• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Jennings is spouting off about Rodgers in MN already

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings has alot left in the tank, i would bet he plays for 6-7 more productive seasons ,

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jennings was our best WR when healthy. He didn't have outstanding hands, but they were better than most. He was just so smooth. He'd make defenders look lost at times and it didn't even look like he did anything. He'd get open so easily at times and then turn a 10 yd catch into a TD and made it look easy. But lately he had trouble staying on the field. Was hoping to keep him, but not exactly devastated he went somewhere else for more money either.

We have other WR's with other strengths, but Jennings was/is good. Not sure how often it will matter though with Ponder as his QB.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ponder will get the ball to him. But really they should just hand the ball to AP.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible that no packer players like a.rodgers and once they leave the truth comes out?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Aaron is pissed behind the scenes... this is the same guy who starts pouting whenever someone mentions how much shorter he is than they thought he was.

Instead of saying... "Yeah, I am breaking the stereotype of short QB's..." he starts pouting and gives people the cold shoulder.

I am a GB fan... but I was very disappointed in AR when I saw him act like that with fans who made completely innocent comments get snapped at.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rodgers is now supposed to take the blame when receivers run the wrong routes? Yea.....ok then

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible that no packer players like a.rodgers and once they leave the truth comes out?

When your quarterback is Jay Cutler....you should really just shut your piehole when it comes to conversations about actual capable QBs

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jennings was our best WR when healthy. He didn't have outstanding hands, but they were better than most. He was just so smooth. He'd make defenders look lost at times and it didn't even look like he did anything. He'd get open so easily at times and then turn a 10 yd catch into a TD and made it look easy. But lately he had trouble staying on the field. Was hoping to keep him, but not exactly devastated he went somewhere else for more money either.

We have other WR's with other strengths, but Jennings was/is good. Not sure how often it will matter though with Ponder as his QB.
Those windows A.R. threw into during XLV were all Aaron - it was Jennings job to catch them. He did. He had a great game, but A.R. was [& rightly so] MVP for a reason.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking anything away from AR. He's the best in the business at this point and one of the best I've ever been able to see play ever. I think Jennings is in for a wake up when he realizes, it's much tougher to make catches when the ball isn't on target. It's not going to be as easy to be so smooth when you're reaching up and behind or at your feet to try and make another catch from Ponder. He's not going to be catching it in stride and able to make a little wiggle and be gone, he'll be using his energy to try and adjust to another poor pass just to make the catch.

I just don't have the Jennings hate some do now. I think he said some stupid things, I also think those were twisted and used to create a context that was never intended in the first place. But that's the media for you.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking anything away from AR. He's the best in the business at this point and one of the best I've ever been able to see play ever. I think Jennings is in for a wake up when he realizes, it's much tougher to make catches when the ball isn't on target. It's not going to be as easy to be so smooth when you're reaching up and behind or at your feet to try and make another catch from Ponder. He's not going to be catching it in stride and able to make a little wiggle and be gone, he'll be using his energy to try and adjust to another poor pass just to make the catch.

I just don't have the Jennings hate some do now. I think he said some stupid things, I also think those were twisted and used to create a context that was never intended in the first place. But that's the media for you.

:agree:

aronnov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious to see how many more pile on Rodgers as they leave..

Like daddy always said.. if one person calls you a jerk you ingore him (Favre), if another does it, punch him in the mouth (Jennings), and if a third does it... (Driver) they might be onto something....

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Aaron is pissed behind the scenes... this is the same guy who starts pouting whenever someone mentions how much shorter he is than they thought he was.

Instead of saying... "Yeah, I am breaking the stereotype of short QB's..." he starts pouting and gives people the cold shoulder.

I am a GB fan... but I was very disappointed in AR when I saw him act like that with fans who made completely innocent comments get snapped at.

If that disappoints you...well...I don't know what to tell you. Find a different QB to cheer for, I guess.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious to see how many more pile on Rodgers as they leave..

Like daddy always said.. if one person calls you a jerk you ingore him (Favre), if another does it, punch him in the mouth (Jennings), and if a third does it... (Driver) they might be onto something....

Could you provide some links to prove this? I recall Farve saying it wasn't his job to mentor Rodgers (which is kind of a d-bag thing to say in my book), and I recall him saying he was surprised Rodgers didn't win a Super Bowl sooner. But I don't ever recall him saying Rodgers was a jerk. But I'm sure you can back up your statement with a link.

Jennings essentially said that Rodgers couldn't take criticism. I guess, in a round-a-bout way, you could read that he thinks Rodgers is a jerk in there, but then again, Jennings did apologize for his statements.

The only thing Driver said was that Rodgers wouldn't accept the blame for teammates' mistakes. As long as Rodgers doesn't call anybody out in public (which he never has to my knowledge, but I'm sure you can provide a link to prove me wrong, as you do seem like a rather intelligent and informed chap) I am perfectly fine with him wanting people to own up to their own mistakes.

I won't be holding my breath, but I will be waiting patiently for that proof.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let them pile on, as long as he remains an accurate, mobile passer and one of the best in the league, I don't care what any of them say. He's their quarterback, and a damn good one. he isn't there to be their best friend. People say things about the best all the time.

When Holmgren left, a lot of players said how great it was to be out from under his thumb and how tight he made everything and everyone feel by his rigidity. A lot of good it did them, they didn't win another superbowl without him, instead they did less with more sometimes. Sherman had the talent to win a couple and they never did.

People said things about young, and Marino, they say them about Brady and Manning. Who cares.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder Jennings (and his sister) is feeling today after only getting 3 catches for 33 yards while someone else on team (Simpson) had 7 catches for 140 and getting thrown to by Ponder for an actual game. :dhd: