• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training thread!

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured we have an offseason thread might as well have a Spring Training thread as well. I know I'm ready for some baseball!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny. You should get in on the fantasy leagues.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo I would but I am a terrible fantasy baseball player. I start off strong the first month but then usually get tired of checking the lineup everyday and quit by the all star break.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kenny ... was checking out the rest of SportsHoopla MLB team loyalty here ... and you I think did an excellent job along with some others bringing over quite a few of us from the old board to here. Amazing that with as much as this program has that more team posters haven't found this spot out. Sure keeps out the trolls though.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny ... was checking out the rest of SportsHoopla MLB team loyalty here ... and you I think did an excellent job along with some others bringing over quite a few of us from the old board to here. Amazing that with as much as this program has that more team posters haven't found this spot out. Sure keeps out the trolls though.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm just glad the trolls didn't follow us over here when I started posting about this site. There are a few Rangers boards(newbergreport, lonestarball, BBTIA) that have us Rangers fans spread out. I try to keep up with all 3 of them but am most loyal to Newberg because I've been posting there so long. Hopefully this board will continue to grow and we'll add more fans as people hear about this site.

I didn't let any of the other boards know about this site because they're all good places to post unlike the ESPN board.

If there are others at the ESPN board that should be here then we should pm them to let them know.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo I would but I am a terrible fantasy baseball player. I start off strong the first month but then usually get tired of checking the lineup everyday and quit by the all star break.

Since I'm in the league, you should DEFINITELY play. I will need someone to keep me company down in Oakland territory.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Yeah, I'm just glad the trolls didn't follow us over here when I started posting about this site. There are a few Rangers boards(newbergreport, lonestarball, BBTIA) that have us Rangers fans spread out. I try to keep up with all 3 of them but am most loyal to Newberg because I've been posting there so long. Hopefully this board will continue to grow and we'll add more fans as people hear about this site.

I didn't let any of the other boards know about this site because they're all good places to post unlike the ESPN board.

If there are others at the ESPN board that should be here then we should pm them to let them know.

I've tried to get some of the ESPN guys over, but you know them. The ones we want are all sticks in the mud that refuse to change. Somehow it is easier to put up with the garbage that is the robust board than it is to click a different link. I think TB and Pday would get along well with some of the old farts on the SportsHoopla general board, oh well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about this board is Kenny can nip any trolls in the ass quick on this board.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about this board is Kenny can nip any trolls in the ass quick on this board.

trolls yes. Inflammatory a-holes that like to just start crap like Larry, not as clear cut. Granted he can ban anyone he wants, but someone who posts real Ranger stuff but is a jerk is a tough ban. That is how situations like what happened on the main board last week get started (champy/vee/AIF bans).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the guy who was a Yankees fan and pretended to be a Rengers fan just to be a trolling douche.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's somebody that feel is a troll just send me a pm and I'll check them out. I get IP address so I can see where they are posting from. I forget who but there was a guy posting from the LAAAAAA area that I called out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord am I ready for baseball. When I drive to work all I'm hearing is crap about Peyton and Jeremy Lin.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've tried to get some of the ESPN guys over, but you know them. The ones we want are all sticks in the mud that refuse to change. Somehow it is easier to put up with the garbage that is the robust board than it is to click a different link. I think TB and Pday would get along well with some of the old farts on the SportsHoopla general board, oh well.

Have tried to get TB over ... will work on PDay. Jeremy is still there too. Know there were some less productive times involving them and some here ... but they are TEX fans and added to the thought process of the forum.

I am so ready for baseball. Living outside the metroplex I'll be bummed like last ST if TXA21 games aren't picked up by Direct TV.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cat is apparently in the running for the Fan Cave and is the last standing Rangers fan. Let's give him some love with our votes:

MLBFanCave.com - MLB Fan Cave Voting 2012 | MLB.com: Fan Cave

He's Brian Boyton if you scroll down.

voted

we should put that in its own thread, sticky it, and everyone vote everyday for him. You don't have to register (or if you do then I must be already be logged in and I don't think I am)

edit: you only have to refresh the page and you can vote again. Well now, there is a script just waiting to be written!

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And contraian opinions.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So is anybody planning on going to Surprise this year? The wife and I went last year, and it's worth every penny. Got to stroll right up to JD my first afternoon there to shake his hand and get a picture. He was just standing by the concession area watching the game and texting someone. I walked up and told him congrats on a great year and he was as nice as can be. That's where the avatar pic came from. It's really just such an awesome experience. We're gonna go back this year and stay for a few days. Catch the double header on the 22nd of March. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow we get to see Yu pitch. Can't wait!

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not officially Spring Training eve!!!