• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Somebody from AA is coming up!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No definite word on who yet. Baggs is guessing Hembree, and that makes sense. But another guess would be Peguero.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peguero is on the 40 man. BUT there is a spot open on teh 40 man for Hembree sooooooo. We'll see.

I hope it's both.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No definite word on who yet. Baggs is guessing Hembree, and that makes sense. But another guess would be Peguero.

If it is indeed Hembree, and he kills it this final month and next ST. Do you trade Wilson?

I'm talking beyond a shadow of a doubt confident, and Kimbrel esq dominance, mind you.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was it Baggs or Doc today who mentioned that they were saving the last 40 spot for one of the guys from AAA?

I would think Kroon or Christian would make more sense than Hembree, unless they are actually worried about Wilson. I think rewarding these guys with a cup 'o Joe goes a long way in the org. It shows everyone that if they do well, they will be rewarded.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Sheen? 8^)

There was this from Saturday:

Giants | Hector Sanchez recalled

Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:37:55 -0700

The San Francisco Giants have recalled C Hector Sanchez from Class A San Jose.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: CSNBayArea.com

Read more: KFFL - San Francisco Giants News and Notes

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Baggs or Doc today who mentioned that they were saving the last 40 spot for one of the guys from AAA?

I would think Kroon or Christian would make more sense than Hembree, unless they are actually worried about Wilson. I think rewarding these guys with a cup 'o Joe goes a long way in the org. It shows everyone that if they do well, they will be rewarded.

If they're going to "reward" someone, I would hope it would be someone like Ray or Yourkin or Graham, someone who's actually put in some time in the Giants system. Rather than guys like Kroon and Christian who have certainly paid their dues in the minors (or Japan) but not to the Giants in particular. Having said that, none of them really merit a callup strictly based on performance and I don't think any of them particularly stand out relative to one another on that basis.

Of course, a "reward" could also go to someone like Hall, a vet arguably in the last days of his career. I'm not endorsing that view, just suggesting it as a possibility.

Personally, I hope that the Giants do NOT go the sentimental route and give someone a tenure-based callup. They should strictly use this as an opportunity to evaluate someone who might be able to actually help the team win next year, and who has had little or no chance to "show his stuff" at the big league level. On that basis, Otero might be a good candidate. He's done well in the minors, and has rebuilt his resume since he had his injury problems 2 or 3 years ago. Matos might be another one, though in his cups of coffee with the Giants before he seems to be nothing more than a AAAA pitcher.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read yesterday that the Squirrels just made the playoffs (with a HR off Tim Alderson). I'd expect Peggy to stay in AA until the playoffs are over.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apparently the player coming up is OF Justin Christian. A very confusing choice. Dude is 31 and a career minor leaguer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the player coming up is OF Justin Christian. A very confusing choice. Dude is 31 and a career minor leaguer.

If this is true, I like it. There is no prospect that is demanding a shot right now, so let's give someone who had a great year their dream. I think it is an internal PR move for the guys in the system.

VAS's point was valid, though, about rewarding career Giants instead of career journeymen, but this will play across the game that if you sign as an organizational guy with the Giants and you do well, you will be rewarded.

I like the message that it sends, and could pay dividends down the road with another Vogelsong-type player.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he wouldn't be the first minor league success story (I'm looking at you Torres). Their numbers actually matchup pretty similar, with Christian striking out significantly less (high is 73), though he doesn't walk much, telling me he's an aggressive hitter. A big difference is that Torres was entering his 12 season, this is Christian's 7, much less mileage.

He's fast, he's got some pop lets see what he can do.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
extrabaggs Andrew Baggarly
Christian last appeared in MLB w/2008 NYY. When SF signed him after winter ball, a club official called him big-time sleeper in Torres vein.

He's a peninsula kid, from San Mateo. Maybe Filo knows him?

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He must be fast - 7 stolen bases in 8 chances in only 40 big league AB. And a 92% success rate in the minors this year.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
extrabaggs Andrew Baggarly
Christian last appeared in MLB w/2008 NYY. When SF signed him after winter ball, a club official called him big-time sleeper in Torres vein.

He's a peninsula kid, from San Mateo. Maybe Filo knows him?

Holy shit! I do know that guy (although not well at all)! I went to Borel Middle School with him and he was also friends with a couple of my good buddies at Aragon High School.

He wouldn't know me if I saw him on the street, but we did have a class or two together in MS. I remember him more than he'd remember me because he dated a girl I had a crush on in middle school, lol.

Good luck Justin! If memory serves me correctly, he was a pretty good guy too.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be fast - 7 stolen bases in 8 chances in only 40 big league AB. And a 92% success rate in the minors this year.

And a career 87% success rate (in 385 attempts). He's fast and smart.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! I do know that guy (although not well at all)! I went to Borel Middle School with him and he was also friends with a couple of my good buddies at Aragon High School.

He wouldn't know me if I saw him on the street, but we did have a class or two together in MS. I remember him more than he'd remember me because he dated a girl I had a crush on in middle school, lol.

Good luck Justin! If memory serves me correctly, he was a pretty good guy.

Hey Filo I went to those schools too but sounds like you guys are a couple years older than me. That's crazy he went to Aragon, I figured he went to Serra.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Good luck Justin! If memory serves me correctly, he was a pretty good guy.

Pretty cool. Maye you can hit him up for some tickets!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Filo I went to those schools too but sounds like you guys are a couple years older than me. That's crazy he went to Aragon, I figured he went to Serra.

He might have gone to Serra, I lost track of him after Borel (like said, we didn't know each other all that well, more knew of each other). I went to Hillsdale HS, so I'm not sure where he went to HS.....just not Hillsdale, lol.