• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla Top 25 week 4 discussion

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people are ranking Stanford. They haven't done anything and they lost to USC and USC lost to BC. Just does not make since right now.

Because some people know football and realize Stanford is loaded.

99% of the time the pac champion is going to have a loss. So don't read to much into it.

Champions deserve a little more consideration IMO. I don't just throw them away after 1 loss.

If UW beats them then it's another story.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because some people know football and realize Stanford is loaded.

99% of the time the pac champion is going to have a loss. So don't read to much into it.

Champions deserve a little more consideration IMO. I don't just throw them away after 1 loss.

If UW beats them then it's another story.

They do if they lose to a another good team like Oregon, but USC has not proved to be a good team. IMO teams should be based of what they have actually done. Some consideration can be taken in from last year, but I don't think it should be that much of a factor.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, A Duke team that is 4-0, a Nebraska team that is 4-0, and an LSU team that beat your #22 team and barely lost to your #19 don't deserved to be ranked, but a 2-0 TCU that has not beat anyone Ohio State that hasn't beat anyone but lost to VaTech does?

I'm actually going to agree with you about Ohio State. If I had it to do over, I would bump them out, and rank Duke at 25. Nebraska doesn't deserve to be ranked, imo, because they look terrible. Needed a miracle to beat McNeese State, and then needed 5 personal foul calls (all in the 2nd half) to squeak by 2 loss Miami. The last 3 weeks LSU scheduled Sam Houston St, La Monroe, and then lost to Miss State at home. So I am penalizing them for that.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do if they lose to a another good team like Oregon, but USC has not proved to be a good team. IMO teams should be based of what they have actually done. Some consideration can be taken in from last year, but I don't think it should be that much of a factor.

Well it's still early. First week of full conference play hasn't even begun. Not many teams have done much of anything, so a lot at this point is still speculation off of last years results and returning starters/coaches.

I doubt we could generate a full top 25 with any credibility just based off of whats been done to this point of the season.

I guess I'll just say trust that Stanfords a good team. Time will bear that out. :suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GA Tech and Duke pretty high there nolehusker

Too much ACC love?

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no good at judging talent, therefore I hate the polls. What I think would be cool, is if the power conferences would play nine conference games and then play three non-conference games at the end of the season. Playing patsies the first three games of the season doesn't show me crud.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Top 25 is so much work!

Any chance of reducing it to top 10 now that the BCS is gone?

Regardless, I don't start voting until after the first full week of PAC play.

Then I'll post my thoughts. Though after the top 10 I don't put much thought into it.

Yes a top 10 is much better not many people are motivated to post a top 25. I have been posting my top 10 in my own thread. This week my top 10 is.

#1. Alabama
#2. Oklahoma
#3. Baylor
#4. Oregon
#5. FSU
#6. Texas A&M
#7. Miss St.
#8. Notre Dame
#9. Auburn
#10. BYU

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a top 10 is much better not many people are motivated to post a top 25. I have been posting my top 10 in my own thread. This week my top 10 is.

#1. Alabama
#2. Oklahoma
#3. Baylor
#4. Oregon
#5. FSU
#6. Texas A&M
#7. Miss St.
#8. Notre Dame
#9. Auburn
#10. BYU

SportsHoopla power 10.

I like it

Top 10 is a much better idea imo. It's just too hard to rank teams outside the top 10. I like the SportsHoopla power 10 idea, lets go with that. CHANGE THE NAME NOW!:bawling:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually going to agree with you about Ohio State. If I had it to do over, I would bump them out, and rank Duke at 25. Nebraska doesn't deserve to be ranked, imo, because they look terrible. Needed a miracle to beat McNeese State, and then needed 5 personal foul calls (all in the 2nd half) to squeak by 2 loss Miami. The last 3 weeks LSU scheduled Sam Houston St, La Monroe, and then lost to Miss State at home. So I am penalizing them for that.

:spit: Someone didn't watch the game. If you think Nebraska "squeaked by", or that the penalties had any impact on the game, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla power 10.

I like it

I say anybody that wants to do top 10 only this week can post it in the Top 25 thread and we can do top 10 with optional top 25 from here on

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Top 10 is too exclusive. Not interesting.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like a lot of people just want to bitch about others people's polls but not put themselves up for criticism. A top 10 is pretty safe as it's usually pretty consensus for the most part but in a different order. Typical pussy behavior...:whistle:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call you out as a Big12 homer first :) TCU doesn't play but still goes from unranked to #20? :whistle:

And I wouldn't really give a shit what you call me. I don't exactly give your opinions any credence. Now can we go back to ignoring each other? I don't have much respect for a mod who is nothing but a troll who when he goes too far deletes posts and locks threads...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like a lot of people just want to bitch about others people's polls but not put themselves up for criticism. A top 10 is pretty safe as it's usually pretty consensus for the most part but in a different order. Typical pussy behavior...:whistle:

And I wouldn't really give a shit what you call me. I don't exactly give your opinions any credence. Now can we go back to ignoring each other? I don't have much respect for a mod who is nothing but a troll who when he goes too far deletes posts and locks threads...

Ford ruined you that bad? :pound:

It's been a year man... Sheesh

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, that was a long time ago and I thought we had buried that hatchet through PM's...where I explained what REALLY happened to you. But here you are, dragging the lie back up. :noidea: