• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla top 25 week 8 discussion thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, Ohio State is likely the 3rd best team in the nation, if not the 2nd. Thankfully they get to face off with #2 this weekend. If they go out and get boatraced by Penn State, I'll take my medicine. I don't think they will though.

But you can't wait until they prove it? They've literally beaten nobody and they lost badly at home to the only good team they've played. Give em a bump if they beat PSU, but premature ejaculation is never a good look.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, Ohio State is likely the 3rd best team in the nation, if not the 2nd. Thankfully they get to face off with #2 this weekend. If they go out and get boatraced by Penn State, I'll take my medicine. I don't think they will though.

Maybe ... but you lost a game. You have to respect those P5 teams that have not lost and they have all played respectable teams along the way ... for the record Clemson could say the same things.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ain't buying into the undefeated teams of Penn State, TCU and Wisconsin. At least not yet. I'll admit they are good teams, but not up to the hype...yet. All have looked pretty dominant but....

Penn State - Michigan got way too much love for beating Florida. That ain't lookin' too good right now. In turn, Penn State is getting way too much love for beating Michigan. Who else have they beaten? Iowa?

TCU - Way too much love for the Okie Lite win. Who else have they beaten? Couch burners? And who trusts Kenny Hill?

Wisconsin - Not just who "else" have they beaten...but WHO have they beaten?

Penn State and TCU have chances to prove me wrong in the next few weeks. Wisconsin may not get to at all!

Okay, now you can tell me I'm full of shit and too critical.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe ... but you lost a game. You have to respect those P5 teams that have not lost and they have all played respectable teams along the way ... for the record Clemson could say the same things.
No I don't. Miami is a fraud. I don't by any means believe they're one of the top teams in the nation just because they've barely escaped against bad teams.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ain't buying into the undefeated teams of Penn State, TCU and Wisconsin. At least not yet. I'll admit they are good teams, but not up to the hype...yet. All have looked pretty dominant but....

Penn State - Michigan got way too much love for beating Florida. That ain't lookin' too good right now. In turn, Penn State is getting way too much love for beating Michigan. Who else have they beaten? Iowa?

TCU - Way too much love for the Okie Lite win. Who else have they beaten? Couch burners? And who trusts Kenny Hill?

Wisconsin - Not just who "else" have they beaten...but WHO have they beaten?

Penn State and TCU have chances to prove me wrong in the next few weeks. Wisconsin may not get to at all!

Okay, now you can tell me I'm full of shit and too critical.

Bad time to be badmouthing Wisconsin when Illinois is up next for them. Our SOS is going to take a big hit.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad time to be badmouthing Wisconsin when Illinois is up next for them. Our SOS is going to take a big hit.
Haven't looked Wisky's SOS up but I can't imagine it getting worse...even with Illinois. Hell, TCU's SOS will drop since they played Kansas yesterday.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can't wait until they prove it? They've literally beaten nobody and they lost badly at home to the only good team they've played. Give em a bump if they beat PSU, but premature ejaculation is never a good look.
They laid an egg against Oklahoma, I'll admit. However, they've not only won every game since then, but they've absolutely dominated everyone. Given the amount of parity in college football this year, it's impressive that they haven't even come close to slipping up. Their closest win since then has been 31 points in a game that could've been much worse if they didn't have the backups in to start the second half. People don't have to agree, I don't really care. They're showing shades of 2014 in how the offense is clicking. Like I said, if they get smoked by PSU I'll drop them hard. Right now though, I think they're one of the top teams in the country. From a talent perspective, it's damn near impossible to disagree.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They laid an egg against Oklahoma, I'll admit. However, they've not only won every game since then, but they've absolutely dominated everyone. Given the amount of parity in college football this year, it's impressive that they haven't even come close to slipping up. Their closest win since then has been 31 points in a game that could've been much worse if they didn't have the backups in to start the second half. People don't have to agree, I don't really care. They're showing shades of 2014 in how the offense is clicking. Like I said, if they get smoked by PSU I'll drop them hard. Right now though, I think they're one of the top teams in the country. From a talent perspective, it's damn near impossible to disagree.
This part I'll agree with. Saban's right, the hype is rat poison for 18-23 year olds. Keeping them from going out and farting around against lesser opponents is difficult. Meyer's done a good job keeping their noses to the grindstone IMO.

However, that offense clicking part is against Army, UNLV, Rutgers, Maryland and the Corn Aggies. That list doesn't sell me on the offense yet. To an extent, tOSU schedule would look Wisconsin like if it weren't for OU. Army is the only one with a winning record and one of those wins is against my lowly Miners! The rest of those teams haven't beaten anyone of note. JT Barrett is like Kenny Hill to me...just can't trust 'em much against better competition. I hope he proves me wrong since he's a Wichita Falls boy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part I'll agree with. Saban's right, the hype is rat poison for 18-23 year olds. Keeping them from going out and farting around against lesser opponents is difficult. Meyer's done a good job keeping their noses to the grindstone IMO.

However, that offense clicking part is against Army, UNLV, Rutgers, Maryland and the Corn Aggies. That list doesn't sell me on the offense yet. To an extent, tOSU schedule would look Wisconsin like if it weren't for OU. Army is the only one with a winning record and one of those wins is against my lowly Miners! The rest of those teams haven't beaten anyone of note. JT Barrett is like Kenny Hill to me...just can't trust 'em much against better competition. I hope he proves me wrong since he's a Wichita Falls boy.
It would look similar to Wisconsin, but unlike Wisconsin, we've been destroying everyone else. Indiana is also a top 25 defense and we put 49 points up on them (would've been 56 if not for one of the worst TD drops of the season). Despite the awful game against Oklahoma, we're top 10 on both offense and defense. We have the highest scoring offense in the country on a per game basis at 47.3 ppg.

Also, if you're a computers guy, OSU is undoubtedly one of the top 4 teams in the nation. I know @ericd7633 is normally one except for right now when it favors Ohio State.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the highest scoring offense in the country on a per game basis at 47.3 ppg.
I understand those stats. And those stats don't take into account who it has been against. j/s

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Talent wise, they're a top 2 team, but results wise, they're not top 5 yet, and really have no argument to be unless they beat Penn State.

I actually have Ohio State winning out and making the playoffs, but at this point, ranking them 4th is a bit ridiculous.

I mean is it really impressive that Georgia has been blowing out bunch of mediocre to bad teams?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean is it really impressive that Georgia has been blowing out bunch of mediocre to bad teams?
Great question. IMO the non blowout win against ND is better than any of the blowout wins.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great question. IMO the non blowout win against ND is better than any of the blowout wins.

Without a doubt. Mississippi State isn't a bad team, they'll probably win around 8 games, but they're not as good as people thought they were before we played them. They're by far our second best win though.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would look similar to Wisconsin, but unlike Wisconsin, we've been destroying everyone else. Indiana is also a top 25 defense and we put 49 points up on them (would've been 56 if not for one of the worst TD drops of the season). Despite the awful game against Oklahoma, we're top 10 on both offense and defense. We have the highest scoring offense in the country on a per game basis at 47.3 ppg.

Also, if you're a computers guy, OSU is undoubtedly one of the top 4 teams in the nation. I know @ericd7633 is normally one except for right now when it favors Ohio State.

What games have you seen where Wisconsin did not "destroy" our opponent? Was it the one where we outgained them 490 to 220? The one where we ran 18 runs in a row to score three touchdowns at the end of the game? Was it the one where we were outgaining our opponents 3:1 before going into prevent.

Wisconsin is #10 in the country in yards per play on offense, and#7 in yards per play against on defense. The list of teams in the top 10 in both: Alabama and Wisconsin.

Sure, the schedule sucks, but we've done exactly what we were supposed to. You guys have more losses by more than 10 on your home field this year than we have in the last 9.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand those stats. And those stats don't take into account who it has been against. j/s
But you're acting like everyone else is playing murderer's row while OSU has been only been facing the worst team in every conference every week. Outside of Alabama, nobody has been consistently dominant this week, even against bad team. OSU has played one bad game against top 10 OU and otherwise hasn't won by less than 28. Again, with the parity in college football this year, that means a lot. Look at the rest of the top 10 and how they've looked against the average to below average teams on their schedule. Then look at Ohio State. They can only play who's on their schedule, and they're killing everyone, unlike everyone else but Alabama.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise, they're a top 2 team, but results wise, they're not top 5 yet, and really have no argument to be unless they beat Penn State.

I actually have Ohio State winning out and making the playoffs, but at this point, ranking them 4th is a bit ridiculous.

So what's wrong with rankings a top 2 talent team that is top 10 in both offense and defense in the top 4 and has killed everyone outside of 1 week?