• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So.......

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Bo would give him a :thumb: for his gimmicks?

I dont..

When you say gimmicks, what are you referencing? If we're talking about spring break practice at a florida HS known for producing good players, I never knew Bo personally, but I would imagine he would approve. This isn't the old world. Not many of the top kids anymore want to go to school to learn. We can't just sell our education and Michigan and expect the best players to always walk through our door. We have to adapt with the times if we want to win.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you say gimmicks, what are you referencing? If we're talking about spring break practice at a florida HS known for producing good players, I never knew Bo personally, but I would imagine he would approve. This isn't the old world. Not many of the top kids anymore want to go to school to learn. We can't just sell our education and Michigan and expect the best players to always walk through our door. We have to adapt with the times if we want to win.

I personally don't know Bo myself, we didn't sit down and have interesting conversations about M football lol... I grew up in the 70's.. I guess im old school, I just don't want to see Michigan ending up like the oregon ducks flashy team bullshit, advertising crap. We all have our own opinions though

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't know Bo myself, we didn't sit down and have interesting conversations about M football lol... I grew up in the 70's.. I guess im old school, I just don't want to see Michigan ending up like the oregon ducks flashy team bullshit, advertising crap. We all have our own opinions though

I guess we both don't know Bo lol

I don't disagree with you regarding the team falling into all flash and no substance. Personally, I'm not a fan of all the media coverage of our coach. It seems like when Jim farts there's an ESPN truck there to analyze the aroma.

If he wants to hold satellite camps in the South, or spring practice in the middle of a recruiting hotbed, I'm all for it. This assumes it is within the rules to do so. I don't want us to get into the game of winning a NT just to forfeit the wins later.

Reactions: BUD

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we both don't know Bo lol

I don't disagree with you regarding the team falling into all flash and no substance. Personally, I'm not a fan of all the media coverage of our coach. It seems like when Jim farts there's an ESPN truck there to analyze the aroma.

If he wants to hold satellite camps in the South, or spring practice in the middle of a recruiting hotbed, I'm all for it. This assumes it is within the rules to do so. I don't want us to get into the game of winning a NT just to forfeit the wins later.

I think the sping practice in Fla is an ok idea, it also pisses off the SEC coaches :heh:

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the sping practice in Fla is an ok idea, it also pisses off the SEC coaches :heh:

So true, that makes me smile. I think this would be even better if we (the entire country) just had the stones to say what we mean.

Jim Harbaugh: NCAA, we want to hold a spring practice in a recruiting hotbead to allow our players and coaches to recuit top players at that school.

Greg Sankey: You shouldn't be allowed to do this, we don't want you taking our talent.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, that makes me smile. I think this would be even better if we (the entire country) just had the stones to say what we mean.

Jim Harbaugh: NCAA, we want to hold a spring practice in a recruiting hotbead to allow our players and coaches to recuit top players at that school.

Greg Sankey: You shouldn't be allowed to do this, we don't want you taking our talent.

How bout that W over Purdue yesterday.. I thought Michigan was going to give it away after they took the lead with 50 sec left in the game, they pulled it off though. We just might get invited to the Dance next month, that would be cool

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout that W over Purdue yesterday.. I thought Michigan was going to give it away after they took the lead with 50 sec left in the game, they pulled it off though. We just might get invited to the Dance next month, that would be cool

I wasn't expecting that, but I was happy with the outcome. I was glad to see we snagged the defensive rebounds when it mattered. A lack of rebounding has hurt us when it mattered the last few years. Us making the tourney brings up an interesting question, is it better (for recruiting and the future) to make the tourney and lose early or win the NIT?

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting that, but I was happy with the outcome. I was glad to see we snagged the defensive rebounds when it mattered. A lack of rebounding has hurt us when it mattered the last few years. Us making the tourney brings up an interesting question, is it better (for recruiting and the future) to make the tourney and lose early or win the NIT?

NIT Champs would be good. I would rather see them in the Dance, they could make it to the 2nd round maybe

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NIT Champs would be good. I would rather see them in the Dance, they could make it to the 2nd round maybe

I would too. Even with the chance to win the smaller one, and add wins/experience, it's the big show or nothing at all in the recruiting game.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would too. Even with the chance to win the smaller one, and add wins/experience, it's the big show or nothing at all in the recruiting game.

Yep

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing...

Baseball is huge in the SEC and when do most of their teams have rout, and get ready for their spring trip? Over fall break! So it's ok for SEC baseball to make kids practice over fall break but it's not ok to have football players practice over spring break?

SEC hypocrisy is as common place as $100 handshakes at old miss and sex assaults at UT.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know what this is about.....It is BIG in SEC country recruiting....If it was Illinois or Rutgers or Maryland the SEC wouldnt even care or comment, but they know Michigan and Harbaugh will be challenging them in a year or two and they don't like it......It has nothing to do with practice time for student athletes, that's just smoke and mirrors.....

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... the frozen 4 is not in our future. Not that I watch a lot of college hockey, or hockey in general, but from what I read we had a pretty good run.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.. The SEC's whining about M having football camps down south worked out good for them :tsk:

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bound to happen, and so we move on. Based on the what I've heard and the Spring game, it seems like a 2 man race for starting QB. Who do you think wins it?

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bound to happen, and so we move on. Based on the what I've heard and the Spring game, it seems like a 2 man race for starting QB. Who do you think wins it?

Spieget. Misspelled most likely

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spieget. Misspelled most likely

Speight... full disclosure, I had to go to wikipedia. I didnt know either. Now, a little ctr+c and ctrl+v and I'm all set.

I think you're right, though. IMO, O'Korn was the most effective; however, Speight was the best passer I saw in that game. It will be interesting to see how, or if, things change as we get closer to the season.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: Who knows, maybe Harbaugh will put the 2 qb system into work

That could work, but I'd much rather see him pick one and know we've got a good backup waiting. It's a new situations for us. It was hard watching Morris and Bellamy come in and look like they had no business playing QB at any B1G school, let alone Michigan.

Really, Morris wasn't nearly as bad as Bellamy. With all the hype around him, it made it look worse than it really was. That, and the concussion.