• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, do people still think Sanchez is better than Stafford?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sanchez is nothing but a product of ESPN. At best, he can be mediocre. Only a NY QB can go 9 straight quarters without a Td and keep his job. Seriously, that's 2 full games and a quarter.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY QBs are a joke

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sanchez is nothing but a product of ESPN. At best, he can be mediocre.

That's ridiculous. ESPN trashes Sanchez any chance they get.

Only a NY QB can go 9 straight quarters without a Td and keep his job.

That makes zero sense. And "at best" he's mediocre? You mean those mediocre games when he beat the Patriots & Colts in the playoffs? Don't be blinded by hate Bracus. Nobody is calling Sanchez all prro', but he's accomplished more by age 24 than at least 95% of QBs do.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, you started this thread about a month too early. You're really gonna say Stafford > Sanchez because of a preseason game when Sanchez has aready won 4 playoff games & has a 100+ postseason passer rating?

:cell:

You're the lucky winner of....post of the thread!!! tell him what he's won johny..... a brand new car!

but really, Stafford needs to last out there... and win playoff games...(yes lions D aint no Jets D... but Jets WRs aren't capable like Det's Megatron)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matthew Stafford completed 12-of-14 passes for 200 yards and two touchdowns in the Lions' third preseason game Saturday night.

He hooked up with Nate Burleson (nine yards) and Tony Scheffler (22 yards) for the scoring tosses. Through three preseason games, Stafford is 24-of-31 for 356 yards, five touchdowns, and no interceptions. That's good for a 77.4 completion rate and 11.48 YPA. Health will continue to be Stafford's biggest obstacle, but he has top-three fantasy QB potential if he stays healthy.

Good God, Why, why can't those #'s belong to OUR QB!!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They would if our QBs can pull off a 5 step back in 3 steps!!!!

Haha, no shit, right...

Tonight I went from 'HERE WE GO!!!' to 'Aaaand were back' all in the space of minutes. Ugh!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the Lions offensive line has been playing better, their line was part of why Stafford kept getting injured.

As a Lobos fan, I feel obligated to illustrate that the MWC is NOT undefeated in bowl games. In the 09-10 season, Boise State beat TCU.

I'm not going to delve into what bowl games the mighty Lobos have lost.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is my sleeper pick indeed. Depending what round.

Hmmm.

I don't see Cam succeeding at this level. His two biggest weaknesses are accuracy and reading defenses. Those are big hurdles for NFL QB's to overcome.

If he's around in the 12th week, and your backup QB is listed as Probable, I'd consider dumping a backup kicker for him.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, no shit, right...

Tonight I went from 'HERE WE GO!!!' to 'Aaaand were back' all in the space of minutes. Ugh!

Not one receiver had more than one catch. Both QB's had a pick and no TD's.

Who's available in the 2012 draft? I get it's the preseason, but those numbers are atrocious. Kinda seems like we've already mailed it in.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've haven't got on the Sanchez bandwagon. I feel like he is getting Namath treatment right now. The hype doesn't match the performance. His team has carried him far, so he gets credit as a guy they can win with.

While Stafford hasn't won, or stayed healthy, I think his potential is still way more valuable than Sanchez.

Slightly off topic, but I expect a respectable year for the Lions, they have finally had some good draft picks they are building on. For as old as they are, and as much as they have struggled, I'd like to see some success for them. Any fan loyal to that team deserves something.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford can just flat out make throws that Sanchez can only dream about making. Stafford has always been the type QB to force the issue and attempt to make something happen with his arm. He gets into trouble for it, but he also makes big plays with it. Sanchez has always been more a product of the system. He doesn't have the playmaking ability of Stafford. He has to play within the system and make smart plays to be effective. If the Jets fall behind by 3 TD's they are toast because Sanchez needs the running game to be effective.

I will get hated for this, but I don't see a huge difference between Alex Smith and Mark Sanchez other than the teams they play for. I will give it to Sanchez though he is more of a gamer than Smith. Smith looks unsure and scared to make a play at time. Sanchez at least will attempt to make it. I just don't think ability wise their is a lot seperating the two.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That makes zero sense. And "at best" he's mediocre? You mean those mediocre games when he beat the Patriots & Colts in the playoffs? Don't be blinded by hate Bracus. Nobody is calling Sanchez all prro', but he's accomplished more by age 24 than at least 95% of QBs do.

"he beat the Patriots and Colts"? He beat them as much as Dilfer beat any team. Just because his team wins, doesn't mean it was because of him. It might have something to do with that defense they got there. Like I said, 9 quarters without a Td. With the exception of the elite (Brady, Manning, Brees...) any otheree QB would've been benched. Now I'm a guy thtat can't stand Alex Smith and can't wait for the day he's gone, but Sanchez would be a downgrade. Those weapons and that defense, that team should've been in a superbowl already. It's not hate, I could care less about the Jets. Not even in our conference, just calling it like I see it.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know i am a little late joining the discussion, but here it goes.

I would take Stafford over Sanchez or Freeman. I have to admit Freeman is already a better QB than i ever thought he would be and he's done it with an average O-line. Sanchez has had little to no success as a QB with arguably the best Offensive line in the NFL. He hasn't progressed nearly as much as Freeman and i have little faith for him to ever be capable of leading his team to a Super Bowl.

You guys who said Stafford really hasn't proved he's going to be anything spectacular may have a solid point, but in the games he has played in he has looked better than any game i've seen Sanchez play. I remember they did a little behind the scenes video (can't remember if it was last year or the year before) but the guy (Stafford) was playing on an injury that almost any other QB would have sat out and he lead his team down the field and threw for an amazing drive to win the game. He's going to be a great player and leader if he can just stay healthy. My only concern is that his offensive line may not posses the ability to keep him from going down and that is not his fault.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please. Sanchez got drafted into a situation that gave him one of the best OLs in the NFL, one of the best running games, and one of the best defenses. Excuse me if I'm not impressed by those accomplishments - and he's quickly turning into a hindrance for that team, not a catalyst.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford > the Sanchise

But, the jets > lions.

Stafford has been unlucky with the shoulder injuries. I remember his 2nd ishoulder injury resulted from being pushed to ground after scrambling for a few yards. It seemed harmless, but it obviously caused him to miss the rest of the season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Please. Sanchez got drafted into a situation that gave him one of the best OLs in the NFL, one of the best running games, and one of the best defenses. Excuse me if I'm not impressed by those accomplishments - and he's quickly turning into a hindrance for that team, not a catalyst.

Should that count against him? Like I said, he's accomplished this by age 24. I can only think of a couple of QBs (Roethlisberger, Marino) who did more by then. He's done extremely well against the best teams in the NFL. That's what you want in a QB, not a guy who pads his stats against cream puffs (like every QB in the NFC West should be able to do ths year).

"he beat the Patriots and Colts"? He beat them as much as Dilfer beat any team.

5 TD, 1 INT and a 95.5 passer rating in 3 playoff games last offseason. Almost a carbon copy of Dilfer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy-wise, in a 2 QB league-I'd take Stafford as my #2 guy and then pickup up Shaun Hill late in the draft for security. Both were fantastic as QB2's last season when healthy. Anytime you have a red-zone target like Megatron, you are loving life with the Lion's QB's.

I think Sanchez is improving, but I'd still easily take Stafford over him. As has been mentioned, Sanchez is in the perfect situation where he doesn't have to do much to win games for the Jets. He did have a couple great come from behind victories last season though. Stafford has a liver arm and much better pocket awareness.