• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So when a panther and a lion fights - who wins?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Not for nuthin but what the hell are we going to do about Megatron???

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as coverage almost all of our DB's are 6' or better. The best thing we can do is get after and stay after Stafford. Keep hitting him and force him into mistakes so he can't get the ball to Megatron.

What I'm concerned about is their DB's should be use to, from practice, covering a big & fast WR. This should be a great test for Benjamin. Also, blocking out Suh could be a challenge.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that they were hurting at DB. I'm looking for about 375 from Cam this week.
They will try and take away either 13 or 88 from the pass attack. We need Cotchery to step up. Also if it looks like we can pass protect I would like to see them put Philly in for a play or two and stretch the field.
I do not think we will be able to keep the score down unless we totally rattle Stafford. I'm thinking we will need 24 or more to win.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotchery caught 4 for 32 yards last game. If Detroit zeros in on Benjamin, Cotchery should have a good game.

It's kind of funny, after we lost/let go of our entire receiving corps from last year, Rivera said we needed the new WR's to get 11 catches a game. Against Tampa, the WR's had 11 catches.

Detroit is hurting for some proven DB depth. Their #3 CB tore his ACL and is out for the season. They had Drayton Florence in the preseason but cut him.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wishes we still had SS but part of me knows that there were too many times that Cam tried to force the ball into him and I can't help but think it was because SS demanded the ball.

We are good at receiver and I do agree with Rivera....You do not necessarily have to have a #1 receiver in order to enjoy success. Having said that, I do believe that time will show that we drafted one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno i disagreeBalljim55, i think if we had SS and Benjamin then we would be able to have a more balenced passing attack along with Olsen of course. i think it would be more dynamic.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotchery caught 4 for 32 yards last game. If Detroit zeros in on Benjamin, Cotchery should have a good game.

It's kind of funny, after we lost/let go of our entire receiving corps from last year, Rivera said we needed the new WR's to get 11 catches a game. Against Tampa, the WR's had 11 catches.

Detroit is hurting for some proven DB depth. Their #3 CB tore his ACL and is out for the season. They had Drayton Florence in the preseason but cut him.

Riveria is right, when everything goes right. however if we fall behind like last year or Defence has a bad day, we are not equiped to really make those comebacks or pick up the defence.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for Megatron, dont forget Bush and Tate can kill you too. i really dont like our secondary matching up we need consistant preasure on Stafford to make him make mistakes and get his rythm off,

Suh and Ansah can be a problem for our Line if we have to do deep drops cause we struggle to run and have third and longs... staying out of those is extremly important...

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
There is no question that the Detroit game is fraught with peril. (I had to look up how to spell fraught but its a word I seldom use so I had to throw it in....)

another worry is that Cam has had very little time to work with this group of receivers in live scrimmage much less a real game. Timing is bound to be an issue initially but we have to test these corners.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no question that the Detroit game is fraught with peril. (I had to look up how to spell fraught but its a word I seldom use so I had to throw it in....)

another worry is that Cam has had very little time to work with this group of receivers in live scrimmage much less a real game. Timing is bound to be an issue initially but we have to test these corners.

This worries me a bit, too. He might get off to a slow start, couple that with a quick start from Detroit, and now we're playing catch-up. Gotta protect Cam, and he's gotta learn to throw the ball away.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this game, the more I believe the key matchup will be our Guards vs. their DT's. Detroit gets almost all of it's QB pressure from their DT's. I'm not too worried about Kalil, he's one of if not the best center in the NFL. This will be an amazing test for Silatolu and we might need to start Velasco instead of Turner again. Velasco has the experience. Fortunately for us, our Guards practice against some very good DT's as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about this game, the more I believe the key matchup will be our Guards vs. their DT's. Detroit gets almost all of it's QB pressure from their DT's. I'm not too worried about Kalil, he's one of if not the best center in the NFL. This will be an amazing test for Silatolu and we might need to start Velasco instead of Turner again. Velasco has the experience. Fortunately for us, our Guards practice against some very good DT's as well.

I don't know, Ansah led there team in sacks last year. would have had more than 8 if he hadnt got hurt. our guards i do not believe are good enough. we are going to have to help them out a little