• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Questions about the Big XII Championship Game

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. If Oklahoma is 9-0 in Conference play and Oklahoma State is 7-2 with losses against Oklahoma and West Virginia and Texas is 7-2 with losses against Oklahoma and Kansas State/who plays Oklahoma in the CCG./??
And even if Oklahoma loses are we still the Champs because we have the best record??? and a 1-1 tie on the year with the team that beat us in the CCG???

2. If Oklahoma/Texas/Oklahoma State are all 8-1 in Conference play with Oklahoma beating Texas/Texas beating Oklahoma State/Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma/////which 2 teams go to the CCG.

3. Is it the most Retarded thing ever in the History of College Football

Discussion is encouraged.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Okielite and Texass play each other, so the winner goes on in "option" 1. There has to be a winner, we play everyone.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. If Oklahoma is 9-0 in Conference play and Oklahoma State is 7-2 with losses against Oklahoma and West Virginia and Texas is 7-2 with losses against Oklahoma and Kansas State/who plays Oklahoma in the CCG./??
And even if Oklahoma loses are we still the Champs because we have the best record??? and a 1-1 tie on the year with the team that beat us in the CCG???

This is impossible because you don't have Oklahoma St vs Texas winner. It's impossible for both those teams to have that record with losses to those teams.

2. If Oklahoma/Texas/Oklahoma State are all 8-1 in Conference play with Oklahoma beating Texas/Texas beating Oklahoma State/Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma/////which 2 teams go to the CCG.

Discussion is encouraged.

This is possible, my guess is that it goes to the playoff rankings, which would be the smart thing to do. 2 highest ranked in the playoffs.

So Oklahoma vs Texas.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wasn't way too lazy to look it up, I would imagine that the Big Xii made some type of tiebreaker system to use. If only there was somewhere to look that up.

Or is Dan Beebe still the Commish? then all bets are off and I vote Kansas vs. Iowa State.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wasn't way too lazy to look it up, I would imagine that the Big Xii made some type of tiebreaker system to use. If only there was somewhere to look that up.

Or is Dan Beebe still the Commish? then all bets are off and I vote Kansas vs. Iowa State.
Missed the last place team if that is who you were predicting...the Red Faders of Texas Tech!

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10 to the hundredth power

maybe more

If OU is 9-0 in conf. and gets beat by a 7-2 team in the "CCG", then it's very possible the B12 is out of the CFP yet again

Retarded 10 to the thousandth power

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. The B12 title game actually the most fair title game. It's the only game that guarantees to pit #1 vs #2, and both teams will have played the same conference schedule.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 to the hundredth power

maybe more

If OU is 9-0 in conf. and gets beat by a 7-2 team in the "CCG", then it's very possible the B12 is out of the CFP yet again

Retarded 10 to the thousandth power

But this is true with every conference game. Shoot Penn state won the big ten and still didn't make the CFP, lost their spot to a team they beat. If they had big 12 rules, Penn State vs Ohio State would've been the big ten title game and maybe Penn State could win their way in.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the Big12 over thinking this stuff?

I don't understand why a league where every member plays the other, a CCG
is even needed.

On top of that, they opt for a CG and don't split into divisions. This crap of picking the
best two...is nonsense. At least with divisional play, the league has an excuse if an
unbeaten faces a 2-loss Division Champ. They have no excuse now. It just creates
a perception that the league is a one-team race, which has an adverse effect on the winner.

There is no easy road. Just line up how you are situated geographically and play. It will
always even itself up.

The Big10 learned. They split their divisions into this make shift Leaders and Legends League
hoping to have back-to-back Ohio St-Mich games. That flopped, and nobody in the Country
could identify the teams in the Divisions. At least they had the sense to add Rutgers and Maryland
and then switch to an East-West set-up. Divide on geographical lines.

The ACC split into Atlantic and Coastal because the FSU-Miami rematch would occupy the headlines.
All that's needed now is for Miami to ever win the Coastal and it'll happen.

The result of the placement of teams. The school that is closest to Florida State, Ga Tech,
we play them once every 6 years or something like that. That is total nonsense. We don't
face Tech yearly, but we do grapple with those bitter rivals vying for Southern Supremecy,
Syracuse and Boston College. Go Figure

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC split into Atlantic and Coastal because the FSU-Miami rematch would occupy the headlines.

Yeah, they might wanna re-think their divisions some time. I get the whole "Zipper" dealie is more intriguing than the traditional yet boring "North/South" divisions, but Miami is dead and will never be a competent football team again. Time to put them in the same division as FSU.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1-loss Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas is a possibility this year. And if that happens and the chaos causes some bad feelings which contribute to the conference finally breaking up it's fine with me. A 10 team conference having a championship game is just grasping at straws because we lost good schools and are left with nobody else worth a shit wanting to join us. Fine. Blow it up. Whatever it takes.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the last place team if that is who you were predicting...the Red Faders of Texas Tech!

Hell, I wasn't even sure if Kansas and Iowa State were still in the Big Xii.
If only there was an easy way to look that type of stuff up.

Who am I kidding, I'm still way too lazy to do it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Yes.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the Big12 over thinking this stuff?

I don't understand why a league where every member plays the other, a CCG
is even needed.

On top of that, they opt for a CG and don't split into divisions. This crap of picking the
best two...is nonsense. At least with divisional play, the league has an excuse if an
unbeaten faces a 2-loss Division Champ. They have no excuse now. It just creates
a perception that the league is a one-team race, which has an adverse effect on the winner.

There is no easy road. Just line up how you are situated geographically and play. It will
always even itself up.

The Big10 learned. They split their divisions into this make shift Leaders and Legends League
hoping to have back-to-back Ohio St-Mich games. That flopped, and nobody in the Country
could identify the teams in the Divisions. At least they had the sense to add Rutgers and Maryland
and then switch to an East-West set-up. Divide on geographical lines.

The result of the placement of teams. The school that is closest to Florida State, Ga Tech,
we play them once every 6 years or something like that. That is total nonsense. We don't
face Tech yearly, but we do grapple with those bitter rivals vying for Southern Supremecy,
Syracuse and Boston College. Go Figure

None of it makes sense. The CFP committee told the Big 12 it needed a CCG in order to qualify for the playoff back in 2014 and recently last year. Then Ohio State proved just how meaningless and worthless CCG's are last year. Why in the ever living fuck does it matter if the Big 12 has a CCG when we play everybody in the conference? Yeah, the committee is full of dumbasses.....

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a revolutionary idea: how about the Big XII not keep shitting the bed in it's non-conference games and EARN the right to go to the CFP with or without the stupid conference championship game? You know, like Texas scare the hell out of USC or preferably beat them, Oklahoma back up the smack talk with a win at Ohio State on the road, Okie Jr and TCU do their thing when it's needed the most, etc., etc. I don't like depending on committees to show us some love. We need to kick down the damn door and march right through it into the CFP and then act like we've been there before. Just an idea.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever won the head to head.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever won the head to head.

The problem is if there is a repeat of what happened in 2008. Oklahoma lost to Texas, Texas lost to Texas Tech, Texas Tech lost to Oklahoma. That's a Mexican standoff. And then the arguments start. Texas was bitter in 2008. And they had a right to be mad but there really isn't a good answer when everybody beats each other.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall rankings?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is if there is a repeat of what happened in 2008. Oklahoma lost to Texas, Texas lost to Texas Tech, Texas Tech lost to Oklahoma. That's a Mexican standoff. And then the arguments start. Texas was bitter in 2008. And they had a right to be mad but there really isn't a good answer when everybody beats each other.
In the example given one team was undefeated and the other two team had losses to other teams. The OP was flawed.