• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I had my best start ever yesterday...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played in the championship flight which was 5 handicap and under but the guy who won the D flight claimed a 29 handicap and was 4 over when he closed out his opponent on #15. Total sandbagger. He wins his flight in events all the time. I felt a little bad for him though because when he was being presented his gift certificate for winning his flight everyone all at once turned their back on the proceedings. He actually took his certificate and then yelled "fuck all of you" as he walked away.

That's piss poor...kind of reminds me of some guys at my BIL's club down in FL...every member-guest tourney this one member had a guest that was supposedly a 15 handicap and one day one the guest would shoot something in the mid 80s...once they see where they were positioned he'd get "lucky" on the final day and shoot pretty much whatever they needed to win it seems like...75 when I played in it...same member but a different guest every year...they finally barred him from playing in it and he left and went to another club...total ass wipe.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played a round yesterday, a good warmup for a Rotary tournament I am playing tomorrow, shot a 78 a the local muni, another best round for me, on a course I know very well, and left 2 birdie putts just short, the greens were a little shaggy so, not a major faux pas.

Congrats...well done!

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birdied a 526 yard Par 5 a few weeks back
had 5 other Pars in the round rest were bogeys and a double bogey

hadn't golfed in 3 years

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's piss poor...kind of reminds me of some guys at my BIL's club down in FL...every member-guest tourney this one member had a guest that was supposedly a 15 handicap and one day one the guest would shoot something in the mid 80s...once they see where they were positioned he'd get "lucky" on the final day and shoot pretty much whatever they needed to win it seems like...75 when I played in it...same member but a different guest every year...they finally barred him from playing in it and he left and went to another club...total ass wipe.

I never understood that thinking. How is that any fun when you know you basically cheated to win.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birdied a 526 yard Par 5 a few weeks back
had 5 other Pars in the round rest were bogeys and a double bogey

hadn't golfed in 3 years

Sounds like an 84 to me. Not bad for not having played in 3 years.