• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SOS and the CFP Committee

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that OU's offense raped the Bama D? Trevor Knight looked like a Heisman candidate after shredding the Bama secondary.

It's interesting because Alabama had better stats in pretty much every category outside turnovers, which was pretty well lopsided.

And yes I agree that Knight was playing like crazy that night. But I'm not sure how you attribute making those kinds of throws to a HUNH offense.

Really, I think it's kind of an insult to Oklahoma to credit the HUNH to their win rather than everything else.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting because Alabama had better stats in pretty much every category outside turnovers, which was pretty well lopsided.

And yes I agree that Knight was playing like crazy that night. But I'm not sure how you attribute making those kinds of throws to a HUNH offense.

Really, I think it's kind of an insult to Oklahoma to credit the HUNH to their win rather than everything else.

Oh, I wasn't referring to what Bama's offense did to OU's shitty defense. Hell, our shitty offense embarrassed OU's shitty defense, as well as Baylor putting a beatdown on OU's D. I wasn't surprised Bama raped the shit out of OU's defense at all. But there is no doubt Saban and Smart have problems with these offenses.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I wasn't referring to what Bama's offense did to OU's shitty defense. Hell, our shitty offense embarrassed OU's shitty defense, as well as Baylor putting a beatdown on OU's D. I wasn't surprised Bama raped the shit out of OU's defense at all. But there is no doubt Saban and Smart have problems with these offenses.

Well, we have 4 losses in the past 3 years. Those teams were ranked(final AP): #2, #2, #5, #6.

Meanwhile we shut out Ole Miss last year, a HUNH team that finished 33rd in the final AP vote.

Maybe it's time we start giving them credit for being good teams? I just think that had way more to do with it than HUNH.

As for Oklahoma specifically in that game, with the way Knight was playing I think they could have beat any team in the country that night. He was on fire. If he plays that way next year, they are going to terrorize the Big12.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have 4 losses in the past 3 years. Those teams were ranked(final AP): #2, #2, #5, #6.

Meanwhile we shut out Ole Miss last year, a HUNH team that finished 33rd in the final AP vote.

Maybe it's time we start giving them credit for being good teams? I just think that had way more to do with it than HUNH.

As for Oklahoma specifically in that game, with the way Knight was playing I think they could have beat any team in the country that night. He was on fire. If he plays that way next year, they are going to terrorize the Big12.

Eh, when you have over a month to prepare for one team, anything is going to happen. The worst thing that could have happened was OU whipping Bama. Now the Sooners are going to be overhyped and overrated come pre season b/c of that bowl win. Damn you Bama!!!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, when you have over a month to prepare for one team, anything is going to happen. The worst thing that could have happened was OU whipping Bama. Now the Sooners are going to be overhyped and overrated come pre season b/c of that bowl win. Damn you Bama!!!!!

They deserve it. Nobody gave them a chance and they won fair and square.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if both teams were undefeated I'd have given the nod to Oklahoma St. But they didn't both go undefeated, so raw SoS isn't all that matters.

Alabama lost to the #1 team in the country by 3 in over time.

Oklahoma St lost to a team that would have been 5-7 if they hadn't lost to them.

But yet, you want to pretend like these loses are equal because overall SoS? That's the non sense.

I dont say loses are equal, but that is tunnel vision. Ok State's 11 wins were superior to Bama's. Its about the cumulative schedule. OSU loss was worse. Overall record was equal with Osu being more tested.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I would have had no problem with the final four being LSU, Oklahoma State, Alabama, and then Oregon, or a 3+1 format.

1. LSU - Undefeated, SEC Champion, .600ish SOS, and beat Alabama, Arkansas, Oregon, West Virginia, and Auburn
2. Oklahoma State - 1 loss, Big-12 Champion, .640ish SOS, and beat Kansas State, Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas, and Missouri
3. Alabama - 1 loss, mid .500ish SOS, and beat Penn State, Arkansas, and Auburn
4. Oregon - 2 losses, Pac-12 champion, mid .500ish SOS, and beat Stanford, California, and Washington

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if both teams were undefeated I'd have given the nod to Oklahoma St. But they didn't both go undefeated, so raw SoS isn't all that matters.

Alabama lost to the #1 team in the country by 3 in over time.

Oklahoma St lost to a team that would have been 5-7 if they hadn't lost to them.

But yet, you want to pretend like these loses are equal because overall SoS? That's the non sense.

Possibly the worst defense ever. 'Bama gets in despite a lower SOS because they had the "better loss"? That logic only works in Alabama.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly the worst defense ever. 'Bama gets in despite a lower SOS because they had the "better loss"? That logic only works in Alabama.

Their maths skills are incredible also just count their national championships.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it seemed to have been the majority opinion considering Alabama went and Oklahoma St didn't.

2011_bcs_%20celeb_01.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it seemed to have been the majority opinion considering Alabama went and Oklahoma St didn't.

2011_bcs_%20celeb_01.jpg

I would have preferred "nah, nahy, poo-poo, we won". It would have at least been intellectually honest.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred "nah, nahy, poo-poo, we won". It would have at least been intellectually honest.

Isn't it great that college football hands out mythical national championship trophies every season?

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they would be ranked ahead if that was true.

2009: Boise State is an undefeated conference champion, yet still ranked behind Florida, who lost its conference championship game. So no, they wouldnt be

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009: Boise State is an undefeated conference champion, yet still ranked behind Florida, who lost its conference championship game. So no, they wouldnt be

I hate to break it to you, but what people are talking about here pretty excludes Boise St and any teams like it 100%. When they say conference champions, they don't give a crap about the MWC. They want SEC, Pac12, Big10, Big12 and maybe the ACC. And really, they don't even want that 5th one, because they want the big4 to absorb the better teams of the ACC, have 4 major conferences and fuck everyone else.

I know the past few years they used Boise St as a reason why we needed playoffs, but that was just a bunch of crap they used for an agenda. They don't give a fuck about Boise St. What they want is an easy way for their team/conference to get into things. Just like the stupid AQ shit and bowl tie ends - it's all about keeping what they got.

Now specifically in 2009, Boise St was not ranked higher and shouldn't have been ranked higher because they had an awful SoS. Winning their conference meant nothing because it's a crappy conference. What Boise St needs to do is schedule games out of their conference to beef up their SoS, and that will get them ranked higher. Which if we take the 4 best teams is possible, but taking just conference champions will never see Boise St or any MWC, MAC, Sun Belt, AAC or CUSA team in it.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now specifically in 2009, Boise St was not ranked higher and shouldn't have been ranked higher because they had an awful SoS.

Colley Matrix's SOS numbers:

Alabama - .566 (30th best)
Texas - .537 (42nd best)
Cincinnati - .509 (66th best)
TCU - .459 (94th best)
Boise State - .423 (108th best)

Both TCU and Boise State played a below average schedule. Alabama, Texas, and Cincinnati would have gotten the first three spots. You might even have to consider Oregon. They played 6th best schedule, and a .613 SOS.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colley Matrix's SOS numbers:

Alabama - .566 (30th best)
Texas - .537 (42nd best)
Cincinnati - .509 (66th best)
TCU - .459 (94th best)
Boise State - .423 (108th best)

Both TCU and Boise State played a below average schedule. Alabama, Texas, and Cincinnati would have gotten the first three spots. You might even have to consider Oregon. They played 6th best schedule, and a .613 SOS.

As for 4, should have been: Alabama, Texas, Florida, Oregon.

I can see taking Florida out because they lost to Alabama in the SECCG which was 1 game prior and at the end of the year, but in terms of the criteria here I would say Florida is more deserving and the matchup should have been set to be against a team other than Alabama to start. If Florida had lost that same game earlier in year, then for sure Florida.

Next in line I would agree with Cincy.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can you not love having your rivals overrated to start the season. What can be better than crushing the dreams of an overrated rival?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the fact that Oklahoma lives in your head rent free 24/7. :laugh3:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the Sooners almost always overhyped and overrated? At least for the last 10 years or so.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the Sooners almost always overhyped and overrated? At least for the last 10 years or so.

You mean more so than Texas? What rank did Texas have preseason last year again?