• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, we didn't lose this week!

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(bye)

So, we're starting to see whats what. As often happens, some teams get ranked too high. Has happened to our Sooners often. We tend to not live up to preseason hype. We do better when nobody expects anything. At this point, we have lost two games(albeit to #2 and #6) which realistically puts us out of contention for playoffs. A B12 title is still possible if we right the ship. A decent bowl perhaps.

BU has played one game and three scimmages, so not sure who they are yet. They did take care of Okie lt last night.

TCU sits behind BU for now. They lost to Ark, who lost to aTm last night. Really the only game they've played so far, so don't know.

WV has played one game, barely beating BYU. Once again, not sure who they are.

K St has played Stanford, and lost. They kept it within 2 scores.

UT is a question. After week one, thought they were going to be pretty good. However, ND isn't really that good we've learned, so that win really is meaningless. they lose to unranked Cal and looked awful, so perhaps UT isn't really that good.

Okie lt they should be 3-1, as the CMU game was taken away. However, CMU should've not been in that game, so there's that. The one tough game, BU, Okie lt loses.

TT, KU and ISU...who cares?

My gut tells me we lose at least one or two more this year. Not sure who to. I hope to hell we don't lose back to back in the RRR. I'm not basing my thoughts on the two losses, as UH and tOSU are both very good teams, but on how we've looked. Perine seems to not be 100% so far this season. Not sure if its mental or physical. Baker looks like he is trying to do too much. We haven't figured out who our clucth WR is yet. Andrews seems to be our safest outlet. Mixon has become our RB#1. On D, we're in trouble. We have one ok side at DB, and the other is porous. We have no depth. I think we'll be lucky to get 8 wins this year.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BU has played one game and three scimmages, so not sure who they are yet. They did take care of Okie lt last night.

So, BU getting blasted by ISU after beating Okie lt last week.
Okie lt up by 15 over UT presently.
TT beat up KU last night, although took awhile for TT to get it going.

Most would agree the B12 isn't great this season, so maybe OU has a chance to be more than mediocre! :heh:

TexomaSooner

TexomaSooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there Boomer! I was checking out the Sooner Forum and this thread and noticed you're a fellow north Texan. Over the years I've learned there are a great number of Sooner fans south of the Red River.

I agree the Big-12 is having a 'down' year unlike a few years back when there were 4 or 5 B12 teams in the top 10 or top 15. As for the Sooners, I am completely at a loss as to why OU's defense is so weak, and especially why it has no depth. I was under the impression that the last few recruiting classes were fairly good, and relatively loaded with defensive secondary players.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there Boomer! I was checking out the Sooner Forum and this thread and noticed you're a fellow north Texan. Over the years I've learned there are a great number of Sooner fans south of the Red River.

I agree the Big-12 is having a 'down' year unlike a few years back when there were 4 or 5 B12 teams in the top 10 or top 15. As for the Sooners, I am completely at a loss as to why OU's defense is so weak, and especially why it has no depth. I was under the impression that the last few recruiting classes were fairly good, and relatively loaded with defensive secondary players.

Im in North Texas as well. McKinney.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Stoops time has passed. He doesn't know how to defend against the current O's. And I am in Keller, TX.