• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Preseason Top 25 discussion thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I found who voted Nebraska number one, that poster didn't even finish his poll so it won't count anyways

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's pretty clean cut. Bama is #1 until somebody beats them and takes them off the throne. It is up to everybody else to dethrone them.

That's my opinion too, but those that didn't vote them #1 at least argued that they did lose starters

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't hurt the overall rankings if a few people want to be homers(although I did put bama #1 lol). So, really don't care, I think it says more about them than anything.

yup, it says that Im not drinking the bama kool aid this year

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i guess its Clemsons for right now

Okay, well then I can deal with that! At least you are going with a fellow ACCer! :suds:

Actually, if I had to vote for someone besides Alabama it would probably be Clemson.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, it says that Im not drinking the bama kool aid this year

You're drinking someones. But as I said before, it won't matter when all the votes are in because the bulk will cancel out other picks.

so basically, if Alabama isnt ranked #1, its not realistic? Really?

That's not what he was saying at all.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're drinking someones. But as I said before, it won't matter when all the votes are in because the bulk will cancel out other picks.

your right, it wont matter and besides its a pre season poll, once the season starts and games played everything will change

I think Im the only one that has Clemson at #1, a couple have them at #3 the majority have them in the top 10 some out of the top 10 and even one as low as #18 maybe lower i forget

anyways, Im looking forward to the week 1 matchup between georgia and clemson, I think it will be a great game and kinda let us all know where these two teams stand early in the year

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey uncfan103, gave u a thumbs up on your pre season poll, I sure hope Miami is a top 10 team this year

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right, it wont matter and besides its a pre season poll, once the season starts and games played everything will change

I think Im the only one that has Clemson at #1, a couple have them at #3 the majority have them in the top 10 some out of the top 10 and even one as low as #18 maybe lower i forget

anyways, Im looking forward to the week 1 matchup between georgia and clemson, I think it will be a great game and kinda let us all know where these two teams stand early in the year

I got them #9, which I think is reasonable. If they beat Georgia, I will surely move them up to the top5 I think.

If you really think Clemson is the #1 team, then so be it. What they were talking about were people who were picking teams like Nebraska because they were Nebraska fans, not because they are really a #1 team.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The USC (because so many of these ballots are ridiculous, I might as well)
2. Alabama (probably undefeated until the loss to The USC)
3. Stanford (3 straight 11+ win seasons, on a roll :yahoo: )
4. Texas A&M (one more good year for them)
5. Oregon (they will actually end up lower than this, but I'll start them high :doh: )
6. Notre Dame (a slight drop this year)
7. Louisville (not really this good, but will likely go undefeated)
8. Florida (because they're better than Georgia but got beat by L'ville)
9. Georgia (traditional overrated preseason ranking :gaah: )
10. Clemson (because their loss to Georgia will be seen as a "quality loss" :L )
11. LSU (because you can't spell SLUT without L-S-U, and I like sluts :eyebrows: )
12. Florida State (because they're 12 in the coaches poll and I didn't feel like researching them)
13. Ohio State (because I've finished listing SEC teams :bawling: )
14. Northwestern (I've kind of always liked them for no reason, so I'll go with the fresh hype)
15. Texas (semi-homer placement above OU)
16. Oklahoma (to keep them beside Texas until they play each other)
17. Nebraska (they won't win all their games, but will be the better team :rollseyes: )
18. Oklahoma State (why not?)
19. Boise State (they'll win a bunch of games)
20. UCLA (they've been down too long, time to take advantage of SCAL's plunge)
21. TCU (because they believe in God)
22. Michigan (I think they could do better than this, but I need to see it)
23. Wisconsin (welcome back, fork'em!)
24. Virginia Tech (JMU not on the schedule and they'll play Bama surprisingly close)
25. Kansas State (mercy rank because they tried so hard last year)

Very nice non-homer ballot, champ. Ranking USC #1 is very bold. Not ranking SCAR is head-scratching though.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically, if Alabama isnt ranked #1, its not realistic? Really?

Exactly. I can't see any reason a team should be voted ahead of the back to back Natty winners. :caked:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice non-homer ballot, champ. Ranking USC #1 is very bold. Not ranking SCAR is head-scratching though.

That's what I was thinking. USC is too high, and where are the gamecocks? I know they are terrible except for Clowney, but they at least deserve to be ranked. :doh:

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The USC (because so many of these ballots are ridiculous, I might as well)
2. Alabama (probably undefeated until the loss to The USC)
3. Stanford (3 straight 11+ win seasons, on a roll :yahoo: )
4. Texas A&M (one more good year for them)
5. Oregon (they will actually end up lower than this, but I'll start them high :doh: )
6. Notre Dame (a slight drop this year)
7. Louisville (not really this good, but will likely go undefeated)
8. Florida (because they're better than Georgia but got beat by L'ville)
9. Georgia (traditional overrated preseason ranking :gaah: )
10. Clemson (because their loss to Georgia will be seen as a "quality loss" :L )
11. LSU (because you can't spell SLUT without L-S-U, and I like sluts :eyebrows: )
12. Florida State (because they're 12 in the coaches poll and I didn't feel like researching them)
13. Ohio State (because I've finished listing SEC teams :bawling: )
14. Northwestern (I've kind of always liked them for no reason, so I'll go with the fresh hype)
15. Texas (semi-homer placement above OU)
16. Oklahoma (to keep them beside Texas until they play each other)
17. Nebraska (they won't win all their games, but will be the better team :rollseyes: )
18. Oklahoma State (why not?)
19. Boise State (they'll win a bunch of games)
20. UCLA (they've been down too long, time to take advantage of SCAL's plunge)
21. TCU (because they believe in God)
22. Michigan (I think they could do better than this, but I need to see it)
23. Wisconsin (welcome back, fork'em!)
24. Virginia Tech (JMU not on the schedule and they'll play Bama surprisingly close)
25. Kansas State (mercy rank because they tried so hard last year)

Because USC being pre season #1 last year work so well for them and let you have them beating bama in the title game.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I can't see any reason a team should be voted ahead of the back to back Natty winners. :caked:

Nope. None whatsoever. It's not even really close at this point either. It will be fun to see how it all unfolds.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey uncfan103, gave u a thumbs up on your pre season poll, I sure hope Miami is a top 10 team this year

Thanks. They should be considering how many returners they have, they just have to hope Morris stays healthy and the defense improves.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU at #2 in the poll brings me to a good question:

Are we going to base rankings on (a) who are the best teams or (b) who are the most likely teams to go undefeated based on schedule?

Those aren't the same either... I hate pre-season polls and I hate they way we rank. Rank the best teams, not the ones who are "solid" but have a weak schedule... SEC team included.