• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speaking of disrespect in the media...

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the major sports outlets are the same and talk about the same old crap. Cant really blame them since we havent been relevant for some time now, but i wish they would cover everyone equally. But that wouldnt work in there ratings most likely.

I like what Harbaugh said about it and no doubt he is telling the guys the same thing. Statement game this sunday, time to turn some heads.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, than i bet you anything they end up talking about what Romo did wrong and we don't get mentioned once.

Oh it will definitely be spinned that way if we were to win. :mad2:

If we win vs the cowboys, then for sure against the Bengals... going 3-0 into Philly should start some media attention...(at least hyping that Philly game up)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it will definitely be spinned that way if we were to win. :mad2:

If we win vs the cowboys, then for sure against the Bengals... going 3-0 into Philly should start some media attention...(at least hyping that Philly game up)

Except we always get crushed by Philly. Luckily they aren't very strong against the run or the TE and that is our strengths. Maybe we have a chance this year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except we always get crushed by Philly. Luckily they aren't very strong against the run or the TE and that is our strengths. Maybe we have a chance this year.

Ignoring the Philly vs Rams game, their speed will hurt us eventually in that game(maybe not if Goldson isn't playing starter's minutes) Blitz schemes, like last year, will kill our OL as usual.

After the Philly vs Rams game, philly is actually light and soft on D vs the run. They have the speed no doubt, but they can get pushed back by a mauling OL. Their blitzes didn't look to complicated but that should never be overlooked. IF it weren't for the WRs for the Rams being their actual WRs, Bradford could've have a bigger game and maybe a Rams win?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need p Willie to lay a smack on Vick and take his legs out of the game early. Make him a pocket passer and the niners win

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niners-Hawks is the last game updated in PFF's weekly review. Both Monday night games and Sunday night game up first.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/12/re-focused-all-games-week-1/

what kind of respect do 49er fans want? what exactly should we have gotten? more air time? more highlights? more evaluation of how good we're getting? what exactly are we asking for but didn't get?

respect is earned and if the 49ers continue to win, not worrying about getting respect. but for now, i'll find it hard to believe 49er fans want respect along the lines of Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England etc.?

if you were the media guy deciding how to fit what into a limited show, would you 'feature' the 49rs?

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
if you were the media guy deciding how to fit what into a limited show, would you 'feature' the 49rs?

Why not? 9ers feature some of the NFL's best players...Patrick, Justin, Vernon, Frank, Braylon...don't they deserve a spotlight?

MangoTango

Ripe and Tangy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
every team has some of the best players in the league

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why not? 9ers feature some of the NFL's best players...Patrick, Justin, Vernon, Frank, Braylon...don't they deserve a spotlight?

but thats my question, what is "spotlight"? more highlights of these players or more team win highlights?

not every team that wins is 'highlighted' by ESPN, some are highlighted more than others just by popularity. IMO the next big factor is games with highlights to show? whomever had GOOD highlights to show, will get air time. other than Ginn's return, were there good highlights?

i saw Ginn's return on tv so we didn't get ignored.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought they had forgotten us

again, i saw them highlight Ginn's return (granted only one of them), so we weren't completely forgotten.

were there any offensive or defensive highlights?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
respect is earned so if fans want it, then wait till our team wins more games. plus, win games against better opponents. our game 1 might've been the worse match up across the NFL?