• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how do you like your team's draft?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, could. Anyone could be. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder

Here are the kickers drafted in the last 5 years. Are they the best kickers?

YearNo.RoundPickPlayerNameTeamCollege
2023​
1​
3​
36​
99​
Jake Moody​
49ers​
Michigan​
2​
4​
10​
112​
Chad Ryland​
Patriots​
Maryland​
3​
6​
30​
207​
Anders Carlson​
Packers​
Auburn​
2022​
1​
4​
19​
124​
Cade York​
Browns​
Louisiana State​
2021​
1​
5​
5​
149​
Evan McPherson​
Bengals​
Florida​
2020​
1​
5​
13​
159​
Justin Rohrwasser​
Patriots​
Marshall​
2​
6​
9​
188​
Tyler Bass​
Bills​
Georgia Southern​
3​
7​
34​
248​
Sam Sloman​
Rams​
Miami (OH)​
2019​
1​
5​
7​
145​
Matt Gay​
Buccaneers​
Utah​
2​
5​
32​
170​
Austin Seibert​
Browns​
Oklahoma​
2018​
1​
5​
30​
167​
Daniel Carlson​
Vikings​
Auburn​
2​
7​
11​
229​
Jason Sanders​
Dolphins​
New Mexico​
Idk. But Moody is prolly the best kicker in the last five years in the draft.

Jason Hanson was a second rounder, he’s one of the best Lions draft picks of my lifetime. Top Ten easily.

A majority of guys drafted after Moody will never be more than depth.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it up with law enforcement who allowed him to leave.
What do you mean by "allowed him to leave"? He left before the cops showed up then returned hours later. Too late for a DUI test then. Besides Georgia cops are not eager to arrest a Georgia Bulldog football star, they cut him ever break they could.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 99th pick in the draft cannot be the worst pick. There isn’t enough value on the pick for it be the worst.

Nobody gets fired for failed late third rounders.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by "allowed him to leave"? He left before the cops showed up then returned hours later. Too late for a DUI test then. Besides Georgia cops are not eager to arrest a Georgia Bulldog football star, they cut him ever break they could.
So now we can’t trust law enforcement. Georgia law is like the law in many states where leaving the scene is essentially viewed as admission of intoxication. He wasn’t charged with anything consistent with that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter being fat and lazy seems like a much bigger concern than him drag racing drunk.

From a football perspective anyway.

The combo seems like it took him off a lot of boards completely.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter being fat and lazy seems like a much bigger concern than him drag racing drunk.

From a football perspective anyway.

The combo seems like it took him off a lot of boards completely.
Exactly. He ducked the legal stuff and anything that would have sunk him from that incident. The real issues were:
1. His Georgia coaches had almost universally vocalized glad he’s gone.
2. Masked playing at Georgia because of them keeping reps split among talented defensive personnel is that he has been lazy without a high energy motor.
3. He showed up at his pro day over his playing weight and unable to finish drills.

He’s a project. I don’t think the Eagles get much out of him this year. He likely gets 10-14 snaps a game. He’s there to grow up this year and for the Eagles to repair the mind set of the player. Can’t remember who I read today but a reporter offered the opinion that an extra layer of success in the Nolan Smith selection at 30 is a positive voice in his life that has had success motivating him. I mean people are making him out to be some slug. That’s an overstatement. He is going to be a feast or famine prospect though. He’s either Warren Sapp or he’s Big Daddy Wilkerson.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He ducked the legal stuff and anything that would have sunk him from that incident. The real issues were:
1. His Georgia coaches had almost universally vocalized glad he’s gone.
2. Masked playing at Georgia because of them keeping reps split among talented defensive personnel is that he has been lazy without a high energy motor.
3. He showed up at his pro day over his playing weight and unable to finish drills.

He’s a project. I don’t think the Eagles get much out of him this year. He likely gets 10-14 snaps a game. He’s there to grow up this year and for the Eagles to repair the mind set of the player. Can’t remember who I read today but a reporter offered the opinion that an extra layer of success in the Nolan Smith selection at 30 is a positive voice in his life that has had success motivating him. I mean people are making him out to be some slug. That’s an overstatement. He is going to be a feast or famine prospect though. He’s either Warren Sapp or he’s Big Daddy Wilkerson.
Philly definitely was in a position to take a risk with him and all his talent. More so than most teams.

When I heard him admit he could’ve worked harder at practice and had better results, I knew we’d see him slip a bit.

Reminds me of Nick Fairley some. Great talent, but big concerns with motivation. Albert Haynesworth is another guy that comes to mind.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly definitely was in a position to take a risk with him and all his talent. More so than most teams.

When I heard him admit he could’ve worked harder at practice and had better results, I knew we’d see him slip a bit.

Reminds me of Nick Fairley some. Great talent, but big concerns with motivation. Albert Haynesworth is another guy that comes to mind.
Man, great pulls on those names. Think you’re dead on. Seeing how this broke, I have to revisit my comments that the Eagles overpaid Fletcher Cox. Low motor and taking plays off was a worry for him when he was drafted.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, great pulls on those names. Think you’re dead on. Seeing how this broke, I have to revisit my comments that the Eagles overpaid Fletcher Cox. Low motor and taking plays off was a worry for him when he was drafted.
It’s been awhile, but Fairley being drafted is still fresh in my mind.

As is his career.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Dallas added a big, run stuffing DT with untapped pass rush potential. Not a fan of the TE they took, but them continuing to invest in the defense with an athletic LB and another big DE/DT is awesome.
The midget RB they took has real playmaking ability as a pass catcher, too.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1682992137889.png
:ohwell:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter was out clubbing with his friends until the clubs closed, the driver who crashed was double the legal limit but Carter's lawyer wants us to believe Carter was just sipping ginger ale all night. Right.
A college Student was caught being out partying? So it aint so?

I would be more worried about him showing up out of shape than this crazy thought.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The claim was made that he did not drink any alcohol prior to the wreck, no one believes that, but lawyers did what she was paid to do...lie

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be more worried about him showing up out of shape than this crazy thought.
Oh he's a talent, zero question about that. He had the most to risk, thus left the scene for awhile. His road ahead will say if these things were or weren't red flags.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killed it for the 2nd year in a row. I’m super excited.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is also my biggest red flag on him. The partying and racing thing was a stupid choice but a choice that a lot of young people make and it led to tragedy. I think he could have showed more contrition about it but he may have internalized it more.
Showing up at his pro day fat and out of shape is a concern. My thought on that is he's been told for 2 years that he's the best college player in the country and a likely #1 overall pick. If he got complacent and cocky, that's a huge red flag ala Albert Haynseworth. But we will see what happens in that Philly locker room. By all accounts, I agree the culture there could make the kid grow up and realize that talent alone isn't enough but if the rumors were true that this is his character, he won't live up to his potential.
On the other hand, his pro day issue could be related to the racing incident. People are quick to judge guys but maybe, just maybe, this kid is actually suffering from depression because of the incident and just afraid to get help or deal with it. Which is why he let himself go to shit. Not saying this scenario is factual or even likely but it is a possibility and the whole "macho" culture of not talking about mental issues is pretty dumb.
We will see how the kid does but there is no denying his massive talent.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Lions had a great draft. Your offense is gonna be insane next year... and I really liked Campbell, I had him mocked to Seattle more than once with our second first.

Bills fans had Campbell targeted for sure, but I didn't think he was going to fall into their range of the draft without trading down (I figured early-mid second). Lions got aggressive and took him even earlier than the Bills 1st. Get your guys.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is also my biggest red flag on him. The partying and racing thing was a stupid choice but a choice that a lot of young people make and it led to tragedy. I think he could have showed more contrition about it but he may have internalized it more.
Showing up at his pro day fat and out of shape is a concern. My thought on that is he's been told for 2 years that he's the best college player in the country and a likely #1 overall pick. If he got complacent and cocky, that's a huge red flag ala Albert Haynseworth. But we will see what happens in that Philly locker room. By all accounts, I agree the culture there could make the kid grow up and realize that talent alone isn't enough but if the rumors were true that this is his character, he won't live up to his potential.
On the other hand, his pro day issue could be related to the racing incident. People are quick to judge guys but maybe, just maybe, this kid is actually suffering from depression because of the incident and just afraid to get help or deal with it. Which is why he let himself go to shit. Not saying this scenario is factual or even likely but it is a possibility and the whole "macho" culture of not talking about mental issues is pretty dumb.
We will see how the kid does but there is no denying his massive talent.

His draft day interview was odd too. Asked about the incidents, he pivoted and said they got the best player, but not in a real confident manner.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The claim was made that he did not drink any alcohol prior to the wreck, no one believes that, but lawyers did what she was paid to do...lie
Don’t forget the cops. You’re accusing them of malfeasance as well.