• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who is saltier this morning over KD?

Who is saltier this morning?

• Cleveland fan

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • OKC fan

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In truth all true fans should be upset, the overall product was seriously degraded. Nothing good can come from letting the inmates run the asylum.
Honestly, this isn't even as bad as the Lakers vs. New Jersey.

These games have been competitive, even if the outcome is not in doubt.

The Nets back to back was the WORST.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In truth all true fans should be upset, the overall product was seriously degraded. Nothing good can come from letting the inmates run the asylum.

This is absolutely false. The NBA has always been a league where 2-3 teams at most have a real chance at a title. Some seasons, it's one team and a couple with a punchers chance.

In the 80's, it was the Lakers or Celtics for the entire decade (with a cameo by the Sixers), in the 90's, teams from either conference had a punchers chance at best vs. MJ's Bulls.

In the early 2000's it was pretty much the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and everyone else. Their only true challengers were the Spurs and Kings.

Now we have the Warriors and some teams with a punchers chance at best.

Yet somehow, the league manages to keep growing in popularity.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is absolutely false. The NBA has always been a league where 2-3 teams at most have a real chance at a title. Some seasons, it's one team and a couple with a punchers chance.

In the 80's, it was the Lakers or Celtics for the entire decade (with a cameo by the Sixers), in the 90's, teams from either conference had a punchers chance at best vs. MJ's Bulls.

In the early 2000's it pretty much the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and everyone else. Their only true challenges were the Spurs and Kings.

Now we have the Warriors and some teams with a punchers chance at best.

Yet somehow, the league manages to keep growing in popularity.
The only thing growing more rapidly is OKC fans butthurt. @gohusk said it well in the Finals thread, I'm starting to feel like a Patriots fan. Let the haters hate, I don't give a fuck.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing growing more rapidly is OKC fans butthurt. @gohusk said it well in the Finals thread, I'm starting to feel like a Patriots fan. Let the haters hate, I don't give a fuck.

Exactly. Some folks act like this is a new thing and is never going to end. Every teams time at the top ends. It's just a question of how long it takes.

The Warriors time at the top will eventually end, just like the Showtime Lakers, Birds Celtics, MJ's Bulls and the Shaq/Kobe Lakers did.

As a fan, all you can do is enjoy your teams time at the top while it lasts and hope it's not too long before you get another run.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody puts Melo in the corner, because he will take a bad shot.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstacked the team stacker....lol

Maybe he was talking about finals losses?

CFiXTSjWIAAPGTt.jpg

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how well he plays or how many titles he wins, it was the ultimate in bitch moves to go to the warriors. How he got there should never be forgotten.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how well he plays or how many titles he wins, it was the ultimate in bitch moves to go to the warriors. How he got there should never be forgotten.

I guess he should have hosted an hour-long show on ESPN explaining where he was going?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he should have hosted an hour-long show on ESPN explaining where he was going?

He's not the first to form a super team.

He is the first to go to a super team that had already won a championship tho.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly, it will be.

It might take a decade to lessen the scorn.

But, it will happen eventually and he will be remembered as a winner.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the first to form a super team.

He is the first to go to a super team that had already won a championship tho.

Robert Horry says "check out my fist full of rings"

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Horry says "check out my fist full of rings"

Sorry, I was talking about super stars. Horry was a nice contributing player, but that's it.

KD is a legit super star and probably a top5 player in the league, and he left to join the most talented team in the league so he could win easy rings. They had already been to 2 straight finals and won one of them. Now the league is broken and the only way anyone ever wins a title outside of Golden State is if they get a ton of injuries or their guys age/leave.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly, it will be.

It might take a decade to lessen the scorn.

But, it will happen eventually and he will be remembered as a winner.

Most likely. He's a great player. By all accounts he's a good dude and he's certainly carrying his weight over there, but I'll never root for the guy because I think he took the easy way out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely. He's a great player. By all accounts he's a good dude and he's certainly carrying his weight over there, but I'll never root for the guy because I think he took the easy way out.

I get it and you aren't alone.

It doesn't bother me as much.

But, I understand why it bothers others.
:suds:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it and you aren't alone.

It doesn't bother me as much.

But, I understand why it bothers others.
:suds:

To be fair, "The Decision" bothered the hell out of me too. I rooted against Miami every season.

Now, I root against the current super team.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I was talking about super stars. Horry was a nice contributing player, but that's it.

KD is a legit super star and probably a top5 player in the league, and he left to join the most talented team in the league so he could win easy rings. They had already been to 2 straight finals and won one of them. Now the league is broken and the only way anyone ever wins a title outside of Golden State is if they get a ton of injuries or their guys age/leave.

But who's to say which kind of players can switch to a loaded team, and which can't? nobody told LeBron he couldn't go to Miami because he was a superstar, and they had won a title four years earlier. Who gets to make up the rules that says "players of a certain caliber can't go to certain teams that have won titles within X number of years?"

Durant only did what Lebron did, which was move to a team where he thought he'd have the best chance of winning. It just paid out quicker for KD.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who's to say which kind of players can switch to a loaded team, and which can't? nobody told LeBron he couldn't go to Miami because he was a superstar, and they had won a title four years earlier. Who gets to make up the rules that says "players of a certain caliber can't go to certain teams that have won titles within X number of years?"

Durant only did what Lebron did, which was move to a team where he thought he'd have the best chance of winning. It just paid out quicker for KD.

I understand why KD did it perfectly well. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm just old school in wanting superstars to stick with their own teams. I know that's outdated thinking. Honestly, we're only going to see more of it in the future too. Why stick around and struggle on your team when you can join LeBron's team and be guaranteed a spot in the finals, or join the warriors for a paycut and be guaranteed to win a few titles?

The NBA probably needs a franchise tag like the NFL has since single players can so drastically change a team.