• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News, Oklahoma preseason #1

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it!

That'll make operation repeat on October 11 look even that much better.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to do with the grand scheme of things. 40 years is a long damn time. With only 1 NC over that time, Texas is the Ohio State of the Big12.

:laugh3:

That may be, but tOSU doesn't own Bama the way Texas does. Stop talking back to Daddy.....

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh brother I remember. Still have that SI cover somewhere.

I remember after the Civil War Ken Simonton was walking off the field. I told him it was awesome to watch him play for the Beavs through the years (his SR year) He told me to fuck off.

At least ya saw one of the great RBs to ever play the game in the Pac Mamba...funny story

What were you wearing that day? Must have pizzed off Kenny.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Yeah, it's just the Sporting News

BOOM

you know you wanted it.
:laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww, still celebrating your 1st win over your Daddy. Cute.....

I dont' understand Bammers. They suck each other off about the fact Bama has won 14 NC's and brag about the Bear's accomplishments, but then say things like, "1-0 in my lifetime". Which is it?

Because I don't give a shit about lifetime records when it's not a school you play on a regular basis. When you play a school every single year, or every other year or on any kind of regular basis those kind of lifetime stats have some meaning. And even then more recent history generally means more.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with it. It's as good a pick for #1 as any others. Rarely does the preseason #1 finish #1.

:wtf2: are you talking about? Pre-season #1 picks always work out. Just ask Lane Kiffin!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish they had Auburn over Alabama here. Auburn returns most of their talented Oline, a vet QB that does very well in the system, they added another tall JUCO WR to go along with Coates to stretch the field. They lose a good back but the Oline deserves most of the credit and the 1 returning back and new recruit should fill in well. Their Defense will probably be improved as well.

Alabama's biggest problem last year was at CB. We got 2 new recruits (Humphrey and Brown) that will be absolute studs in 2015 but will probably need another year. So CB should still be a bit of a problem. We don't know what to expect at QB. We got a transfer coming in that is hyped up but when you look at his film you come away unimpressed. My guess is he is more game manager than game winner. Probably the highlight of this team will be all of the talent we have on the Dline and the ability to finally attack the QB. I would guess you will see a lot of 4-3 this year and a bit more aggressive, which should take some of the pressure off the CBs. RB and WR are also very, very deep. Talented but thin at safety. We aren't sure about the exact order of the Oline but there are 2 deep worth of pieces they just have to find a winning combination, so I feel good about it by the time we play Florida.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they had Auburn over Alabama here. Auburn returns most of their talented Oline, a vet QB that does very well in the system, they added another tall JUCO WR to go along with Coates to stretch the field. They lose a good back but the Oline deserves most of the credit and the 1 returning back and new recruit should fill in well. Their Defense will probably be improved as well.

Alabama's biggest problem last year was at CB. We got 2 new recruits (Humphrey and Brown) that will be absolute studs in 2015 but will probably need another year. So CB should still be a bit of a problem. We don't know what to expect at QB. We got a transfer coming in that is hyped up but when you look at his film you come away unimpressed. My guess is he is more game manager than game winner. Probably the highlight of this team will be all of the talent we have on the Dline and the ability to finally attack the QB. I would guess you will see a lot of 4-3 this year and a bit more aggressive, which should take some of the pressure off the CBs. RB and WR are also very, very deep. Talented but thin at safety. We aren't sure about the exact order of the Oline but there are 2 deep worth of pieces they just have to find a winning combination, so I feel good about it by the time we play Florida.

I really don't understand why everyone has Bama over Auburn at this point. The only reason they are giving is that Auburn doesn't play well with the target on their backs :noidea:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why everyone has Bama over Auburn at this point. The only reason they are giving is that Auburn doesn't play well with the target on their backs :noidea:

It makes sense to everyone but Auburn fans.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD is going to be crushed. Marioduh didn't make that cover.

Usually starting early summer is when the Oregon natty on a platter posts begin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already heard that one. but no real reasons why

Lost Tre Mason. Yall may have good backs but I don't think any of them are gonna be as good as him. Lost Greg Robinson who was a beast and Caved the whole left side of the defense in for Mason too run through.
And IMO the biggest loss is Jay Prosch who was the unsung hero of yalls team last year. He was a great blocking back and I know he is gonna be difficult to replace. Also Auburn was very fortunate in 5 or 6 games last year. That team could have easily been 7-5. I don't know if yall will have such good fortune this year.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost Tre Mason. Yall may have good backs but I don't think any of them are gonna be as good as him. Lost Greg Robinson who was a beast and Caved the whole left side of the defense in for Mason too run through.
And IMO the biggest loss is Jay Prosch who was the unsung hero of yalls team last year. He was a great blocking back and I know he is gonna be difficult to replace. Also Auburn was very fortunate in 5 or 6 games last year. That team could have easily been 7-5. I don't know if yall will have such good fortune this year.

Not that big of a drop off from Mason to Artis-Payne. Plus Grant, Barber, Thomas....Robinson may be the biggest loss. Fulse will be good in replacing Prosch. Added Williams....defense will be better. And yeah, they could have easily been 13-1 national champions too

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it!

That'll make operation repeat on October 11 look even that much better.

HOLD YOUR WATER SYBIL!!!
star.jpg

This is nice, but it's nothing to be concerned about.

We've proven time and time again that it's not where you start, it's where you finish.

Very young team with a lot to prove. Offense with some holes to fill, but a defense to be feared. Special teams may be out best feature BION.

Last edited by a moderator: