• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So now that the seasons over...

BlackshirtsAreComing

Bleed Husker Red
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's the difference between how you thought the team would do before last season started and the actual outcome of the season?

IMO, I was very optimistic about the season to begin with. Would I ever have dreamed we'd drop a game to Iowa State? Never. Yet, I don feel like that was the turning point of the season for us. I also thought that our "D" would be very stout. Again they showed me that I had no inkling of how good they were.

Over all I was pretty impressed with he resiliency of this team. Yes, our offense left a lot of questions unanswered, but i think over the course of spring and summer work outs, we'll start to get that part of our ship set right.

GBR!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I figured we would have some struggles this last season, but I also thought our offense would be better than it was.

I figured we would most likely lose 3 or 4 games. The ISU game was a complete surprise to me too.

Overall, it was an enjoyable season with a really nice ending in our Bowl Game. I'm really looking forward to the 2010 season.

BlackshirtsAreComing

Bleed Husker Red
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The thing thing that cracks me up about this texas lusting troll is that he thinks we're irrelevant. I mean seriously, your Bevo boys had to have one second given to them to beat us WITHOUT an offense that could move the ball consistently. You are a sad, sad little man

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, as everyone already knows, I didn't not have Nebraska in the Big 12 title game. But as far as the number of losses goes it is right where I thought it would be.

I had that many losses because I felt like it was still a team learning the system of new coaches and I felt that we would lose 1-2 games that we were not supposed to lose. Hence Iowa St and kind of Texas Tech. The Texas Tech game might have made me more mad than any game, even the Iowa St game, all season because we basically didn't even show up on either side of the ball.

There were some former Huskers at the beginning of the season, through the first half of the season, that were cracking on the defense by saying that they were not consistent enough on each and every play to be considered one of the greats in Husker history. I disagreed with them then and I disagree with them now. With the positions the offense put them in and the amount of times they were on the field, this is the best defense I have seen at Nebraska EVER!!!!!!!!!!! They may not be the best if you go position by position individually but as a total unit they are the best.

One of the main reasons I picked Kansas to win the Big 12 north was because of what we had, or in this case didn't have, coming back on offense. I thought Kansas was loaded on offense and didn't know they were going to quit on their coach as well. But losing Swift, Peterson, Ganz, and 3 OL, I knew was going to hurt. I didn't think it was going to hurt this badly but I felt there was going to be drop off. I also did not know that our dumb fuck OC was not going to know how to call plays that fit the new players in the system.

So like I said, record wise I felt it was pretty spot on. On the field playing wise, I was both surprised and disappointed. The best thing I liked was that the players through the season continued to get better. That is something we failed to see with the previous retards as coaches. It was a great season and a great stepping stone to the future.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i predicted the record correctly, but didnt see the iowa state game coming, and i thought we'd drop a missouri/kansas type game

i really thought colorado would have been better, they had so many injuries the year before that i thought them being healthy would make them better, and i was wrong, they still sucked

i thought the D would be good, but didnt know they'd be #1 in scoring

i didnt see Lee sucking donkey nuts coming either, but they say he was hurt all year so i guess we'll find out next year when he is "healthy"

the biggest surprise of the year is that hawkins still has a job

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i predicted the record correctly, but didnt see the iowa state game coming, and i thought we'd drop a missouri/kansas type game

i really thought colorado would have been better, they had so many injuries the year before that i thought them being healthy would make them better, and i was wrong, they still sucked

i thought the D would be good, but didnt know they'd be #1 in scoring

i didnt see Lee sucking donkey nuts coming either, but they say he was hurt all year so i guess we'll find out next year when he is "healthy"

the biggest surprise of the year is that hawkins still has a job

Not to toot my own horn but, toot toot. I believe I was the only one at the other board that kept saying that Hawkins wasn't going anywhere because they didn't have the money and the president loves Hawkins. I would have been surprised if they would have fired him.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they could win 10 games but wasn't positive.
I was happy to see Nebraska win the North Division "outright" as I expected them to make it to the title game.

I had Va Tech on the road a toss up
I had Missouri on the road a toss-up
I had TTU as a win
I obviously has Iowa St as a win (yikes)
I had OU a loss.
I had Colorado a toss up
I had KSU, Baylor and KU as wins
Big XII Championship a loss
Bowl Game toss-up

The defense was considerably better than I expected. I remember cursing Bo for not issuing Blackshirts earlier, now I respect him even more for waiting. He knew what he was looking for.

The offense totally let me down. Lee was supposed to be a better runner/faster than Ganz. The receivers were supposed to be more talented than Swift/Peterson.
Maybe they are...They're just not very fuckin smart.

BlackshirtsAreComing

Bleed Husker Red
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah I have a feeling our offense is going to make a "big" jump next year. Now please when I say a "Big" jump take it with a grain of salt. I mean it wouldn't have to be to hard to make a jump after this season. I guess what I'm implying is that next season we'll see a lot more consistency on offense. I think we'll be a little better leveled with the offense compared to the defense

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had us going 10-2 with losses to OU and VT in the regular season. We lose the big 12, and win the bowl. I got the big12/bowl game correctly, but we lost to ISU/TTU/VT, and BEAT Oklahoma. Did not EVER expect to beat OU, and did not EVER expect to lose to ISU. TTU was an acceptable loss however.

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Many suprises this year, win over Oklahoma, loss to Iowa State. Two heartbreaking loses to VT and Texa$. But the bowl game took all the bad tastes out of my mouth of this season.

The offense was pathetic. And I really don't know how they could look themselves in the mirror sometimes this year when they let the defense down so many times. Had we just a FRESHMAN college level offense we would have 1 loss this year (Tech).

Thank you DEFENSE!

I think I predicted anywhere from a 2 loss season to a 4 loss season, but overall this season did suprise me after we got going. I knew after the Mizzou game we were in trouble and then came the back to back losses to TT and ISU and I thought for sure we were done for. I knew the North was not going to be ours and we would struggle to make it over .500. But Bo Pelini suprised me and once again for a second year in a row got this team going again mid-season and we end up taking the North and should have won the Big12. (Thanks BC$)

All in all, the ending to this season made the wait for next year seem like forever. I can't wait to see the Huskers take the field again. We will be stout.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I figured we would have a 12-2 to 10-4 season.
I expected a better D than what Bo had his 1st year but they really stepped up and improved all season.
I was VERY VERY disappointed and surprised at how bad our offense was all of the reg. season and really expected a closer game against AZ. I am very upset with Watson as he didn't show any ability to adjust during a game or as has been said even have a game plan that used his offense in a way that fit his players. Bo used walk-ons his 1st year to get the job done and Watson has not done any player development on the offensive side of the ball. Personally I think TO was asked to give Watson some "suggestions" when prepping for the bowl game and that is what we saw. I believe that if we had TO running the offense this year we would have been in a BCS game and may have beat VT, would have beat Ia St and probably beat TT and based on how we played against Texas won that game. I do however think Texas didn't take our D seriously enough and felt they would only need a TD to beat us and we would be lucky to score. If we had done better during the season Texas would have taken us more seriously and the B12 championship game would have had a different score.

I figured we would win at least 3 of the 4 Out of Conf games and that VT was a possible win but could be a loss also.

I figured we would beat Ia. St., K St., Baylor, TT, CU and that we would probably beat KU and MU but that they could be losses. And that OU would be a loss and that we would lose the B-12 championship to Texas and win our bowl game.

Our offense was a total shock to me all season as to me the ONLY game they looked good for the whole game was AZ, otherwise to me they would only look good for a 1/2 and usually for less than a 1/4 and you just never knew when they would hit their little hot streak and get enough pts to win IF the D worked their rear ends off. Even in the 55-0 game the O didn't seem to be clicking to me.

I am hope Bo is right about this years D but I know we will have a decent D even if Bo is wrong about how good the D will be this year.
I am not confident in the Offense at all. The AZ game give some hope but because of how Zac played this year, not handling pressure well consistently and Watson not developing ANY other QB's or going to the hot receivers in a game. I hope that the O plays as well this season as they did against AZ. IF they do I see a one or two loss season for us and if the D is better next year then we could be undefeated and in the NC talk again.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i thought the huskers would be in the big 12 championship game, but lose and then end up in the cotton bowl.
so the season fell a skosh short of my expectations.
what surprised me was the skid of ou, osu, mizzou and kansas and the tenacity of isu and ksu and how lost cu was. texas wasn't what it was cracked up to be either.
i would have loved to see how next years nu's squad would have done against the likes of ou, texas, mizzou, tech and osu 2008 version.
anyways, you play who's on the schedule and to say next year's schedule is favorable would be an understatement.