• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So.......

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..........that certainly was a lot closer than I expected.

Though, gotta give credit to Minnesota, they were playing inspired football, trying to win one for Coach Kill.

Agreed, but all football players should play inspired.......Michigan new coach Kill passed away......They should know Minnesota was going to bring there best.....

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
excuses are like belly buttons.....everyone has one.......Michigan didn't play the way they should have......No excuses.....

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but all football players should play inspired.......Michigan new coach Kill passed away......They should know Minnesota was going to bring there best.....

Yes and no. It's one thing to know you should play inspired football, but it is much easier when the team does have something impactful to rally around.

And maybe given that, the Michigan coaches did set the players up for success. Remember how many times a Minnesota receiver caught a ball in double coverage? Or on a tip from a Michigan DB? Minnesota also got pretty much every lucky break.

So I will chalk this one up to Michigan showing determination and heart to take Minnesota's best shot, and still walk away with a W.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that Minnesota seemed to get quite a few breaks.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU just loss to Nebraska......They still have to play OSU.......If Michigan wins out I think it's fair they play for the BIG 10 Championship.....The numbers and math add up......If Michigan wins out that means they beat OSU the last game of the year and no one would put them in the BIG Championship if it came to a vote.

Things become dicey if MSU beats OSU though......Michigan is in this fight while the rest of the nation isn't paying attention........

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU just loss to Nebraska......They still have to play OSU.......If Michigan wins out I think it's fair they play for the BIG 10 Championship.....The numbers and math add up......If Michigan wins out that means they beat OSU the last game of the year and no one would put them in the BIG Championship if it came to a vote.

Things become dicey if MSU beats OSU though......Michigan is in this fight while the rest of the nation isn't paying attention........

Full disclosure, I'm not trying to think that far ahead. I'm enjoying the improvement, for the most part, and that's good for year 1. To address your point, here's what can happen:

IF Ohio st beats MSU and loses to Michigan, Michigan is in the CCG.This leaves MSU with 2 conference losses and Michigan and Ohio st with 1 loss each. Since Michigan won the head to head, we are in the CCG.

IF Ohio st loses to both Michigan and MSU, Sparty will be in the CCG. Same rationale as above except MSU wins the H2H tiebreaker over Michigan.

IF MSU beats Ohio st and Ohio st beats Michigan, Sparty will be in the CCG because MSU holds the H2H win over Ohio st and Michigan has 2 conference losses.

IF Michigan loses again, we are pretty much done in the CCG conversation

Here are the tiebreakers:

Big Ten Conference Football Divisional Tiebreaker Big Ten Conference Official Site

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, that's the way it has been since I was a kid just wasn't sure they changed the rules in the pass few years with the CFP format.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now M goes to IN to play the 4-5 Hooisers. I think they better take IU seriously because they are hungry for their first Big 10 W

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now M goes to IN to play the 4-5 Hooisers. I think they better take IU seriously because they are hungry for their first Big 10 W

Yeah, Indiana will also be trying to snap that 19 game losing streak to Michigan. Plus, Indiana gave Ohio State pretty much all they could handle. But I think Jim Harbaugh doesn't let these kinds of things get to his players heads. They are a well disciplined team, so I think he has made Indiana their focus all week.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that nearly gave me a heart attack.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like a Rich Rod team........Not Happy with the run defense......I'm more displeased with the fact that we couldn't stop the run but never put 8 men in the box to try and stop it......We did a few times but geesh.....The CBs were playing just fine, load the box and stop that run game!!!!!! Seemed Durkin couldn't get that.......

A win is a win, but not impressed one bit.......I do however think we match up better against PSU, so that is a plus.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Indiana has given pretty much everyone they played fits. They are one of the best offenses in the conference, if they ever get a defense worth a damn they could really make some noise.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glasgow was sorely missed up front, and now he's likely done for the season. That is really depressing.

On a side note, Indiana is looking like a poor man's ohio st. Assuming JT stays away from DUI checkpoints, I don't expect that we're going to win that one. That being said, our offense looked really good, with the exception of a pair of bad throws. I also hope we get a new holder for FGs. Blake O'Neal is not helping his situation.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glasgow was sorely missed up front, and now he's likely done for the season. That is really depressing.

On a side note, Indiana is looking like a poor man's ohio st. Assuming JT stays away from DUI checkpoints, I don't expect that we're going to win that one. That being said, our offense looked really good, with the exception of a pair of bad throws. I also hope we get a new holder for FGs. Blake O'Neal is not helping his situation.

Blake O'Neill washes his hands with chicken grease or something...

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's defense has looked human the past few weeks, but they have vastly improved over last year as a whole and have made a lot of noise this year. If things play out correctly, they could still play for a final four spot. It's a pipe dream, but a possibility that we can still hope for. I won't get into what ifs about rankings, I think they all get drunk and draw straws that are all actually the same size. Have faith against Penn State this week and hope we do to them what we did to Rutgers. And if Michigan State loses to a team I won't mention... We can really get hyped for the big match up.

Last edited:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think is as much as a pipe dream anymore. We got several huge favors this past weekend. With both Arizona knocking off Utah and Oregon doing the same to Stanford, that guarantees that the Pac-12 champion will have 2 loses. And with Oklahoma beating Baylor, good chance the Big 12 champ will have 1 loses, plus a weak strength of schedule.

So provided OSU beats MSU and run the table, that means in the last 2 weeks would would have beaten 2 top 5 teams, with the others falling off (and maybe Stanford can do us a favor and beat Notre Dame, ensuring they are cleared off the table) I like our chances in that scenario.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU could be the one to knock Michigan off.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win over Penn State, but what how do we all feel about Ohio State choking against MSU? That to say I don't take some pleasure in that, but..........for Michigan to win the division, we really needed them to win.

So I guess now.......go Penn State?!?! :noidea:

Reactions: BUD

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win over Penn State, but what how do we all feel about Ohio State choking against MSU? That to say I don't take some pleasure in that, but..........for Michigan to win the division, we really needed them to win.

So I guess now.......go Penn State?!?! :noidea:

I hate ohio state with a passion.. I was so friggin happy watching those fuckers lose, urban crier. LMFAO
I cheered for MSU yesterday. I will cheer for PSU next Saturday, Go Lions

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake O'Neill washes his hands with chicken grease or something...

I was afraid, after the MSU game, he was going to get the yips. If that was the last time he makes this mistake, I'll be happy.