• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooo, the NFL says "no precedent for deflate gate"? Really? Ask the 2009 Jets...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt, I'm not saying big conspiracy. I honestly think Brady's smug shit after the Ravens game seriously pissed off Harbaugh and the people in Southie's NY Gang thread went along with the sting. It wasn't a set up?

Why wasn't this handled by the basic precedent of saying cut the shit like they've done for years?

If we're playing golf and I see that you're lined up an inch in front of the tee markers, do I let you hit the ball and then after the hole announce that you lost the hole or might I advise you to correct it? Some things can be corrected before they're a problem like this could have been. This thing was just handled really shitty and there has to be a reason for that.

I agree it looks like its been handled pretty shitty........It depends on what you believe, did the refs check the balls and than they were messed with? Or did the refs miss that the balls were already deflated? Ive heard both versions of the story

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and Apples

If Seattle wins the SB and Russ Wilson is found to be cheating, he gets the same 4 game suspension, people who dont think so, are Tom Brady apologists

It wouldnt be as big a story, because not as many fans and media would be running to protect Wilsons' legacy, and Wilson may not threaten to take it to court, but he would be getting the same 4 game suspension
you know what apples and apples means right?

you just said its a valid comparison.

thanks!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just address the content here, no side ramblings:

so its ok for the jets to cheat and get to the AFCCG...right?

but

its NOT ok for tom brady to take a puff of air out of his footballs on his way to a SB win

just making sure were on the same page.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just address the content here, no side ramblings:

so its ok for the jets to cheat and get to the AFCCG...right?

but

its NOT ok for tom brady to take a puff of air out of his footballs on his way to a SB win

just making sure were on the same page.

There is a reason Mike Florio doesnt specify what week that occurred with the kicker...Savvy writing

And i would think the ball doesnt travel as far if a kicker deflates a ball, caant figure out what advantage is created there, but i could tell you what advantage is created by a QB doing it

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god i cant get a direct response out of you for anything.

its sad.

and dirt, no one said the ball was deflated. ignore that. focus here:

The NFLPA explains in its lawsuit that the decision not to investigate or discipline the Jets kicker “was perfectly consistent with the Competitive Integrity Policy’s application to Clubs, not players.”

So why suspend Brady under a policy that applies to teams and not players? At paragraph 108 of the lawsuit, the NFLPA claims that “a fine would not have quenched other NFL owners’ thirst for a more draconian penalty.”

The 54-page filing says nothing more about owners wanting a “more draconian penalty,” and no specific owners are named. Given the history between the Jets and Patriots, the NFLPA probably believes that one of them was Woody Johnson

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god i cant get a direct response out of you for anything.

its sad.

Would Russell Wilson be suspended 4 games if Seattle wins and he is caught doing the same?

Just your opinion?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFLPA explains in its lawsuit that the decision not to investigate or discipline the Jets kicker “was perfectly consistent with the Competitive Integrity Policy’s application to Clubs, not players.”

So why suspend Brady under a policy that applies to teams and not players? At paragraph 108 of the lawsuit, the NFLPA claims that “a fine would not have quenched other NFL owners’ thirst for a more draconian penalty.”

The 54-page filing says nothing more about owners wanting a “more draconian penalty,” and no specific owners are named. Given the history between the Jets and Patriots, the NFLPA probably believes that one of them was Woody Johnson

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, what did the Jets kicker do?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest?

no

and i mean that

Ok, well, youre impossible to have a conversation with, cause you wouldnt have that opinion if this didnt involved Tom Brady

Cause you still cant come up with a reasonable explanation as to why and what the NFL has to gain by "Going after" Tom Brady

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, what did the Jets kicker do?
we dont know for sure.

the league only said "illegal equipment to tamper with the football".

FYI, the jets were caught in game. the kicker, allowed to play. no fines, no lawsuits...an equipment guy was suspended with pay, thats it. no texts requested, no people brought in under subpoena.

and its under the exact same "clause" brady is being beaten up under.

you dont see this as the league talking out of both sides of its mouth?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, well, youre impossible to have a conversation with, cause you wouldnt have that opinion if this didnt involved Tom Brady

Cause you still cant come up with a reasonable explanation as to why and what the NFL has to gain by "Going after" Tom Brady
i gave you my opinion.

wilson wouldnt be SUSPENDED for 4 games.

i stand by that. thats all i said.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the NFLPA points out, the NFL did not investigate or discipline the Jets kicker for “general awareness” or specific involvement, even though the Jets kicker (like Brady in this case) was the player most likely to benefit from the behavior and, in turn, the player most likely to be aware of the conduct.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Why is it that they are after Tom Brady?
he would be fined 25k like the CBA demands. it wouldnt nearly be the deal it is for the pats. this is a fact dirt, you cant argue it. you just cant. common sense dictates as such.

theyre going after brady because of spygate dirt. its the same team (jets) that 'broke' spygate...i.e tattled.

this is goodell trying to appease 31 owners who want the big bad patriots to be made an example of, yet...in 2009 as is clearly shown, the league used/is using a doble standard here.

its crystal clear.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny, i explained this to my nephew yesterday. hes 10. i showed him the article. he asked why "the jets can cheat but the patriots cant have less air in a ball?"

i said "i wish i knew buddy, thats the problem"

did i mention zachs 10?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the NFLPA points out, the NFL did not investigate or discipline the Jets kicker for “general awareness” or specific involvement, even though the Jets kicker (like Brady in this case) was the player most likely to benefit from the behavior and, in turn, the player most likely to be aware of the conduct.

LOL

Fairy Tales

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Fairy Tales
dirt

thats from pro football talk

NBC

The 54-page filing says nothing more about owners wanting a “more draconian penalty,” and no specific owners are named. Given the history between the Jets and Patriots, the NFLPA probably believes that one of them was Woody Johnson.

2009 Jets-Patriots incident becomes issue in Brady case | ProFootballTalk

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not kidding dirt...i love ya buddy, but if you cant see this...im not sure what else to do for you.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is (and has been asked numerous times by myself and others) is: "Why when the league KNEW about the ball BEFORE the Colts game did they let it continue?"