• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who is saltier this morning over KD?

Who is saltier this morning?

• Cleveland fan

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • OKC fan

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my last response to Tharv...why is it okay for a role player but not a star player?
It's kinda obvious WHY....

.....even if I don't necessarily agree with him.

Guys don't want to compete.

They want to tip the scales so far into their direction that winning is a cake walk.

Kerr and Horry helped win. But, it wouldn't have been possible to be in the position to tip the scales had Shaq, Kobe, Duncan not been on those rosters.

Imagine if Prime Dream would have joined the 72 win Bulls....

That's basically what Durant did.

What Horry and Kerr did is more like Gary Payton to the Heat...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who's to say which kind of players can switch to a loaded team, and which can't? nobody told LeBron he couldn't go to Miami because he was a superstar, and they had won a title four years earlier. Who gets to make up the rules that says "players of a certain caliber can't go to certain teams that have won titles within X number of years?"

Durant only did what Lebron did, which was move to a team where he thought he'd have the best chance of winning. It just paid out quicker for KD.
^ This ^

We don't get to decide what these guys do.

But, we can still complain about it....lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda obvious WHY....

.....even if I don't necessarily agree with him.

Guys don't want to compete.

They want to tip the scales so far into their direction that winning is a cake walk.

Kerr and Horry helped win. But, it wouldn't have been possible to be in the position to tip the scales had Shaq, Kobe, Duncan not been on those rosters.

Imagine if Prime Dream would have joined the 72 win Bulls....

That's basically what Durant did.

What Horry and Kerr did is more like Gary Payton to the Heat...

is what it is these days, but yeah, most athletes now are like water. they try to flow down the path of least resistance...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is what it is these days, but yeah, most athletes now are like water. they try to flow down the path of least resistance...
If the rules on free agency and player movement existed back in the day like they do today, a lot of those tough old legends doing it "the hard way" would have joined superteams too. Players do it today because they CAN

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why KD did it perfectly well. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm just old school in wanting superstars to stick with their own teams. I know that's outdated thinking. Honestly, we're only going to see more of it in the future too. Why stick around and struggle on your team when you can join LeBron's team and be guaranteed a spot in the finals, or join the warriors for a paycut and be guaranteed to win a few titles?

The NBA probably needs a franchise tag like the NFL has since single players can so drastically change a team.

I hear ya, but I feel like it's been going on longer than Lebron/Bosh/Wade. I'm sure everyone in the league back in the early 90's would have loved to play alongside MJ, if only the Bulls would have come calling and offered enough cash. I don't know/care enough about the salary caps and all that jazz but money has always had a lot to do with it

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rules on free agency and player movement existed back in the day like they do today, a lot of those tough old legends doing it "the hard way" would have joined superteams too. Players do it today because they CAN

I see I's been ninja'd

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but I feel like it's been going on longer than Lebron/Bosh/Wade. I'm sure everyone in the league back in the early 90's would have loved to play alongside MJ, if only the Bulls would have come calling and offered enough cash. I don't know/care enough about the salary caps and all that jazz but money has always had a lot to do with it

No single player should be responsible for maintaining competitive balance in the league. I can't fault KD for wanting to leave Russ and go to the best workplace available.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Off the top of my head, the first "super team" that was created through free agency was the Celtics with Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen. Even then, those guys were on the later side of their careers, though still clearly good enough to win a title.

The next big one was obviously the Miami squad with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. There wasn't much blowback that I can remember with the Celtics since they were so terrible prior to the move. "The Decision" really tainted the Heat super team for most people...that and how shitty and cocky LeBron and Wade were during those 4 years.

The LaMarcus Aldridge move to the Spurs was supposed to make them incredible, but that hasn't worked out all that well.

And finally the KD to the Warriors move, which aside from "The Decision" has been the highest profile player to make a big move.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head, the first "super team" that was created through free agency was the Celtics with Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen. Even then, those guys were on the later side of their careers, though still clearly good enough to win a title.

The next big one was obviously the Miami squad with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. There wasn't much blowback that I can remember with the Celtics since they were so terrible prior to the move. "The Decision" really tainted the Heat super team for most people...that and how shitty and cocky LeBron and Wade were during those 4 years.

The LaMarcus Aldridge move to the Spurs was supposed to make them incredible, but that hasn't worked out all that well.

And finally the KD to the Warriors move, which aside from "The Decision" has been the highest profile player to make a big move.

Pierce was drafted by the Celtics, and KG and Ray were both traded to Boston.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce was drafted by the Celtics, and KG and Ray were both traded to Boston.

Ok, I knew Pierce was there but couldn't remember how KG and Ray got there.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In truth all true fans should be upset, the overall product was seriously degraded. Nothing good can come from letting the inmates run the asylum.
ooohhh !! I am telling! You can't say that, that is racist!
giphy.gif

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anyone will take KD as a true champion until he leaves and proves he can win with his own team.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anyone will take KD as a true champion until he leaves and proves he can win with his own team.

Including himself.