• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Jimmy G sucks now?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That what I'm hearing/seeing?

Man, how quickly people jumped off the Jimmy G train

Sportstalk here in ATL seems to be more focused on Shanahan blowing than Jimmy G, including myself.

IMO you can't have your QB throw <30 passes combined in the playoff games to that point, and expect him to come out on the biggest stage of his life and go 27 for 32 and 350.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jimmy G has been getting a lot better treatment than Kyle Shanahan.

Lots of people thought the Niners had the better team, it seems.

I thought SF had the more complete team, but my moniker for two weeks was very good DEF vs Elite QB/OFC. I thought the elite OFC would win a close game.

IMO the SF DEF did their job, they finally had a breach on the big TD run, but they had faced an onslaught of possessions, with not much rest in between...obviously the OFC didn't give them much support late.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't suck, he makes some nice throws... I think he's just doing what the coaching staff wants him to do, not a lot of improv... But you can't argue with his record since becoming the 49rs starter, he's done the job he's been asked to do ... Mahomes though is light years ahead of him, he's all improv, he's one of those guy's that can make something happen when a play breaks down, I don't know if that's Jimmy's thing.. But time will tell, he's got time to show more as his career moves forward...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportstalk here in ATL seems to be more focused on Shanahan blowing than Jimmy G, including myself.

IMO you can't have your QB throw <30 passes combined in the playoff games to that point, and expect him to come out on the biggest stage of his life and go 27 for 32 and 350.

49rs shoulda stuck with the running game more , it was working and working BIG TIME... I think the coaching staff outsmarted themselves, just do what got you there, ride it until the end and if you lose at least you lost doing what you do ... I think Jimmy only had 8 passing attempts in the NFC title game... and only completed 6!! That shows you how insanely effective the 49rs were running the ball...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49rs shoulda stuck with the running game more , it was working and working BIG TIME... I think the coaching staff outsmarted themselves, just do what got you there, ride it until the end and if you lose at least you lost doing what you do ... I think Jimmy only had 8 passing attempts in the NFC title game... and only completed 6!! That shows you how insanely effective the 49rs were running the ball...

The operative words...

It was working!!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmy certainly did not look good on those last couple of drives. maybe it was a fluke or maybe an indication that is just not a franchise type dude.
Put Aaron Rodgers on that Niners team and they'd be SB Champions.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G throws a nice pass but can't avoid a pass rush.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought SF had the more complete team, but my moniker for two weeks was very good DEF vs Elite QB/OFC. I thought the elite OFC would win a close game.

IMO the SF DEF did their job, they finally had a breach on the big TD run, but they had faced an onslaught of possessions, with not much rest in between...obviously the OFC didn't give them much support late.
KC and SF both had ways to exploit the other team's defense. I think I saw something where KC was 5 for 5 against Richard Sherman.

I'm not really sure SF was a 'complete' team. They had strengths and weaknesses just like KC

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EPz4t1sUcAADL1N

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC and SF both had ways to exploit the other team's defense. I think I saw something where KC was 5 for 5 against Richard Sherman.

I'm not really sure SF was a 'complete' team. They had strengths and weaknesses just like KC

That's very true.

Very slight, but it makes a big difference here.

I said I thought they were the more complete team....meaning of the two.

Nonetheless, I picked KC.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was a tale of the coaches. As mentioned before, Shanahan could have had the ball back with 1:40 with 2 t/o's before first half but decided to go conservative and let the clock wind down. When Mahomes ran for the first down near the endzone but carried the ball like a loaf of bread, and it was knocked out of bounds making it a 4th and 1. I believe some coaches would have kicked the FG and made it a 10-6 game but Reid had the balls to go for it , along with going for it on another 4td down. Now if they got stopped short, it is a 17 pt game with 7 minutes to go, huge swing

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's very true.

Very slight, but it makes a big difference here.

I said I thought they were the more complete team....meaning of the two.

Nonetheless, I picked KC.
I was a little surprised at how long the Niners kept KC down. If Reid didn't make that aggressive play to start the game then it would've looked like SF dominated the first 3 Quarters. Eric Fisher is one of those kind of players on KCs offense were he is really solid until he goes against an elite player and then he just folds up.

I don't think SF gets enough credit for attacking KC's weaknesses. SF defense was set up in a way where they speed rushed on the outside forcing Mahomes to step up in the pocket. You could tell Mahomes knew this coming and I think he sped up his clock too much and he was off because of it. SF was basically giving KC 7-9 yards on every pass play but making sure that they didn't give up any big plays. Mahomes was too rattled to give a Brady impersonation and really punish that type of defense (which is totally possible if you have a QB in rhythm).

I guess I just don't like the narrative that the Niners QB and coach are both terrible. They just both had issues. Mahomes had issues, too, but we won MVP because KC as a team really changed everything in the 4th quarter.

KC is actually a lot like that Atlanta team that lost in the Super Bowl. They don't always give you a full game but they can drop 20-30 points in a quarter. Thats just how they operate.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy’s the kind of QB who’s a hair better than mediocre, but he’s going to need an obscenely talented squad (and luck) to win a SB. Hart’s to imagine it happening.

Maybe if the team retains everyone & adds a #1 WR threat...

Wasn't Sanders that #1 threat?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised at how long the Niners kept KC down. If Reid didn't make that aggressive play to start the game then it would've looked like SF dominated the first 3 Quarters. Eric Fisher is one of those kind of players on KCs offense were he is really solid until he goes against an elite player and then he just folds up.

I don't think SF gets enough credit for attacking KC's weaknesses. SF defense was set up in a way where they speed rushed on the outside forcing Mahomes to step up in the pocket. You could tell Mahomes knew this coming and I think he sped up his clock too much and he was off because of it. SF was basically giving KC 7-9 yards on every pass play but making sure that they didn't give up any big plays. Mahomes was too rattled to give a Brady impersonation and really punish that type of defense (which is totally possible if you have a QB in rhythm).

I guess I just don't like the narrative that the Niners QB and coach are both terrible. They just both had issues. Mahomes had issues, too, but we won MVP because KC as a team really changed everything in the 4th quarter.

KC is actually a lot like that Atlanta team that lost in the Super Bowl. They don't always give you a full game but they can drop 20-30 points in a quarter. Thats just how they operate.

SF played great for 3Qs...it really looked as if they were getting ready to take full control.

Where I thought SF let the game's momentum get away was the back to back possessions with nothing to show for it, and only ran 4 mins off the clock. To me it seemed like after the 2nd INT by Mahomes, he (Shanahan) went out of character trying to close the door, and they couldn't pull it off.

Initially I thought maybe KC had changed DEF or something to force a change, but I just watched the all22 tape and KC played 8 in the box with 49 as the single high S most of the night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prisco and florio throwing blows at each other as we speak