• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So.......

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think is as much as a pipe dream anymore. We got several huge favors this past weekend. With both Arizona knocking off Utah and Oregon doing the same to Stanford, that guarantees that the Pac-12 champion will have 2 loses. And with Oklahoma beating Baylor, good chance the Big 12 champ will have 1 loses, plus a weak strength of schedule.

So provided OSU beats MSU and run the table, that means in the last 2 weeks would would have beaten 2 top 5 teams, with the others falling off (and maybe Stanford can do us a favor and beat Notre Dame, ensuring they are cleared off the table) I like our chances in that scenario.

So, lots more has changed. Let's take a look at the slate:

Guaranteed losses:

1. Bama/Florida (If Bama loses next week, Ole Miss is in the CCG with a win)
2. ND/Stanford
3. Ok St/OU (loser eliminated)

For Michigan to make it:

1. MSU would have to lose to PSU (MSU eliminated)
2. Michigan beats Ohio st (Ohio st eliminated)
3. Michigan beats Iowa (Iowa eliminated)

That covers the B1G slate, and we would still need some help.

4. Clemson needs to win out (spot #1)
5. Alabama wins out (spot #2)
6. Stanford beats ND (ND eliminated)
7. Stanford loses CCG (Stanford & Pac 12 eliminated)
8. Big 12 learns from it's mistake and crowns one champion this time (yes, I still laugh when I see that commercial about the big 12 having "one true champion" and "determining their champion on the field")

Playoff Spots:
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Winner of the Big 12
4. Michigan

Basically, there is a lot that needs to happen and this situation is not very likely. It is still one heck of a first year and better than any of us expected. Here's to progress. :suds:

Reactions: BUD

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win over Penn State, but what how do we all feel about Ohio State choking against MSU? That to say I don't take some pleasure in that, but..........for Michigan to win the division, we really needed them to win.

So I guess now.......go Penn State?!?! :noidea:

That's true. I asked the many Ohio st fans I worked with if they were going to root for the Spartans because it all but eliminated Michigan from the CCG. (I asked because I work with the fans that give ohio st fans a bad name)

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I asked the many Ohio st fans I worked with if they were going to root for the Spartans because it all but eliminated Michigan from the CCG. (I asked because I work with the fans that give ohio st fans a bad name)

All osu fans have a bad name :heh:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I made a thread named 10-2 :crazy: Michigans run D sucked so bad they looked like a junior college defense. I left my apt when the score was 35-13 :mad: I couldn't take it anymore. Well, lets hope State beats PSU because I don't want to see the suckeyes back in the playoffs :nono:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that just sucked.........
No way to sugar coat that, except for the program is still ahead of schedule. If you had told me pre-season Michigan would be 9-3, I would take it! So here's do the bowl game and a better run with team 137. :suds:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be honest. We didn't beat MSU or OSU so this season meant very little to me. With that said, not the worst 1st year for Harbaugh with a very mediocre recruiting class on limited time. I just hope we take off from here..

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was painful to watch, and unfortunately exactly what I expected. Ohio st did what they should have done all season, rely on talent to beat their opponent. They didn't try to get cute, just line up and play to the other team's weakness (stretch run D).

I said it earlier this year, and i'll reiterate, Ohio st is the same offense as Indiana with much more talent. Both teams ran all over our defense (sans-Glasgow). The difference is Indiana's D was terrible.

All that said, 9-3 is a good season compared to where we were last year and I believe we are headed in the right direction. On the up side, we also picked up a commitment from Jordan Elliott who's a top 50 prospect (DT) according to ESPN. If we can Gary as well, that would be huge for our defense.

wolverlion

Father of 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it looks like we have lost our DC which I was fearing. Let's hope we can find a replacement who can keep the ship right

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we still have Greg Mattison on the staff. Provided that they cannot find another up and coming DC, that isn't a bad backup to have.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB Nation cfb bowl projections has Michigan playing the Gators in the Citrus Bowl. Hmm

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB Nation cfb bowl projections has Michigan playing the Gators in the Citrus Bowl. Hmm

That's funny, both programs have had a solid turnaround with new coaches and seemed to always be mentioned together. If this is how the bowl match ups fall, it will be interesting.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny, both programs have had a solid turnaround with new coaches and seemed to always be mentioned together. If this is how the bowl match ups fall, it will be interesting.

Not to mention our DC came from there and their OC came from Michigan. That storyline would be good if Durkin hadn't left. I started looking at tickets last week for the Citrus. I'd prefer the Outback only because it's closer but I've never been to the Citrus so I'm pretty damn excited either way.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention our DC came from there and their OC came from Michigan. That storyline would be good if Durkin hadn't left. I started looking at tickets last week for the Citrus. I'd prefer the Outback only because it's closer but I've never been to the Citrus so I'm pretty damn excited either way.

I forgot they had Nuss. Durkin sticking around would have made that pretty amusing. Either way, Florida has a ton of talent and it's going to be a fight. What worries me the most is that the game is in Florida.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot they had Nuss. Durkin sticking around would have made that pretty amusing. Either way, Florida has a ton of talent and it's going to be a fight. What worries me the most is that the game is in Florida.

So were the other 2 times we've played them. 2-0!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we match up pretty well with Florida....Both have good defenses, but I think Michigans Offense is better....Florida has a hard time scoring and there FG kicker sucks!......Should be a good one.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little late on this. :suds:41-7 M whipped the Gators butts....... 10-3 Not bad for the Wolverines and their first year coach. GO BLUE

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. Now the SEC is trying to stop Harbaugh from having spring practice in Fla. More bullshit media crap, controversy. I think Harbaugh is going a little overboard with his schemes

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he is going with the mantra that any press coverage is good press coverage.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3