• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources - Rams to L.A.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is some good news for my Raiders. Goodell said that if the Chargers decide to stay, then the Raiders would have a year to decide to join the Rams in Inglewood. That's exactly where Al Davis wanted to build a stadium, back in the 90's before they left and went back to Oakland.

We have no home. We might be called, America Raiders. Where would we play?

"No, thank you" - America

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coliseum for 3 years?? damn..... they built metlife in a year
I don't care if it takes one year or five years, but so help me they better not fuck up their turf like San Francisco did. I don't want the Cards having to play on two shitty surfaces every year guaranteed.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Rams continue to fail on the field, the glamor of LA is going to turn on them and those seats will be empty within a year. Far too many teams for people in LA to follow and support.

You better produce a winning team Kroenke, otherwise that amazing stadium you're building will not bring in the ticket revenue.

Were it not for lucking into an ex-grocery boy who could play, he'd still be searching for a ring.

He quietly is one of the more detestable owners in sports. He doesn't have the fortune and clout that he does had his wife not inherited half of his wealth for him.

I've lived in a town that has had one owner take our team and run to Dallas (Norm Green) and another offer our team up for contraction (Carl Pohlad). One is frying in hell and the other is surely on his way.

Hell, if there is any justice for St. Louis, Kroenke doesn't make it to 2019.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, if there is any justice for St. Louis, Kroenke doesn't make it to 2019.

Seems more likely to be a guy who has some choice words for black people on tape and is forced to sell the team. Sounds familiar for LA, huh?

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer, I hate seeing teams leave cities ... Something just stinks about it... I realize LA did lose there teams as well, so I feel they should get a team back, but it would a been great if it was an expansion ....
Bring back the Sonics!

wolverlion

Father of 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Rams dude is a billionaire himself and is married to a freaking WalMart heir.

He is going to build something that makes JerryWorld look like a county fair set of bleachers.

That won out.

The owners like and prefer dealing with the Chargers guy, but the Rams dude wants to drop BILLIONS of his own scratch.

His proposed stadium deal is 1.8 BILLION!! Almost twice what Jerrah world cost!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for the St Louis fans - football only

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His proposed stadium deal is 1.8 BILLION!! Almost twice what Jerrah world cost!
I heard the Ram's proposed stadium deal is 3 BILLION!!! It's going to have a shooting center.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does.anyone.know how the 550 million relocation fee gets split up? How much do the other 31 teams get and how much goes to the league? Hard to see chargers or raiders come up with that too? And eems like a high price to pay to ultimately have to split the market with another team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fans should be happy they got to enjoy a team for so long after it was basically stolen from LA. I'm know the fans in St. Louis are dedicated but they never should've had a franchise to begin with.

Getting mixed signals here...dedicated fans, but should not have had the Rams to begin with. They have the 21st ranked TV market...larger than PIT, CAR, IND, BAL, SD, KC, CIN, BUF, GB.

This is, was and always has been about stadiums, not fans. LA is finally giving these teams what they asked for 20 yrs ago.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Grades: Move FROM St. Louis, A. Move TO LA? F. C overall.

St. Louis simply didn't care about the Rams. When they had Warner, Faulk, Holt it was a different animal because it might have just as well been a college team with their scoring potential. However, recent years that stadium is often empty unless a big team comes to town. Everyone in Missouri seems to support KC anyway... that's where the crazy homefield is and unless St. Louis is constantly winning Super Bowls, everyone is going to bandwagon towards KC who is known for a loud fanbase.

Moving TO LA was stupid. All anyone in LA cares about is Hollywood and after celebrities stop going when the novelty wears off, that stadium will be just as empty if the Rams are not 100% making the playoffs every year. Rams should've moved to Portland, where the fanbase is dying for an NFL franchise and instantly would've filled the seats and established a fanbase for the long term.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Grades: Move FROM St. Louis, A. Move TO LA? F. C overall.

St. Louis simply didn't care about the Rams. When they had Warner, Faulk, Holt it was a different animal because it might have just as well been a college team with their scoring potential. However, recent years that stadium is often empty unless a big team comes to town. Everyone in Missouri seems to support KC anyway... that's where the crazy homefield is and unless St. Louis is constantly winning Super Bowls, everyone is going to bandwagon towards KC who is known for a loud fanbase.

Moving TO LA was stupid. All anyone in LA cares about is Hollywood and after celebrities stop going when the novelty wears off, that stadium will be just as empty if the Rams are not 100% making the playoffs every year. Rams should've moved to Portland, where the fanbase is dying for an NFL franchise and instantly would've filled the seats and established a fanbase for the long term.
This is the type of post that should get 18 bs grades and 5 rainbows. You're wrong on both accounts.

Kroenke walked away from the negotiating table in STL years ago. Everyone saw this coming. STL and the state of MO ponied up the cash for a new stadium. Kroenke rejected it for one reason: LA is the best market in the US in terms of where it is now and where it will be 20 years from now. Its not fair to have ANY city try to compete against that in pure market terms. Its the reason why LA gave Pujols a stupid contract. The LA market is a behemoth compared to all but a couple of markets.