• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what do you really want in this draft?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know majority are going to say this position or this player .....

I do have guys I want in this draft.....

But what I am hoping for .... I don't want ANY SUPERSTAR draft pick. If a guy comes here and becomes one ... hell I'm fine with that.

I want some solid core football players. To actually be the foundation of this team.

Tired of hearing about pro bowls ... tired of hearing 40 times ... tired of hearing about potential ....

Linemen Linebackers and Safeties ......

I dont want any other position before the 5th

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know majority are going to say this position or this player .....

I do have guys I want in this draft.....

But what I am hoping for .... I don't want ANY SUPERSTAR draft pick. If a guy comes here and becomes one ... hell I'm fine with that.

I want some solid core football players. To actually be the foundation of this team.

Tired of hearing about pro bowls ... tired of hearing 40 times ... tired of hearing about potential ....

Linemen Linebackers and Safeties ......

I dont want any other position before the 5th

Agree with DL, LB, and S, but if there are none of value when we pick I would be OK with an G or OT. Not the biggest need but if the value is too much to ignore we cannot exclude them automatically.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with DL, LB, and S, but if there are none of value when we pick I would be OK with an G or OT. Not the biggest need but if the value is too much to ignore we cannot exclude them automatically.

LOL I said linemen not D-lineman ....

I wouldnt be happy with an O-lineman early but I could accept it ....

I dont want any Qb Cb Wr or Rb ( damn sure not a TE either)

meat and potatoes draft ..... and dont give a fuck who falls

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I said linemen not D-lineman ....

I wouldnt be happy with an O-lineman early but I could accept it ....

I dont want any Qb Cb Wr or Rb ( damn sure not a TE either)

meat and potatoes draft ..... and dont give a fuck who falls

Sorry. Didn't read close enough. I took linemen as DT and/or DE. And yes an early QB WR RB TE will piss me off. I may be OK with a 4th Rd CB but it's not on my wish list.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell ya a country boy trick about how we see football ...

See football is like an apple. Can look perfect and pretty ....
Take a bite out of it .... or cut a slice off .... if a worm has hit the core .... the apple isnt worth a shit.

Now some people will cut slices around the worm rot .... Which is what Jerry does ...
But it's still a wasted apple.

In other words without that core / foundation ..... you dont have much if anything at all

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell ya a country boy trick about how we see football ...

See football is like an apple. Can look perfect and pretty ....
Take a bite out of it .... or cut a slice off .... if a worm has hit the core .... the apple isnt worth a shit.

Now some people will cut slices around the worm rot .... Which is what Jerry does ...
But it's still a wasted apple.

In other words without that core / foundation ..... you dont have much if anything at all

Build from the inside out is and has been my motto for decades. Just another reason I'd take a DT over S in the first if all is equal.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with either of you guys' view point on how the raft should go; I personally would like to see us take a corner in the 3rd round if one is there. I personally think we or very weak at corner and it seems like we don't have any db's who knows how to make plays on the ball.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with either of you guys' view point on how the raft should go; I personally would like to see us take a corner in the 3rd round if one is there. I personally think we or very weak at corner and it seems like we don't have any db's who knows how to make plays on the ball.

I agree. Good corners are always in demand

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgetting individual players I'd love to come out of this draft with some of these things and roughly in the order of how I see the need:
a starting FS with range and ball skills
a starting DT - Either a pass rushing DE or a 3 tech
Another rotational DL - if starter, fantastic, but has to at least see some snaps every week
At least one OT or G - not necessarily a starter for this year, but a starter within a couiple of years
A CB that can play if needed and help us, not hurt us
Another front 7 guy to get some rotational snaps if needed
A QB to sit on the bench and be good enough for us to cut Orton and save money by next year
A WR to earn a roster spot or at least practice squad - preferably a guy with some size

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why I don't want a corner in the 3rd

One of two players should be there for us in the 3rd

Martin (DE) or Jones ( Olber) both I think would help this team more

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want no fucking TE and no small school projects. Let's draft players that produced against the top competition. Players that I like and think may be good fits for the defense: Donald,Joyner,Telvin Smith,Jernigan,Pryor,Tuitt, Kareem Martin on offense Lewan,Marqise Lee,Seasrtunk, Seastrunk would be a major upgrade over Randle. Lewan and smith would be a great foundation. I am kind of thinking that Jerrah is going to targe rushert Donald or Tuitt in the 1st round. I know they wants a pass rusher at the 3 tech and Donald or tuitt is that guy

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind that big corner from Nebraska. Baptiste. I do think Joyner is a playmaker and would not min him in the 2nd round. I think we have to go DL twice in the first 3 rounds. I am going to be annoyed if we take a receiver or TE in the 1st four rounds

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I want no fucking TE and no small school projects. Let's draft players that produced against the top competition. ArlingtonCowboys" I have never agreed with you more.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind that big corner from Nebraska. Baptiste. I do think Joyner is a playmaker and would not min him in the 2nd round. I think we have to go DL twice in the first 3 rounds. I am going to be annoyed if we take a receiver or TE in the 1st four rounds
I like Joyner he's short even for a CB. I wouldn't take him in the second even though he's a 2nd rnd talent.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want no fucking TE and no small school projects. Let's draft players that produced against the top competition. Players that I like and think may be good fits for the defense: Donald,Joyner,Telvin Smith,Jernigan,Pryor,Tuitt, Kareem Martin on offense Lewan,Marqise Lee,Seasrtunk, Seastrunk would be a major upgrade over Randle. Lewan and smith would be a great foundation. I am kind of thinking that Jerrah is going to targe rushert Donald or Tuitt in the 1st round. I know they wants a pass rusher at the 3 tech and Donald or tuitt is that guy

What round do you think Seastrunk goes in? 3rd? Is it really smart for us to use an early pick like that on a RB? We have a top 10 RB in the league and we have a great change of pace type back. Plus, who knows if Randle steps up a little. We don't need him to be great, just a backup. I would be pretty upset if we used and early pick at RB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet you just listed a WR that will go in the first round as a player you want two posts up?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I want no fucking TE and no small school projects. Let's draft players that produced against the top competition. ArlingtonCowboys" I have never agreed with you more.

I never understood the problem with taking small School guys. Is it ideal? No, but to write a guy off because he is from a small School is like writing a guy off for any other ONE reason - speed, height, etc. Every player has a box that they don't get an A+ in. You need to take the guy that is the best overall player and accept there may be something about him you might not like.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st 3 rounds - defense, defense, defense

after that BPA

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seastrunnk could fall past the 3rd round. I said I like Marqise Lee as a player. We need to have a plan b in case certain players are gone when we are on the clock. One also needs to think of the future. We may not extend Murray. We may not extend Free. Dez Bryant seems to have some back issues for a young guy. Dropping down in the draft and bypassing good players is Jerrahs MO and it is the main reason we have sucked for so long.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st 3 rounds - defense, defense, defense

after that BPA
:agree::agree: Use the whole draft on DT, DE and linebackers. Only way I'll be excited for next year if that is done and proving to me they are serious for the future. Oops, Jerry has final say, what am I talking about.