• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So which hole do we try to fill with our top 5 pick at the end of the year?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette about it.

The guy is a beast. Doesn't matter that the LSU passing attack is horrid. Fournette can't be contained.

Stafford is a more than adequate starting QB if the Lions had a top 10 rushing attack. We are kidding ourselves if we think defenses are game planning specially for Abdullah, Joique, or Riddick. Fournette may be the next Adrian Peterson. Take Fournette and let him make big plays.
He's only a Sophomore.

We'd have to go all Celtics with Larry Bird to take him this year.

I'm not against it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette about it.

Now THAT is a guy who you can give the ball to 20-25 times a game and he will punish defenses. A guy his size, runs a 4.3 AND just to make sure he fits the criteria for a Lions draft pick. He is a high character guy too.

If Fournette’s physical talents sound too good to be true, wait, because there’s more.

After being named Prep Player of the Year by the Greater New Orleans Quarterback Club on Dec. 16, Fournette turned and presented the award to a former rival, East Jefferson High quarterback Eugene Wells.

Fournette said the guy deserved the trophy, as he led his team to their 1st state championship and first undefeated season in 60 years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd still need an Oline to be better than what it currently is in run blocking in order for Fournette to excel at the pro level (at least if he was a Lion). JMO.

Defenses would be stacking the box to stop him and let's face it, this Oline has had too many problems trying to open up running lanes.

This is not to disrespect Four-Train by any stretch of the imagination. He has the lateral speed needed at the NFL level not to mention the power and strength that could be easily compared to AP.

No need to discuss how a single high safety on CJ would help our offense and take away 1 more defensive player.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses would be stacking the box to stop him and let's face it, this Oline has had too many problems trying to open up running lanes.

That is perfect -- then it is man coverage outside and we throw the ball. Much better than safeties sitting 20+ yards down field.

This past game was one of the first times we haven't had team dropping safeties and the Lions were able to throw some balls down field. I'm sure it will be back to the same in the next game, but imagine having a real running back and what that would do for us.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I have seen ever so slight upticks with blocking from this OLine beginning with the Seattle game. There have been quite a bit of hits that Staff has taken the last two games but all in all, the Oline is beginning to look a little better. It makes me question as to why the hell Zenner hasn't be used much more. He has more power than AA but you still need some running lanes.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Oline is beginning to look a little better.

I agree, they actually were able to give Stafford some time yesterday to throw down field. I think the one exception to this is the RT. Good lord -- Waddle was embarrassed a couple times yesterday. 92 on the Bears ran him completely over on one play.

I think if we drafted a really good LT and moved Reiff to RT -- we could have a really good line.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle was embarrassed a couple times yesterday

Ask Von Miller what he thinks about Waddle. This goes to Thunder also when he stated yesterday that this Oline isn't really all that bad outside of the occasional Waddle being blown up. It's more than occasional, IMO.

:suds:

sorry Thunder in advance but get UR head out of all that Vegas pootie-tang and come to the realization that any of our RT's just are NFL starting caliber. :thumb:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone in here notice that when the Lions play a 3-4 defense (GB, Pit, NE, AZ, Den), Stafford struggles more against those schemes than a 4-3 ? Historically speaking while Stafford has been here.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone in here notice that when the Lions play a 3-4 defense (GB, Pit, NE, AZ, Den), Stafford struggles more against those schemes than a 4-3 ? Historically speaking while Stafford has been here.

More reads necessary with a 3-4. Not his strong suit.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other guy I watched in the game who looked unstoppable was Corey Coleman. Never really paid attention to Baylor, but any guy who has 16 td receptions thru 6 games and can run and juke like he can, can play for my team.

He looks like the best player I've seen in college so far. He's like a bigger O'dell Beckham. If someone wants CJ for a first rounder. I'd be happy to take that dude.

Only issue is we need a new QB who is accurate to get him the ball.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to discuss how a single high safety on CJ would help our offense and take away 1 more defensive player.

What about the two or three defenders they will need to cover Ebron?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More reads necessary with a 3-4. Not his strong suit.

Speaking of reading. One thing I will say somewhere along the way Lombardi and Cooter do have him doing is going through his reads. He really has not been radar locked at all this year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone wants CJ for a first rounder.

tbh, I just don't see that happening anymore outside of some zany or quirky GM being stupid. CJ has lost a step and those drops are coming more and more.

I'd honestly settle with a 2nd and following year conditional 4th or 5th or even just the 2nd just to get that contract off the books. The only guaranteed money he has left at the moment is bonus money. No base salary is guaranteed anymore, which quite honestly would make for a more easy sign amd trade.

Why be greedy at this juncture. he could easily blow out his knee or any have any other career ending injury at this point.

There are numerous teams who have won a superbowl without having a 6'5" 240 lb. WR. I'm not naming them all even with all mention the last 15 years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to run though. You are in no danger of me running.

I'm still running from away from you. just for my safety. besides, you throw around 17 lb. plates all day long, so I got one shot, then I'm gunna skedaddle.