and the things they say about expectations for the team in 2015 are downright ludicrous. they always fall back on moronic football analogies.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, too much B.S. for me to listen to. They can stick to football as far as I am concerned...but I still won't listen to them.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anybody listen the the seattle sports guys on 710 in the morning?

i get brock and salk or whatever his name is on the way to work every day for about 20 mins, and I would swear they're new to baseball listening to them. every damn day, one of them keeps saying the m's were one win away from the playoffs. and the things they say about expectations for the team in 2015 are downright ludicrous. they always fall back on moronic football analogies.

Brock Huard comes from a family of NFL second string QBs. He is the equivalent of Matt Hasselbeck's brother. I think his brother Damon Huard might have had a nice stretch of about 5 games with the KC Chiefs several years ago, but Brock is a nobody. Salk is a clueless dumbass and Brock is a blowhard talking head dumbass. And for the record, they don't know much about basketball either. Nor hockey. Nor MMA, golf, hunting, fishing, tennis. They are a one trick pony, the Russell Brandon of sports talkers.

Of course they are still better than mike and mike who only want to tlak about the social issues in sports.

Anyway, I like Mitch in the morning on KJR. He mixes in alot of bullsit about his personal life which gets tedious at times, but when he talks sports, it usually pretty good stuff.