• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so which qb do you take at number one?

who did they trade up for?

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take Wentz if you are the Rams. And I bet they do.

But why? Goff is the more pro ready of the two, has played for a major university so the transition won't be as harsh, has the more proven arm of the two, and has a lot less chance of busting in my opinion.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff... I'm not buying into the Wentz hype train. Kid has decent upside, but the transition to the NFL is going to be rough for him. The jump in speed alone from FBS to NFL is enough to throw plenty of college stars into the dumpster, and this kid played in the lesser FCS. What concerns me the most about him is his tendency to hold onto the ball while loading up (almost freezes at times) and he waists time in the pocket. He got away with it in the FCS, but the NFL will eat him alive.

Not sayin Wentz isn't 1st round material, but I just don't think he's better than Goff.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take Wentz if you are the Rams. And I bet they do.
I actually think Goff is the better fit for the Rams but Wentz is the better fit for a team like the Cowboys who already have a structure in place for a QB to succeed down the line.

I think Wentz could have a lot of the same growing pains as Bortles and Carr while Goff is more in line with Bridgewater. Bridgewater might be the 3rd best option of the bunch 3 years from now but he has been the most effective of the 3 to this date.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff... I'm not buying into the Wentz hype train. Kid has decent upside, but the transition to the NFL is going to be rough for him. The jump in speed alone from FBS to NFL is enough to throw plenty of college stars into the dumpster, and this kid played in the lesser FCS. What concerns me the most about him is his tendency to hold onto the ball while loading up (almost freezes at times) and he waists time in the pocket. He got away with it in the FCS, but the NFL will eat him alive.

Not sayin Wentz isn't 1st round material, but I just don't think he's better than Goff.

Where did Joe Flacco go to college, again?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Goff is the better fit for the Rams but Wentz is the better fit for a team like the Cowboys who already have a structure in place for a QB to succeed down the line.

I think Wentz could have a lot of the same growing pains as Bortles and Carr while Goff is more in line with Bridgewater. Bridgewater might be the 3rd best option of the bunch 3 years from now but he has been the most effective of the 3 to this date.

I like Goff better than Bridgewater and think he will be a better QB.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz could amount to Flacco in a couple years... But that isn't sayin much lol

Not that Flacco is great, but I'd bet that whoever takes Wentz would love it if he ended up a SB winning QB like Joe.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like the same stuff said about Ben

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Flacco is great, but I'd bet that whoever takes Wentz would love it if he ended up a SB winning QB like Joe.
Well obviously... Straight out of college Flacco's saving grace was his deep ball, however inaccurate it was at the time. He has gotten better at locating it, but he still often leaves it to his receivers to make the play instead of hitting them in stride. But Flacco had better speed in his setup & delivery, which Wentz does not. If Wentz can adjust to making quicker decisions then he could easily be the better choice in this draft.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the same stuff said about Ben
Definitely when talking about holding onto the ball too long. But Ben's ability to make plays on the move sets him apart. Not to mention the bigger arm & accuracy down the field. Ben's a magician.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely when talking about holding onto the ball too long. But Ben's ability to make plays on the move sets him apart. Not to mention the bigger arm & accuracy down the field. Ben's a magician.
My point is Ben came from the same college level as Wentz is. To me Wentz has Ben written all over him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is Ben came from the same college level as Wentz is. To me Wentz has Ben written all over him.
Fair point. I still have my doubts about Wentz's timing ability. But I've been wrong many times before! :suds:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why? Goff is the more pro ready of the two, has played for a major university so the transition won't be as harsh, has the more proven arm of the two, and has a lot less chance of busting in my opinion.

He played at Cal and ran the air raid. The jump is going to just as big as a FCS player jumping to the pros.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to walterfootball.com, the Rams are all hyped up on Wentz.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first thing out of Charger fans mouth after hearing about this trade: We just landed Tunsil!
I'd rather have Ramsey or Buckner over Tunsil, the only part of the OL that needs a new starter on it is the center. Tunsil would help for depth and with the injuries the Chargers have had the last couple years it'd be great to have, but a playmaker in the secondary or someone who can help the pass rush and the run defense is a bigger need.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wrong before too... I did like Ben more than Eli and Rivers.

That isn't considered wrong. I don't think there is a sane, competent guy in football that would take those two over Big Ben.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't considered wrong. I don't think there is a sane, competent guy in football that would take those two over Big Ben.
That wasn't the wrong part. Leaf was WAY WRONG. I threw the Ben comment in because we're talking Wentz Vs. Goff, it has the same arguments.