• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Ball - Day 2

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jumping ship on Green? I think Green is going to be a hell of a good QB, I hope Green gets the starting job. I believe defenses will respect Green alot more then they do Lee simply because Green is a big body QB that can run. I hope Green will do much like or better then Robert Griffen III at Baylor in his freshmen year. But Wats wants to throw more so we will see should be interesting.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is a track stud, that almost made the olympic team, he could run circles around Green...and almost anybody else for that matter.

I also think he will be a good QB, but not in the Griffin mold, that is just not even conceivable.

Personally he kinda reminds me of Culpepper while he was at UCF, although we haven't seen his arm, and Culpepper had a friggin cannon. I base my opinion completely off the VERY LITTLE we saw of him last season, and his college clips.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
see, i think he could be great now, with a good spring and summer.. we should have won and lost with him last season, I really think we wouldn't have done worse... but then again, I'm not the coach and don't know anything and shouldn't speculate at all.....

You don't remember how poorly Green looked against OU? We most certainly would've lost that game with Green, so yes we would've done worse.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Griffin is a track stud, that almost made the olympic team, he could run circles around Green...and almost anybody else for that matter.

I also think he will be a good QB, but not in the Griffin mold, that is just not even conceivable.

Personally he kinda reminds me of Culpepper while he was at UCF, although we haven't seen his arm, and Culpepper had a friggin cannon. I base my opinion completely off the VERY LITTLE we saw of him last season, and his college clips.

If we had Griffin instead of Green, I would not have any complaints about potential because he is a way better QB than Green.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a better QUARTERBACK then Green...that is yet to be seen. He is surely one of the most dynamic players in the big 12...if not the country...but he still has plenty of time to prove his worth as a QUARTERBACK....as does Green.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't remember how poorly Green looked against OU? We most certainly would've lost that game with Green, so yes we would've done worse.

Yes Green looked so terrible when he attempted like 1 pass and was told to do QB sneaks 4 plays in a row.. He really had a chance to show his stuff there.. Especially with the O-line penalties and running on 3rd and 15 on like the 5 yard line... He definitely should have scored 100 points there...

Also prepare to eat crow, Green's gonna be a good one when he gets the game down.

PS. We would not have lost to Iowa State if Cody started... and my point was that if he started all season, I don't think we would have done worse.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes Green looked so terrible when he attempted like 1 pass and was told to do QB sneaks 4 plays in a row.. He really had a chance to show his stuff there.. Especially with the O-line penalties and running on 3rd and 15 on like the 5 yard line... He definitely should have scored 100 points there...

Also prepare to eat crow, Green's gonna be a good one when he gets the game down.

PS. We would not have lost to Iowa State if Cody started... and my point was that if he started all season, I don't think we would have done worse.

I'll eat many crow pies if he does succeed at Nebraska at the QB position.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super pumped about Brion Carnes tho, I think the future of Nebraska football is looking very bright.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super pumped about Brion Carnes tho, I think the future of Nebraska football is looking very bright.

I am too, he looks good on film, but I'm not sure if he'll get a chance.. The competitions gonna be pretty intense, Jamal Turner will be coming in January so Carnes will only have an extra semester on him.

That said, I don't doubt that Carnes can beat out Green and Turner, I'm just excited about the competition for QB that's coming up, and the depth that's building

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah the competition is going to be intense at QB RB(even if we dont land Green) the Oline is adding alot of depth as well so the competition is going to be high there. Nebraska football is back.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true 52 - I see a potential gap for kicker next year though - I may see it as more of an important position than others, but over the past several seasons it was our kickers that have won the close games for us; I hope they find another guy like Henery...

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally I do not feel Watson had a hard on for anyone but Zac last year and really didn't do anything to develop anyone else on the team but the starters. They play calling stayed the exact same no matter who was in and very predictable.
Zac did throw poorly all season and the receivers gave up on him and showed it. Now either Zac did not know all the plays like he claimed or the receivers didn't know the play book cause there were times the receivers broke one way and Zac threw the other. Zac didn't look very good in the OOC games and only had one game that he looked good in and that was the bowl game. Zac didn't handle coaches getting in his face and the KU game was a good example of that.
IF Zac wins and truely is in a QB comp and truely wins it and does well fine I will support him. But right now both Zac and Watson are on a very short leash in my book. If Zac plays like he did most of last season for the 1st couple games (providing he is the QB) then I want him pulled period for the rest of the season and bring someone else in. I personally think that if any QB would have had the same die hard support they gave Zac last year we would have been 2 wins or more better, even if we were not much better offensively. IF Watson does not show player development at least three deep this year he needs to go at the end of the season cause he will have shown that he will only have a year maybe two out of every four years that we might be any good and that is unacceptable. I hope that what we saw in the bowl game is what we see this year on O. Green I believe is a better Talent than Zac but he was a True Frosh and with the way they did things last year he should have been red shirted.

Things were too much like Colorado with the QB for them being the coaches son and the coach not wanting to pull his son. Watson treated Zac like he was the coaches son instead of developing everyone and calling games to what the players could do. If a coach cannot evaluate talent any better than what he seemed to show last year then he is no good and not what we need.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
iruletheskool
I agree with you. We lost games because of Zac last year. I know that because we lost to Ia St. teams in the Big 10 all thought they could stomp us. So did K State. Our O was sooo bad last year most fans from other teams didn't remember that there are other parts of the game. And in those parts of the game we were pretty good. Kicking-We where better than most (and thanks to a walk-on, that the former joke of a coach would not have even try out for the team), Special teams- about as good as most of our comp., and saving the very best for last our D was one of the best in the country. But the only thing that a lot of other teams fans looked at was how bad Zac and our offense was.
This is a new year and I hope that Watson learned what to do.
I do wish Zac the best but he is on a very short leash.
I hope that Green is a real competitor and went and really worked hard and improved to show Watson he is the man.
Or that we happen onto one of those rare Frosh QB's that can step in and play.

Based on what I saw TX do in the NC game they could be tough this year.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is awesome almost every year, as is Oklahoma. But we are closing the gap, and are a legit contender again, they should be getting scared down south :)