• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what do you really want in this draft?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the problem with taking small School guys. Is it ideal? No, but to write a guy off because he is from a small School is like writing a guy off for any other ONE reason - speed, height, etc. Every player has a box that they don't get an A+ in. You need to take the guy that is the best overall player and accept there may be something about him you might not like.

I agree I'm really talking about drafting a TE, but I do support Arlington's over all Idea. There are many HOFers who come from small Schools including one Jerry Rice who I believe is the greatest football player to live; however, Outside of Demarcus Ware.... JJ every season drafts one of these guys and he's a big fat zero. Making things worse he'll draft a guy from a small school who was a QB and try and play him at wr :L. So I don't have a problem with small school guys, but JJ has proven that he's not good at finding those gems.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seastrunnk could fall past the 3rd round. I said I like Marqise Lee as a player. We need to have a plan b in case certain players are gone when we are on the clock. One also needs to think of the future. We may not extend Murray. We may not extend Free. Dez Bryant seems to have some back issues for a young guy. Dropping down in the draft and bypassing good players is Jerrahs MO and it is the main reason we have sucked for so long.

I'm not arguing with you, the guy that said this is:

"I am going to be annoyed if we take a receiver or TE in the 1st four rounds "

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::agree: Use the whole draft on DT, DE and linebackers. Only way I'll be excited for next year if that is done and proving to me they are serious for the future. Oops, Jerry has final say, what am I talking about.

Quit bullshitting everyone. If the draft went exactly the way you want it, you would still find a reason to say the Sky is falling & no need to root for the boys! You sir, will never be happy. The only thing that makes you happy is being unhappy about the Cowboys!

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish list for the first three picks are DT, S & DE. Not necessarily that order, but I think DT & FS need to be the first two picks. We'll still be able to get a DE that fits the MK/RM mold for DE in the 3rd round (Marcus Smith?).

After that, I'd like to get a RB, CB, OLB, and either a college OT that can play both RT or RG, or a new utility guy like Dwayne Harris. I like Harris, I just want more of him. I want him on offense more, but I fear that would abuse him too much. My favorites at these positions for the third day of the draft are: RB Charles Sims, WV; CB Stanley Jen-Baptiste, Neb; OLB Boseko Lokombo Ore; and Utility Dri Archer, Kent State.

This draft seems to hit our needs very well, so we should be able to fill our needs adequately. We can probably hit on some depth building guys after the draft as well, (esp. WR & OL). I'd like to bring in a couple QBs too like Kenny Guiton OSU and Keith Price UW.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish list for the first three picks are DT, S & DE. Not necessarily that order, but I think DT & FS need to be the first two picks. We'll still be able to get a DE that fits the MK/RM mold for DE in the 3rd round (Marcus Smith?).

After that, I'd like to get a RB, CB, OLB, and either a college OT that can play both RT or RG, or a new utility guy like Dwayne Harris. I like Harris, I just want more of him. I want him on offense more, but I fear that would abuse him too much. My favorites at these positions for the third day of the draft are: RB Charles Sims, WV; CB Stanley Jen-Baptiste, Neb; OLB Boseko Lokombo Ore; and Utility Dri Archer, Kent State.

This draft seems to hit our needs very well, so we should be able to fill our needs adequately. We can probably hit on some depth building guys after the draft as well, (esp. WR & OL). I'd like to bring in a couple QBs too like Kenny Guiton OSU and Keith Price UW.

welcome husker

what took you so long?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When looking back at the defenses before we went to the 3-4 we always seemed to have smaller linebacker that could cover tightends. There are 3 interesting ones in this draft. Cj mosely,ryan cazier and telvin smith. The best playmaking safety I see is joyner. I would not be surprised if someone takes joyner in the 1st round

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are meeting with Johnny football.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome husker

what took you so long?

Ha, I took a hard look at how much time I was killing on the old board. I didn't feel like I should keep jeopardizing my employment, so I took some time away. I would check in and lurk on here from time to time to read up on things. I think there's enough people here who share similar views on things as I do. I don't think you'll see me post on here much, but I am here to some extent.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I took a hard look at how much time I was killing on the old board. I didn't feel like I should keep jeopardizing my employment, so I took some time away. I would check in and lurk on here from time to time to read up on things. I think there's enough people here who share similar views on things as I do. I don't think you'll see me post on here much, but I am here to some extent.

understandable.....

I tend to agree with DT and safety in rounds one and two but wouldn't bitch if Kony Ealy was the pick.
I've been all over Donald and Hageman but still think Jernigan could step in and be special if he's motivated to do so. Still look to steal another Dt in like round 5 for a Will Sutton like player.

I thought it was interesting that Mayock said Pryor was more the in the box type safety while Dix was more the complete safety. I had Pryor as the better centerfielder type. He also said Jimmie Ward from Northern Illinois was his favorite safety and a second round pick while I was high on taking Lamarcus Joyner in the second to play safety and the slot in dime packages.

as the wind blows I suppose or perhaps onward through the fog.
:suds:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use every draft pick on the defensive line and line backers. We only have one linebacker and he only plays half a season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Justin Gilbert play zone? It would be hard to pass on him if we go BPA. Claiborne and Carr sucked last season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way. Which of the following is better if the draft picks work out:

Option 1: The current DL; Current Safeties; Gilbert and Scandrick starting at CB; Carr as the nickel; Claiborne not playing at all.

Option 2: A new starter at DL or safety; Carr and Scandrick at CB; Claiborne as the nickel;

I don't see how picking CB at #16 is smart for us, but I certainly don't make the decisions. I strongly believe that our corners can be better than NFL average this year. Our safeties and DL need a serious upgrade as of today. Claiborne needs to get healthy and Carr needs to be used right. They also need better safeties around them and a better pass rush in front of them, which is where I would direct my draft picks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way. Which of the following is better if the draft picks work out:

Option 1: The current DL; Current Safeties; Gilbert and Scandrick starting at CB; Carr as the nickel; Claiborne not playing at all.

Option 2: A new starter at DL or safety; Carr and Scandrick at CB; Claiborne as the nickel;

I don't see how picking CB at #16 is smart for us, but I certainly don't make the decisions. I strongly believe that our corners can be better than NFL average this year. Our safeties and DL need a serious upgrade as of today. Claiborne needs to get healthy and Carr needs to be used right. They also need better safeties around them and a better pass rush in front of them, which is where I would direct my draft picks.

Picking a CB at 16 with our DL and S needs is simply idiotic.