• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So NFL Games AREN'T Rigged???

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the games are rigged per se, but the rules on taunting are extremely soft and white.

...as are the roughing the QB rules. Refs overall were terrible this weekend. In the Bills/Jags game, the first two penalties they called on the wrong team and had to reverse, they routinely got the numbers wrong, phantom calls, etc. In the Rams game, they allowed a penalty to be enforced after the kickoff which is not an option per the rule book, not to mention that horrible roughing the passer along the sideline on Aaron Donald, who was in the air trying to push Tannehill out of bounds before he released the ball. Clean contact, nothing violent or unsafe. Donald is great, but he can't change direction mid-air.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The official needs to be suspended for that bull crap. He's not part of the game other than to enforce the rules, not get physically involved unless needed, and that was totally unwarranted.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The official needs to be suspended for that bull crap. He's not part of the game other than to enforce the rules, not get physically involved unless needed, and that was totally unwarranted.

He won't be and probably get the Super Bowl

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did those officials bet on the game? NFL deletes the video as it is pretty obvious. I changed channels after the bears touchdown was taken away by a phantom low block call. Checked back in a few times but the outcome was already decided before the kickoff.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the video is on utube, Most obvious bullshit move by an official I have ever seen. Fire that POS

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the NFL, lol. I watched the Lakers get T-ed up 3 times during one dead ball arguing a foul call. In the Rutgers vs Syracuse football game earlier this year, Coach Schiano shouted at the refs and held up the game for nearly 10 minutes, continuously calling them back over to the sideline to yell at them. Syracuse coach says one thing a play or two later and gets a 15 yard penalty.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"First of all, keep in mind that taunting is a point of emphasis this year," Corrente said in a pool report. "And with that said, I saw the player, after he made a big play, run toward the bench area of the Pittsburgh Steelers and posture in such a way that I felt he was taunting them.

"I didn't judge [the contact] as anything that I dealt with. That had nothing to do with it. It was the taunting aspect."

The above is from ESPN and is Corrente's response....and I call BS as he threw the flag only after he hip checked Marsh... he wasn't reaching for it before the hip check...only after... maybe he's confused and suffers mental lapses...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...as are the roughing the QB rules. Refs overall were terrible this weekend. In the Bills/Jags game, the first two penalties they called on the wrong team and had to reverse, they routinely got the numbers wrong, phantom calls, etc. In the Rams game, they allowed a penalty to be enforced after the kickoff which is not an option per the rule book, not to mention that horrible roughing the passer along the sideline on Aaron Donald, who was in the air trying to push Tannehill out of bounds before he released the ball. Clean contact, nothing violent or unsafe. Donald is great, but he can't change direction mid-air.

not with that attitude he can't.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"First of all, keep in mind that taunting is a point of emphasis this year," Corrente said in a pool report. "And with that said, I saw the player, after he made a big play, run toward the bench area of the Pittsburgh Steelers and posture in such a way that I felt he was taunting them.

"I didn't judge [the contact] as anything that I dealt with. That had nothing to do with it. It was the taunting aspect."

The above is from ESPN and is Corrente's response....and I call BS as he threw the flag only after he hip checked Marsh... he wasn't reaching for it before the hip check...only after... maybe he's confused and suffers mental lapses...

exactly as soon as he moved his hip he reached for his flag..

These are "big boys" remove taunting all together! Let them play... If players don't like someone "taunting them" they will deal with it on the field

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he was taunting or not...

Taunting penalties shouldn't change the outcomes of games. Fine them, suspend them after the fact, if you need to, but don't affect the game.

It's not like a situation where someone lined up in the neutral zone, or pass interference, or holding, where the outcome of a play was changed by a penalty.

Deal with it as a separate issue with the player himself.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he was taunting or not...

Taunting penalties shouldn't change the outcomes of games. Fine them, suspend them after the fact, if you need to, but don't affect the game.

It's not like a situation where someone lined up in the neutral zone, or pass interference, or holding, where the outcome of a play was changed by a penalty.

Deal with it as a separate issue with the player himself.

Class post

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just one play, it was many obvious ones. I get refs aren't perfect but they just happened to see the Bears and not the Steelers? Right. I'm just saying it looks suspicious especially after a ref bumps a player and throws a flag. Just too many signs

You notice he didn't throw the flag until after the REF bumped him. It was never after he was "taunting", which from that clip, it looked like nothing. I saw 15-20 plays worse of guys celebrating WAY worse than that.

Like c'mon