• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something BIG brewing in Lincoln

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Ex coach & current coach don’t see it the same way. Listen to Diaco’s Tuesday pressed about tackling & bankers response below. Banker says the used car salesman is full of shit.

Nebraska's 2016 defensive coordinator, Mark Banker, disagreed.

"He's full of it," Banker said. "He's making excuses. It was not mandated by the administration — not to my knowledge — it was suggested and then it was put forward by our head coach to bring that company in, and then we used that method."

Banker said Nebraska's tackling got much better in 2016. NU practiced three different tackling drills three days a week last season. Riley originally suggested Banker go to the Hawk system in 2015, but Banker declined, since Nebraska was too close to the start of the season to make a switch in styles. Banker said Atavus understood the system, helped the Husker coaches implement and tracked statistics for it.

"When we had time and were doing the drills, it paid dividends," Banker said.

"We improved from the 2015 season. A guy like Lamar Jackson, I don't know if he's ever made a tackle. He looks like he did last year. That's just an individual. Look at the Wisconsin game. Look at a guy Nate Gerry and what he did with tackling. Look at Chris Jones."

The only game where Nebraska didn't use the tackling drills in practice? Before the Music City Bowl.

"And it showed," Banker said.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised you all are not hearing this over there in KNEEbraska.

I mostly trust my rumor-mongerer on this.

BTW, my wife and I had a last minute invite for the Nebraska Northwestern game to sit up in the Skybox seats. We received the invite as we were driving west to Des Moines, Iowa. I was tempted to keep on driving west to Lincoln.

Unfortunately, we were on our way to Des Moines to meet a college friend for a night of reminiscing and hanging out in Ankeny, Iowa. I know wtf Ankeny, Iowa? He has family there and was just flying up for the night for a visit and I said i would come on over.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised you all are not hearing this over there in KNEEbraska.

I mostly trust my rumor-mongerer on this.

Wait....Danny Nee's coming back?

wait-what-gif-5.gif

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 after moos

Really
Installs
Coaches that
Kill

Possibly
In
The
Immediate
Now
Okay

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex coach & current coach don’t see it the same way. Listen to Diaco’s Tuesday pressed about tackling & bankers response below. Banker says the used car salesman is full of shit.
again i listened to 1620 on the way in this morning and DB said he had some old recording from spring of 2016 that Banker kinda sung a different tune on that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the best case scenario for everyone. Hopefully they have worked out a nice severance package for him so he goes away "on his own terms".

Yep.

"We thank Mike Retirely for his lifetime dedication, perseverance, and contributions to the sport of football and the student athlete. We wish him and Dee the best going forward".

jeb-bush-please-clap.gif

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it's Frost 7 years 30 million. Dec 3rd.

Mike Riley is retiring because of his wife's illness