• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo.... Where does Le3-5 collude to next year?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. The Warriors struggle a bit against long, athletic teams.

You throw Lebron and another max FA on a team like the Lakers or Sixers who are young, long and athletic...it could be very interesting.

Same with Minny and with Jimmy Butler already there, they probably don't even need another max FA to come with Lebron.

GSW would likely still be favored, but I don't think it would be as prohibitive as it is now.
Oh I agree, and they also struggle with guarding talented big men. It would make it more competitive, but I'd give the edge to the Warriors, atleast for next year

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans predictably pumping up their chamces.

He wants to play with Booker.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be interesting is Lebron telling the Cavs' he's going to walk or they can facilitate a sign and trade. It would open him up to a bunch of other teams that weren't available in Free Agency.

Minnesota - for Andrew Wiggins and fillers
Milwaukee - S&T with Jabari Parker and Malcolm Brogdon, fillers

The wolves trade would need to involve a third team to take about 3 million in salary from the cavs. At least until after Wiggins contract extension kicks in. With the Poison pill Wiggins outgoing value is still 7, but his incoming is 25.

So if you did Wiggins and Teague for Lebron it would be like sending 44 million for Lebrons 33 and Cleveland would not be allowed, but Wiggins and Teague for Lebron and Osman would be sending 36 to the Wolves with only 26 outgoing. Osman would have to go to a third team that has cap to absorb it, like Phoenix.

Note: Clearly none of these trades are real things, I just ran with CitySushi's hypothetical because I like the idea of adding Lebron to my favorite team.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wolves trade would need to involve a third team to take about 3 million in salary from the cavs. At least until after Wiggins contract extension kicks in. With the Poison pill Wiggins outgoing value is still 7, but his incoming is 25.

So if you did Wiggins and Teague for Lebron it would be like sending 44 million for Lebrons 33 and Cleveland would not be allowed, but Wiggins and Teague for Lebron and Osman would be sending 36 to the Wolves with only 26 outgoing. Osman would have to go to a third team that has cap to absorb it, like Phoenix.

Note: Clearly none of these trades are real things, I just ran with CitySushi's hypothetical because I like the idea of adding Lebron to my favorite team.

Does the Poison Pill still apply throughout next off-season? I thought it was just this season because the extension should kick in for next year right? Could be wrong, I'm not a cap expert.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the Poison Pill still apply throughout next off-season? I thought it was just this season because the extension should kick in for next year right? Could be wrong, I'm not a cap expert.

yeah, once the off season starts it is much easier to do. I was thinking you meant by the trade deadline.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could set the date of the trade on the trade machine? no more waiting to try trades until the offseason, or waiting until Dec 15th to test getting rid of Teague

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, once the off season starts it is much easier to do. I was thinking you meant by the trade deadline.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could set the date of the trade on the trade machine? no more waiting to try trades until the offseason, or waiting until Dec 15th to test getting rid of Teague

Yeah there's no chance Lebron moves mid-season. I'm talking the off-season where there's a much higher likelyhood of him leaving. Minny would actually present a pretty good opportunity. Because of Wiggins new salary the T-Wolves would be able to provide matching salaries back, and also provide the Cavs back with probably the best player they could get back in a sign and trade.

Of course Lebron would need to agree to go there, but if the Twolves can finish with a top 4 seed this year and make some noise the playoffs, that would be a huge plus for you guys too.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's no chance Lebron moves mid-season. I'm talking the off-season where there's a much higher likelyhood of him leaving. Minny would actually present a pretty good opportunity. Because of Wiggins new salary the T-Wolves would be able to provide matching salaries back, and also provide the Cavs back with probably the best player they could get back in a sign and trade.

Of course Lebron would need to agree to go there, but if the Twolves can finish with a top 4 seed this year and make some noise the playoffs, that would be a huge plus for you guys too.

With Butler out Wiggins has looked a lot more like the player the Wolves hoped for. Far more assertive, he still takes way too many long 2's, but without Butler to be the Alpha I am far more encouraged by what I have seen. It might end up being a decent contract in the end,

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be interesting is Lebron telling the Cavs' he's going to walk or they can facilitate a sign and trade. It would open him up to a bunch of other teams that weren't available in Free Agency.

I think if he leaves he'll want to fuck over Gilbert one last time, which means walk vs sign and trade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be interesting. I don't see Lebron telling them until he absolutely has to though.

Can you imagine a trade involving Wiggins?

He gets jerked around and has to wait to sign his first NBA contract because Lebron decided to return to Cleveland and wanted him traded for Kevin Love.

Then, he gets traded back to Cleveland because Lebron wants to play in Minnesota. lol