• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So OU fans, what now?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't want anyone unless it was all 4...on their terms.

I hear 3 were on board...one wasn't.

Keep thinking you're irreplacable.

Your network really isn't worth that much...you know that right? I mean, you goatskinners have had WAY more money FOREVER.

What you have to show for it?

Nobody is begging for shit you dramatic buffoon! LOL!

Keep trying to spin it......They turned you down because they couldn't get US.

You lose. Now you have to come begging back after talking all that smack.......Texas is your daddy, get used to it kid. NOTHING is stopping the PAC from taking you right now!

They don't want you.......they want Texas. That HAS to hurt your little ego, and we all KNOW what it did to Boren.......

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cite.

Gimme a quote or something where LS says "THE PAC 12 DOESN't WANT OKLAHOMA". Was a 4 team deal dumbass.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

There was no 4 team package, LINK to where that was EVER mentioned.

Texas spent the entire time trying to talk OU out of trying to get into the PAC. And then there's this little gem from an article YOU posted last week:

There is growing sentiment in Pac-12 circles that it would be difficult to accept the Oklahoma universities, but it is difficult to underestimate the persuasive powers of Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott.

Academically, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State lag far behind top Pac-12 universities like Stanford, California, U.C.L.A., U.S.C. and Washington. Last year, when the Pac-12 presidents were discussing expansion, they took a sour attitude toward Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, which were viewed as a necessary evil for Texas’ potential admission.

ANd of course, Scott's OWN WORDS TODAY:

"Oklahoma and Oklahoma State alone didn't make sense to us at the time"

There is no affirmative statement that they WANT OU.......it's that they DON"T want OU. And the rest of the conference only sees you as a necessary evil to get Texas.

Sucks to be you.

LMAO

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our ego dominates WHATEVER conference we're in.

Peep that.

I personally don't care where we go, as long as you punks are in the rear view mirror.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our ego dominates WHATEVER conference we're in.

Peep that.

I personally don't care where we go, as long as you punks are in the rear view mirror.

OU has a great program. But I tried to tell you before, do NOT underestimate the academic snobs of the Pac 12! But of course, you never listen to me......and now you look pretty foolish right now.

You guys got two choices......cozy up to Dodds and hopes he brings you along (and stop complaining about the LHN) or hope you can repair the bridge you burned with the SEC

So far this YEAR you've been turned down by both the PAC and the Big 10.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The Pac-12 wasn't going to dismiss a possible pod-system of four four-team subdivisions for scheduling purposes, but wouldn't agree to giving Texas favored treatment. Texas has its own network, the Longhorn Network, which is operated by ESPN. If Texas supported equal revenue sharing, then that would have meant more regional networks for the Pac-12 and even more money. But Texas wasn't willing to do that, according to the source.

Pac-12 Conference decides it won't expand further - ESPN

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has a great program. But I tried to tell you before, do NOT underestimate the academic snobs of the Pac 12! But of course, you never listen to me......and now you look pretty foolish right now.

You guys got two choices......cozy up to Dodds and hopes he brings you along (and stop complaining about the LHN) or hope you can repair the bridge you burned with the SEC

So far this YEAR you've been turned down by both the PAC and the Big 10.

Can't say we've applied anywhere....link?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac-12 wasn't going to dismiss a possible pod-system of four four-team subdivisions for scheduling purposes, but wouldn't agree to giving Texas favored treatment. Texas has its own network, the Longhorn Network, which is operated by ESPN. If Texas supported equal revenue sharing, then that would have meant more regional networks for the Pac-12 and even more money. But Texas wasn't willing to do that, according to the source.

Pac-12 Conference decides it won't expand further - ESPN

Nothing in that link states it was a 4 team package deal. Not once does it state that it has to be 4 teams or nothing. OU and OSU are not good enough for them to stand on their own.

They didn't even CONSIDER adding OU and OSU on their own, LOL......EVERYTHING is dependent on Texas joining or not. That means THEY DON'T WANT OU

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say we've applied anywhere....link?

You haven't applied because you've been told TWICE now you wouldn't be accepted!

Dude, just stop, seriously. OU is not wanted by TWO major conferences, both of which have tried to add Texas.

Texas is the prize here. OU is a great program, but you're secondary to getting Texas.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnite star...

I have no idea where we are going. I don't know if we're going anywhere. I know there's been some talk, but that's all it has been thus far....talk.

All I do know is that it really doesn't matter where we end up. In the long run, we will excel. I don't ever have to hunt too hard to watch my team on tv, and I guess I'm ok with that. Regardless of who is making more money off of it.

We're OU.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in that link states it was a 4 team package deal.

This was in the article...
"Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech were considering a potential move from the Big 12 to the Pac-12. After expanding from the Pac-10 with new members Utah and Colorado last year, members of the new Pac-12 decided not to stretch the league farther east."

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnite star...

I have no idea where we are going. I don't know if we're going anywhere. I know there's been some talk, but that's all it has been thus far....talk.

All I do know is that it really doesn't matter where we end up. In the long run, we will excel. I don't ever have to hunt too hard to watch my team on tv, and I guess I'm ok with that. Regardless of who is making more money off of it.

We're OU.

See, this is why I hate you guys, but RESPECT you guys. OU is about WINNING.

This is why I don't respect TAMU. They're about RUNNING.

They're going to the SEC to get away from Texas. OU is about winning, no matter WHERE they are. I can get behind that, even if I hate you guys, LOL

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in that link states it was a 4 team package deal. Not once does it state that it has to be 4 teams or nothing. OU and OSU are not good enough for them to stand on their own.

They didn't even CONSIDER adding OU and OSU on their own, LOL......EVERYTHING is dependent on Texas joining or not. That means THEY DON'T WANT OU

Yep...I can see it now.

They would take colorado all by themselves...but wouldn't consider taking OU all by themselves.

Logical.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I can see it now.

They would take colorado all by themselves...but wouldn't consider taking OU all by themselves.

Logical.

They only took CU because they didn't want to be forced to take Baylor. They thought they had a package deal for all of us.

That's the ONLY reason CU is in the PAC right now. Don't get it twisted.

Huetrang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re:

I applied to OU pretty late and am hoping they still have a spot for me

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we all hate to admit it Oklahoma and Texas are joined at the hip. Texas needs Oklahoma just as much as Oklahoma needs Texas.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wasn't talking about them, since they aren't in the Big 12, now am I???

For all intents and purposes, OU or Texas has won this conference over 90% of the time. My point stands, it's not really hard to get - well, except for you.

Right now, Texas and OU are the big dogs. Everyone else is everyone else......and most of the other teams don't win much.

Those are good reasons for them to want out. This CAN'T be this hard for you to get.

I love how star lumps teja$ in with OU to get to the 90% mark. teja$ with all three of their cc titles (while OU has more than double that). WOW! I can do that too. Watch. "For all intents and purposes, OU and Nebraska won this conference over 90% of the time." See ? Adding OU's 7 cc titles helps anyone's claim to a "90%" winning rate. Oh and Oklahoma and teja$ combined have only won 66% of the cc titles. Jeez you suck... :boom:

Last edited by a moderator:

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Nebraska and Colorado had all the Big XII North Championships outside of maybe three that I can count (I think KSU won 2 - 1998 and 2003 and Mizzou won 1 - 2007).

Texas A&M was a Big12 power in the 1990s but had a bad decade in 2000s.

Colorado Academics according to rankings is > Oklahoma. However, it wasn't just academics but rather logistics according to Larry Scott that made the Pac12 shoot OU and OSU down. Without Texas, it didn't make sense to have a OU/OSU/TT pod with teams traveling out there.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Texas spent the entire time trying to talk OU out of trying to get into the PAC. And then there's this little gem from an article YOU posted last week:

There is growing sentiment in Pac-12 circles that it would be difficult to accept the Oklahoma universities, but it is difficult to underestimate the persuasive powers of Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott.

Academically, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State lag far behind top Pac-12 universities like Stanford, California, U.C.L.A., U.S.C. and Washington. Last year, when the Pac-12 presidents were discussing expansion, they took a sour attitude toward Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, which were viewed as a necessary evil for Texas***8217; potential admission.

ANd of course, Scott's OWN WORDS TODAY:

"Oklahoma and Oklahoma State alone didn't make sense to us at the time"

There is no affirmative statement that they WANT OU.......it's that they DON"T want OU. And the rest of the conference only sees you as a necessary evil to get Texas.

Sucks to be you.

LMAO

Sucks to be us?

LMAO jesus H christ man are you fucking twelve years old?

You are just completly bat shit crazy to think the universe revolves around Do you like me notes: check yes or no.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to be us?

LMAO jesus H christ man are you fucking twelve years old?

You are just completly bat shit crazy to think the universe revolves around Do you like me notes: check yes or no.

What, you don't like what was posted? Don't agree with it? Too bad......the PAC and the Big 10 turned OU down, and your boy occupant couldn't take it.....

Sucks to know you aren't wanted.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, you don't like what was posted? Don't agree with it? Too bad......the PAC and the Big 10 turned OU down, and your boy occupant couldn't take it.....

Sucks to know you aren't wanted.

Ooh darn

Isn't it all about money? Isn't Texas the biggest money maker out there?

You are stating the obvious and its sad because you somehow think it gives Texas a leg up but too bad they still suck this year and OU will stomp their asses because after all the money and the rep it all boils down to who has the better football team and it ain't the longhorns.